Is Roe v Wade Finally At Deaths Door?

Tiberius

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It's the world they were raised in.  

Did Buddhists or pagans develop the pillars of Western Civilization?

The parade of horribles in the history of Christianity does not take away from the fact this country is here in large part due to Judeo-Christian values.  

No, you don't know history. Christianity was anti-capitalism, anti-progress and anti-science, the churches opposed democracy, supported monarchy and blessed wars of conquest. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Quote the Bible?  No.....why?  Did you read ANYTHING that I wrote.  The right to life is described an unalienable. How much clearer did you want the authors to be? They already said that they hold these truths to be self-evident.  It was there way of saying.....DUH, NO *****! 

This was written by a slaveholder, right? 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Put the alcohol down Tibs. You’re slurring your posts now. Who exactly was the slaveholder? Me? Or the founding fathers? And what does it have to do with the right to life? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Do any of the documents quote the Bible? 

No 

You just don't understand the country you live in 

You need to stop suggesting the Bible or Christianity have some special place, or other religions will demand and receive equality through challenges. Then you will have to live with Sharia Law etc. 

It's interesting to link slavery into a discussion about abortion.

Up until about 1860, slavery was considered to be a normal process.

It existed, and was viewed as acceptable for centuries.

Suddenly, we evolved our human rights consideration and viewed it as the abomination it is.

Rightly so.

Perhaps we will evolve the same way, and consider human life to be sacred from some point prior to birth.

If that happens, abortion, especially late abortion, will be viewed the same way as slavery is now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No, you don't know history. Christianity was anti-capitalism, anti-progress and anti-science, the churches opposed democracy, supported monarchy and blessed wars of conquest. 

What Church?

Apparently, you don't know your history.  

While you're googling "free will and Christianity," also search "Protestant Reformation."

And again, none of your comments refute the facts.  

The men behind the path of Liberty, freedom, and democracy grew up in a Judeo Christian culture.  

20 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It's interesting to link slavery into a discussion about abortion.

Up until about 1860, slavery was considered to be a normal process.

It existed, and was viewed as acceptable for centuries.

Suddenly, we evolved our human rights consideration and viewed it as the abomination it is.

Rightly so.

Perhaps we will evolve the same way, and consider human life to be sacred from some point prior to birth.

If that happens, abortion, especially late abortion, will be viewed the same way as slavery is now.

Close. 

The concepts of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness were always preceded by the premise that all men are created equal. But to make that work, they had to convince themselves that blacks were not fully human.  The exact same thing applies today.  In order to convince themselves that life is 'take-able' the Left has had to convince itself that the forming baby is also not fully human.  Same problem...different century.

I am literally SHOCKED that Tibs (who's extremely sensitive to the slavery issue) cannot see the connection.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You guys go with that, we will see what the people say at election time. 

Just so cynical of you people. Pretending to cry over a zygote getting aborted. Just to punish women 

To bad your mom didn’t punch the button many years ago to correct this mistake since you don’t value life at all. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So in the Vice President's view of the world....you can take your grandmother down to the basement and kill her, so long as you do it in private.  Sure...that makes sense.   How does it go again Kamala: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Privacy?  No, that's not it.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So in the Vice President's view of the world....you can take your grandmother down to the basement and kill her, so long as you do it in private.  Sure...that makes sense.   How does it go again Kamala: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Privacy?  No, that's not it.

Priorities

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It’s this viewpoint that is out of touch with ordinary Americans. 60%+ do not support abortion bans. Most normal people accept it with restrictions. We can go down rabbit hole all day on a number of issues relative to states rights, but this would in fact effectively ban abortion in a number of states. Something only a small minority cares about.

Instead we could talk more about (and actually campaign on) how life is completely unaffordable for most normal people. But no, we’ll now have to have an election cycle dominated by this conversation, something few care about. Furthermore even if this is truly the decision and abortions get banned in several states….people will still get abortions and the impact will be next to nothing.

So yes, I reiterate I don’t see how anyone but an ideologue could see this as a valuable use of SCOTUS time. A pragmatic court, I believe, would see that. A political shill court would obviously pay their toll. 

If you are truly pro life in an intense way I respect and even agree with your opinion. I viewed my son as a little guy the minute we found out, but people have different experiences all over, respect that as well and we’d be a better country.

Edited by Rockpile233

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

It’s this viewpoint that is out of touch with ordinary Americans. 60%+ do not support abortion bans. Most normal people accept it with restrictions. We can go down rabbit hole all day on a number of issues relative to states rights, but this would in fact effectively ban abortion in a number of states. Something only a small minority cares about.

Instead we could talk more about (and actually campaign on) how life is completely unaffordable for most normal people. But no, we’ll now have to have an election cycle dominated by this conversation, something few care about. Furthermore even if this is truly the decision and abortions get banned in several states….people will still get abortions and the impact will be next to nothing.

So yes, I reiterate I don’t see how anyone but an ideologue could see this as a valuable use of SCOTUS time. A pragmatic court, I believe, would see that. A political shill court would obviously pay their toll. 

Geeeez....let me catch you up here.  The Supreme Court would not be banning abortion. That's not their job. If the leaked opinion is true and correct it's an example of the Court understanding their role in American system of government and correcting their previous mistake.  You may not like it but I think we should leave it up to the Court to decide what they want to spend their time on.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geeeez....let me catch you up here.  The Supreme Court would not be banning abortion. That's not their job. If the leaked opinion is true and correct it's an example of the Court understanding their role in American system of government and correcting their previous mistake.  You may not like it but I think we should leave it up to the Court to decide what they want to spend their time on.

Geez your reading comprehension is suspect. If the trigger bills are already in place, which they are, everyone is aware of the stakes. 

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

Geez your reading comprehension is suspect. If the trigger bills are already in place, which they are, everyone is aware of the stakes. 

Geeez....there are trigger bills are both sides of the issue, depending on what State you live in!  Many, if not all, of those bills will almost surely be looked at again.  Some will survive and some will not.  You are clearly on side of access to abortion services. I'm not going to take that away from you. Make your case in whichever State you live in....or move.  It's the American process.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geeez....there are trigger bills are both sides of the issue, depending on what State you live in!  Many, if not all, of those bills will almost surely be looked at again.  Some will survive and some will not.  You are clearly on side of access to abortion services. I'm not going to take that away from you. Make your case in whichever State you live in....or move.  It's the American process.

My gripe is that we will have an election cycle dominated over something that a small minority care about, which will be blown out of proportion by the media further dividing.

But you obviously are one of those minority opinions that care deeply about abortion from a moral high ground perspective. In my circles if you are a minority opinion you follow and accept it, but we’ve had people crying about this for 50 years. Arrogance at it’s finest.

On 5/3/2022 at 1:49 PM, Rockpile233 said:

So easy for a pregnant teenager to move states for medical care. Very realistic.

It's our system.  It's not perfect but it has been the best in the world for nearly 250 years.  

On 5/3/2022 at 2:14 PM, Niagara Bill said:

Ok now we know you are anti female rights,

Stop right there.   I'm for State's Rights.  I know you're Canadian but Google's your friend.  ;) 

But it quite obvious by this statement of yours you have ZERO clue as to my stance on abortion.  Think before you type Bill. 

Edited by Chef Jim

7 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

1 hellava point SoCal, but what is the moment? Morning after, heart beat, brain development, sperm finds a home, ??

Not suggesting you have the answer but a definition between abortion and murder needs clarity.

Question.  Do you have children?

• Eyeroll 1