Why I Love Watching Josh Allen play

LB48

1 hour ago, Augie said:

He will do ANYTHING trying to win. 

It’s also one of the things he needs to rein in. 

As long as the reining in is organic. The one thing we can be certain of on EVERY snap Allen takes is that he will compete his balls off until the whistle. Every. Play. I just don’t want a coach to get in his ear to the point where Josh starts losing that edge. The old “no negative plays” mantra has ruined too many QBs. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Favresque

Agree 100%

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As long as the reining in is organic. The one thing we can be certain of on EVERY snap Allen takes is that he will compete his balls off until the whistle. Every. Play. I just don’t want a coach to get in his ear to the point where Josh starts losing that edge. The old “no negative plays” mantra has ruined too many QBs. 

Great comment & observation!

• Like (+1) 1

Seems like a genuinely good person both on and off the field, and makes it easy to feel proud that he’s the face of our program—armed with off the charts intangibles and crazy physical tools, will he be the new and improved Kelly of the current Bills iteration? I say with full optimism yes, certainly more so than any of the wretchedly ignominious hall of forgettable non-heroes we’ve trotted out since Kelly imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Everybody I talk to that is not a Bills fan is always saying how exciting Josh is to watch.  I think that carries more weight than just us saying it. 

this

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

100%...only thing the coaches should be teaching him is to protect his body.  We simply cannot afford an injury to him.   Our backup position is quite shaky as evidence in the season finale last year,

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Allen's most boring uninspiring stretch as a Bill came after the first New England game last year when I think he had been encouraged to be more cautious. It reached its nadir in Cleveland when he would barely let the ball go he was so scared of a mistake. If you remember after that was the week McDermott called him in and had the "play fearless" conversation and I just hope the Bills coaches have learned now that you have to give the kid encouragement to be himself. I think generally the Bills have done a good job developing Allen but those few weeks last year they did get a bit conservative with it. 

• Like (+1) 7

Agree and after Thursday night I will add this:

The NFL is full of exciting young QBs for the first time in my lifetime.  For decades there were only 3-6 truly special QBs in the league at any given time.  Now we’ve got:

Mahomes

Watson

Allen

Baker

Burrow

Murray

Lamar J

Dak

Wentz

Plus older but no less exciting QBs:

Rogers

Wilson

Cam

Stafford

Ryan

And the old but still very capable:

Brady

Brees

Big Ben

Rivers

That’s like 2/3 of the league with good QB play and then you’ve got competent starters like Tannehill, Fitz, Darnold (maybe), Jimmy G., Cousins, etc.

The NFL is super fun to watch right now and it’s because we may be witnessing the Golden Age of Quarterbacking.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LB48 said:

He's unpredictable.  He's not boring. He is flawed.

He can make mistakes and then follow-up with great plays.  Josh isn't perfect but that's part of his persona.  A big man with great skills throwing or running the ball.  Every play is a thrill  for better or worse! 

An NFL game can be pretty static or predictable.  Josh changes that dynamic and I'm very happy to watch him as the Bills QB.

Truth!  I love that SH#$...

So much better then watching and screaming at TV to broken Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1

Love the fact that you can see Josh’s passion on almost every play. He kind of wears his emotions on his sleeve and it reminds me of Kelly. Whenever either 1 gets/got a big hit, they pop right back up with more motivation & it just pumps him & the teammates around him up more. 

Go Josh & Go Bills!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s really everything we could ask for athletically.  Big, strong, fast, cannon, agile, untackleable (new word).  And that arm.  He’s got spunk.  He loves the city.  He loves the fans. He’s a QB that mauls people and can dance cool.   Did I mention that arm?  I don’t care if he throws a pick if he’s trying to thread a crazy pass.  I love that he’s confident enough in his arm to try it.  Sure, it may lead to a loss, so be it.  He’s my quarterback!!  

But he never dominated in college!  How can he ever be a good pro?

Sincerely,

Ham Biscuit

• Haha (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Josh Allen is very good 70% of the time, elite 20% of the time, and ‘WTF WERE YOU THINKING’ 10% of the time. 

He may be a knucklehead for 10% of the snaps — but he’s our knucklehead! 

I remember Kelly starting a game off with 2 early interceptions and even starting a game down double digits in the first quarter, you knew he would bounce back. Josh has the potential, with the weapons around him now, to do the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I remember Kelly starting a game off with 2 early interceptions and even starting a game down double digits in the first quarter, you knew he would bounce back. Josh has the potential, with the weapons around him now, to do the same thing. 

I remember a Monday nighter against Cincinnati when he threw three picks in the first half, then threw five TDs in a rout.

Josh is that kind of QB as well, I think.