Is Roe v Wade Finally At Deaths Door?

Tiberius

Abortion thunder from the right from... Bill Maher?

"Real Time" host Bill Maher kicked off his panel discussion about the abortion debate Friday by sharing the surprising things he learned following the leaked Supreme Court majority opinion draft on Roe v. Wade. 

"I learned things this week… that are pretty basic things that I did not know about abortion. Like in Europe, the modern countries of Europe are way more restrictive than we are or what they're even proposing!" Maher exclaimed. "If you are pro-choice, you would like it a lot less in Germany, and Italy, and France, and Spain, and Switzerland. Did you know that? I didn't know that."

The Washington Post ran a fact check asserting that back in 2017; now that it is being cited (including in the draft Alito opinion) they are backpedaling and emphasizing the nuance.

https://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2022/05/abortion.html

cb050722dAPR20220507124505.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you Senator.

Tim Scott Gives Knock out Response to Biden's Treasury Secretary for Saying Abortion Helps the Job Market

During a Senate Banking Committee hearing, Scott was questioning Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, who was in the midst of testifying on Tuesday about how abortion is beneficial to the economy.

“Just for clarity’s sake, did you say that ending the life of a child is good for the labor force participation rate?” Scott asked.

Yellen gave the typical drivel about how women could better serve the economy by being able to abort pregnancies at will, making it easier to navigate the job market and live their best life. She noted that financial security was a big part of satisfaction and that children throw a wrench into the gears.

“And one aspect of a satisfying life is being able to feel that you have the financial resources to raise a child, that the children you bring into the world are wanted, and that you have the ability to take care of them,” she said.

Among those getting abortions are teenagers and women in poverty, specifically those in black communities.

“It deprives them of the ability to continue their education to later participate in the workforce,” said Yellen. “So, there is spillover into labor force participation, and it means the children will grow up in poverty and do worse themselves.”

At that point, Scott had to cut her off.

“I’ll just simply say that as a guy raised by a black woman in abject poverty, I am thankful to be here as a United States senator,” said Scott.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/05/11/tim-scott-gives-knock-out-response-to-bidens-treasury-secretary-for-saying-abortion-helps-the-job-market-n562908

• Like (+1) 2

ZE’S GOTTA HAVE IT! 

Democrats’ National Abortion Bill Replaces Word ‘Woman’ With ‘Person.’

Democrats’ latest abortion bill does not include the words “woman,” “women,” or “female.” Instead, the bill uses the word “person” to refer to those who bear and give birth to children.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/10/democrats-national-abortion-bill-replaces-word-woman-with-person/

r0GB4wn.jpg

WHEN NARRATIVES FAIL: Liberal Yale Professor:

Roe Was Bad Law and the Alito Draft Is Constitutionally Sound. 

“I am a Democrat who supports abortion rights but opposes Roe.

The Court’s ruling in the case was simply not grounded either in what the Constitution says or in the long-standing, widely embraced mores and practices of the country. Perhaps I’m wrong in thinking that, and perhaps the Dobbs draft is wrong too. But there is nothing radical, illegitimate or improperly political in what Justice Alito has written.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2022/05/16/liberal-prochoice-yale-law-professor-roe-was-bad-law-and-the-alito-draft-is-constitutionally-sound-n2607270

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, Tiberius said:

Pro-life? Fraud. Bigots will say anything 

Tibs ….let’s go over this again, I’m guessing for the one millionth time. The people are not illegal….their immigration status is. Please try to pay attention in class. 😉

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tibs ….let’s go over this again, I’m guessing for the one millionth time. The people are not illegal….their immigration status is. Please try to pay attention in class. 😉

That's what Fox called them. Part of replacement theory rhetoric 

• 4 weeks later...

Catholic bishops urge politicians to address 'alarming rate' of vandalism against churches, pregnancy centers
Attacks have become almost daily since the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion, the bishops observed

Since the leak of the draft Supreme Court opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, they observed that the attacks have become almost daily and the lives of justices have been threatened.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/catholic-bishops-urge-politicians-address-alarming-rate-vandalism-churches-pregnancy-centers

Will the SC change it's mind reversing Roe/Wade  ?  A lot of unhappy people this year for a lot of reasons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As Tom would say..............."IDIOTS"

ONE OF THE OPTIONS BEING CONSIDERED INVOLVES BIDEN DECLARING “A NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY.” 

White House Consults with Law Professors in Anticipation of Dobbs Ruling.

Following the Covid debacle with a “health emergency” that’s really about preserving abortion is a good way to make sure that “health emergencies” are ignored in the future.

And the federal government can certainly protect people’s right to interstate travel, which is an independent constitutional right that states can’t infringe.

But I don’t think that will satisfy the Democrats’ activist base.

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/06/16/white-house-consults-with-law-professors-in-anticipation-of-dobbs-ruling/

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

As Tom would say..............."IDIOTS"

ONE OF THE OPTIONS BEING CONSIDERED INVOLVES BIDEN DECLARING “A NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY.” 

White House Consults with Law Professors in Anticipation of Dobbs Ruling.

Following the Covid debacle with a “health emergency” that’s really about preserving abortion is a good way to make sure that “health emergencies” are ignored in the future.

And the federal government can certainly protect people’s right to interstate travel, which is an independent constitutional right that states can’t infringe.

But I don’t think that will satisfy the Democrats’ activist base.

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/06/16/white-house-consults-with-law-professors-in-anticipation-of-dobbs-ruling/

Shocker.  Crickets from all our fake democracy loving losers on the left.  But Ukraine!!!  January 6th!!   Democracy dies in darkness!!!  

Losers, tyrants, and thugs.  Every single one of them.  

These "options" are the kind of things they told us Trump would do.  

Reminder:  When they say this about the Constitution - they are really telling you what they think of this country 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1