Why I Love Watching Josh Allen play

LB48

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

Why can't people just express their feelings on here and not have nasty comments.

You can express your feelings in any number of threads related to Josh Allen and his performance. You are not violating any policies or guidelines. 

Yet, starting threads instead of contributing to others on the same subject will attract unwanted comments. The board prefers having fewer threads so a quick search of the topics prior to starting your own is preferable.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I remember Kelly starting a game off with 2 early interceptions and even starting a game down double digits in the first quarter, you knew he would bounce back. Josh has the potential, with the weapons around him now, to do the same thing. 

I don’t know if Josh will ever be top-5 in the league....but Josh is top-10, and we can win a super bow with that. I agree completely. 

im 36...all I can really remember from the Kelly years is I was always confident we were going to win, and I cried 4 February’s in a row. 

I’m a big fan of watching Allen play. He’s like the antithesis of watching Tuhrod.

He’s just fun out there. He wants to make things happen and he doesn’t shy away from difficult throws. 

Also, he likes using his biggest weapons instead of using them as decoys. It’s the way football is meant to be played. Yes, you’ll make mistakes, but you’ll also make the game fun and interesting to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agree and after Thursday night I will add this:

The NFL is full of exciting young QBs for the first time in my lifetime.  For decades there were only 3-6 truly special QBs in the league at any given time.  Now we’ve got:

Mahomes

Watson

Allen

Baker

Burrow

Murray

Lamar J

Dak

Wentz

Plus older but no less exciting QBs:

Rogers

Wilson

Cam

Stafford

Ryan

And the old but still very capable:

Brady

Brees

Big Ben

Rivers

That’s like 2/3 of the league with good QB play and then you’ve got competent starters like Tannehill, Fitz, Darnold (maybe), Jimmy G., Cousins, etc.

The NFL is super fun to watch right now and it’s because we may be witnessing the Golden Age of Quarterbacking.

Agree. The young guys from 2016, 2017, 2018 plus Murray and Burrow have changed things a lot. Wait to see on Haskins and Tua and Herbert. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The NFL is super fun to watch right now and it’s because we may be witnessing the Golden Age of Quarterbacking.

Part of this is the NFL has finally pulled itself out of the dinosaur age. For years they were trying to take college spread QBs and put them into boring NFL offenses. Imagine Lamar Jackson in Peyton Manning's offense. It's no wonder QBs didn't develop. When the NFL changed the rules to make passing easier a few years ago, coaches finally starting putting college spread concepts into their offenses and suddenly QBs are developing faster. I think Russell Wilson made the NFL realize their old school thinking was wrong. The most exciting young QBs right now are elite athletes because the NFL has adapted to let them play the position their own way.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Part of this is the NFL has finally pulled itself out of the dinosaur age. For years they were trying to take college spread QBs and put them into boring NFL offenses. Imagine Lamar Jackson in Peyton Manning's offense. It's no wonder QBs didn't develop. When the NFL changed the rules to make passing easier a few years ago, coaches finally starting putting college spread concepts into their offenses and suddenly QBs are developing faster. I think Russell Wilson made the NFL realize their old school thinking was wrong. The most exciting young QBs right now are elite athletes because the NFL has adapted to let them play the position their own way.

Great point.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not sure it's an improvement.

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

As long as the reining in is organic. The one thing we can be certain of on EVERY snap Allen takes is that he will compete his balls off until the whistle. Every. Play. I just don’t want a coach to get in his ear to the point where Josh starts losing that edge. The old “no negative plays” mantra has ruined too many QBs. 

I think thats what we saw in the long ball last year.  Overthrowing to avoid the INT.  Hopefully the presence of Diggs changes that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

In some ways, Allen reminds me of Favre. Like favre, Allen is a guy who simply loves playing the game, and it shows.

Favre is absolutely the right comparison.

Not only does Allen play the game with all the fun and love of a kid in the sandlot like Favre did, he’s also the new master of the “oh no, oh no....yes!!!” Play.

Like Favre, he makes plays that wow you and that few others could make. Also, like Favre, he makes head scratching and costly errors.

I suspect we’ll always have to take the good with the bad when it comes to Allen. After all, Hall of Famer Brett Favre has the NFL record for most interceptions thrown, too.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1