Russell Wilson Says He’s the Best in NFL

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Talk about not suffering from a self-esteem issue. While I’d definitely peg him as in the top 4-5 right now, I feel like it would be a stretch to take it all the way to #1 “without a doubt” but what say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909815-seahawks-russell-wilson-says-hes-the-best-qb-in-nfl-without-a-doubt

What is your argument against him?

I'm a big RW fan and I know a good mechanic never blames his tools and I hate using this overused narrative but, think about who has what.

Mahomes as a phenomenal talent that he is he has uber offensive talent all around him.

Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Hardman and Robinson. 

Wilson has Carson, Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, Olsen, Hyde. Not horrible but definitely a few pegs down. 

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I'm a big RW fan and I know a good mechanic never blames his tools and I hate using this overused narrative but, think about who has what.

Mahomes as a phenomenal talent that he is he has uber offensive talent all around him.

Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Hardman and Robinson. 

Wilson has Carson, Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, Olsen, Hyde. Not horrible but definitely a few pegs down. 

And Wilson’s cast only just got that good. There were a couple of years right before now that it was wayyyyy worse. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

He should feel that way.  And he can make a damn good argument why it’s true.  I would still take Mahomes, but he’s my next choice. That dude can do everything.  And he’s a winner; always was.  Never understood why teams overlooked all of his skills because of his height.  He never had issues getting the ball out in college.  Kyler Murray should send him a gold watch or something as a thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

What is your argument against him?

I feel like his star has slightly faded since their SB window, in view of the strength of the young guns coming up as well as the staying power of the class before him; make no mistake, he’s top tier, but to say there’s no doubt that he’s the best? Win the MVP this year and I think your case is stronger, imho. I would put both Mahomes and still Rodgers above him, at the very least. And as a pure passer, Brees is still there too—then Wilson with a healthy Big Ben right behind him—then the rest of the young guns like Jackson and Allen who I think will be challenging for the title within the next couple years at current trajectories.