Russell Wilson Says He’s the Best in NFL

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm a big RW fan and I know a good mechanic never blames his tools and I hate using this overused narrative but, think about who has what.

Mahomes as a phenomenal talent that he is he has uber offensive talent all around him.

Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Hardman and Robinson. 

Wilson has Carson, Lockett, Metcalf, Dorsett, Olsen, Hyde. Not horrible but definitely a few pegs down. 

The same argument would’ve applied to Montana, Kelly, Young, v. Elway & Marino in terms of supporting casts, yet they are all HOFers, without regard to who had what along the way. Little bit of chicken/egg riddle here—did the HOF QB make the supporting cast or did the supporting cast make the QB a HOFer?

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

I agree with the majority who have Mahomes at #1 on their list but Russel Wilson absolutely has the credibility to make that statement and feel that way.  Anybody who wants to be great should have that kind of confidence.  If you haven't proven anything in the league yet then it's not something you should be publicly stating but Russel has already proven it at the NFL level.  

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The same argument would’ve applied to Montana, Kelly, Young, v. Elway & Marino in terms of supporting casts, yet they are all HOFers, without regard to who had what along the way. Little bit of chicken/egg riddle here—did the HOF QB make the supporting cast or did the supporting cast make the QB a HOFer?

As it stands right now both are on the fast track to Canton. Would Mahomes still do his thing with Seattle's roster? Maybe, but Wilson has already proven to do more with less. 

50 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

who do u think is better?  Mahomes?

He's saying Wilson is 2nd best.

Edited by billsbackto81

I will get flack for this, but those who say they are the best have insecurities. If one truly feels they are the best, they need not adversise it. They'd let others determine their greatness.  He likely is annoyed that other younger qb's (Mahomes and Lamar) are getting more recognition. Well, you got your recognition Russ, in that Super Bowl. Enjoy it! Or cry over it, as it was the dumbest play ever. Admit it was a mistake. Then I will take you seriously.

• Like (+1) 1