Is Roe v Wade Finally At Deaths Door?

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

A whole bunch of you people have been screaming that abortion is murder. Well, is it time to “save the babies”? 

I doubt it, just more GOP hypocrisy, as if they give a fig about the issue. Just something to scream about like little children. 

It is GOP hypocrisy to pay lip service. I actually agree with you. SHOCKING

But Roe v Wade being reversed would just accomplish 2 things:

1. Revert back to state rights

2. Stop the Supreme Court from making laws; which was unconstitutional from the beginning. Only the Congress shall write law

I know legality and following the law is not what liberals want, they want ruling from the bench instead of congressional based laws. But don't worry, you want the rule of law. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

2. Stop the Supreme Court from making laws; which was unconstitutional from the beginning. Only the Congress shall write law

I know legality and following the law is not what liberals want, they want ruling from the bench instead of congressional based laws. But don't worry, you want the rule of law. 

It would also hand the Democrats a big issue to run on in every single state. Abortion rights are very popular and Conservatives would see this turn on them pretty quickly. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It would also hand the Democrats a big issue to run on in every single state. Abortion rights are very popular and Conservatives would see this turn on them pretty quickly. 

Most people are low info voters. The people that any party should care about is the middle. Here turning abortion into a state rights issues isn't that big of a deal. 

I honestly thought Trump would lose without BLM riots, but this plays to his base more than the Dems. Rallying the base for dems means more votes in NYC and LA, but they won that anyways. 

The question is swing states and if Trump's economy is doing ok on election day he's proven more to the rust belt than the dems for jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

Most people are low info voters. The people that any party should care about is the middle. Here turning abortion into a state rights issues isn't that big of a deal. 

I honestly thought Trump would lose without BLM riots, but this plays to his base more than the Dems. Rallying the base for dems means more votes in NYC and LA, but they won that anyways. 

The question is swing states and if Trump's economy is doing ok on election day he's proven more to the rust belt than the dems for jobs.

Oh no, BLM is energizing voters everywhere for Dems. Trump is way behind in Wisconsin, the heart of the protests. The abortion issue at the state level will mean the people will choose between pro-choice politicians and religious zealots. That’s a battle I think Dems win easily in most states. 

RBGs death is energizing women, obviously, as if they were not energized already. The majority of the people in this country are against Trump. 

30 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

I agree, personally I am neither for or against roe vs wade.

That said, I'm still utterly mystified at this almost religious fervor regarding

maintaining the right to abort fetuses.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, BLM is energizing voters everywhere for Dems. Trump is way behind in Wisconsin, the heart of the protests. The abortion issue at the state level will mean the people will choose between pro-choice politicians and religious zealots. That’s a battle I think Dems win easily in most states. 

RBGs death is energizing women, obviously, as if they were not energized already. The majority of the people in this country are against Trump. 

Trump struggles in polls, he was losing the entire time to Hillary. He's up in Rasmussen. The middle sees the chaos and is going against Biden. 

Dems are energized because everything for them is religious zealotry about their beliefs. ABORTION!!!! RAGE!!! GINSBERG!!!! RAGE!!!

And yet they hate the institutional religious people who quietly and politely say their political views. They freak out over the old people praying in front of a Planned Parenthood and even physically attack them, let alone scream at them, but somehow they don't see their views are far more zealous and religious than anyone they oppose. I mean when was the last time an old morally conservative person attacked a young person for being in killing a fetus, punched them, threw rocks at them, or cursed them out?  

It's pretty comical. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

A whole bunch of you people have been screaming that abortion is murder. Well, is it time to “save the babies”? 

I doubt it, just more GOP hypocrisy, as if they give a fig about the issue. Just something to scream about like little children. 

you're delusional.

who screams about like little children? 😄

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

How many abortions do you think Trump has funded?

well, your here. so, there's that.

Edited by Foxx

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Fu, can’t you even post once without lying? You respond to me like I’m calling a dog. 

Try telling the truth sometime. I know, you are a good little Nazi, so the truth is anathema to you. 

Didnt read what what you wrote because you started with an obvious lie.

So, you have the ability to tell me that I'm lying when I say that I normally despise responding to you? Then when you can't argue with the rest of my post you claim that you won't read it because I lied to you about despising responding to you. Now that's a great example of circular reasoning. 

Two Items I have opinions on relative to the Supreme Court:

1. Judges should retire at 70. Nobody is going to convince me RBG was a judge of sound mind at 87 *and* battling cancer.

2. No Supreme Court should overturn a previous Supreme Court's decision. That's a Pandora's box.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

1. Judges should retire at 70. Nobody is going to convince me RBG was a judge of sound mind at 87 *and* battling cancer.

2. No Supreme Court should overturn a previous Supreme Court's decision. That's a Pandora's box.

A friend of mine was forced to retire at 70 this year.  He was the Chief Justice of the NH Supreme Court.  No thanks.  Its a bad idea.  A highly intelligent and sharp healthy individual that just won the Republican primary for State Representative.  Solid conservative.

Age is not necessarily a problem.  Health (mental and physical is) and there are ways of dealing with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Even Plessy v Ferguson?

21 hours ago, BillsToast said:

If you're so concerned about legality and following the law, perhaps you should complain about the recent Janus decision and Trump's unconstitutional border wall funding scheme.  

20 hours ago, Foxx said:

you're delusional.

who screams about like little children? 😄

well, your here. so, there's that.

Hoaxx. 

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If you're so concerned about legality and following the law, perhaps you should complain about the recent Janus decision and Trump's unconstitutional border wall funding scheme.  

Hoaxx. 

How is the Janus decision unconstitutional?

Seems like the SCOTUS had an opportunity to shoot down Trump's funding "scheme" for border security and fortuitous preemption of allowing virus infected people into our country but declined to do so. Sounds like that is part of the President's job description and you, as a vocal critic of Trump's handling of the virus should recognize his foresight and brilliance to prepare so well for our security and safety. The aforementioned assumes that you would look at things in an open and honest manner and not allow your partisan bias to creep into the equation. 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

2? 5? 10?  I don’t know.  What do you think?

One would think that the more the merrier for a baby murderer like BillSlime. 

22 hours ago, BillsToast said:

number two is very false