RIP Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, dead at 87

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

RIP

(p.s.  this is gonna be ugly)

Hopefully this can be more about remembering the person and her contributions and PPP can be for the fight to replace her, which I understand 7 weeks before a contentious election is going to be ... something. But, her family deserves some time before that all takes off imo

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This is incredibly stunning and sad news.  She was my hero!  Such a stalwart champion for equality in this country.  The movie "On the Basis of Sex" captured her early life and career when she argued a gender discrimination tax case.  The plaintiff was a male bachelor who wasn't allowed to take a tax deduction for care-giver expenses because he was a single man.  Her career had so many roadblocks because of her gender.  She channeled her energy and efforts to insuring fairness for all regardless of gender.  A huge loss to our justice system.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, snafu said:

Awful and surprising news, even knowing that she was ill. Rest In Peace Justice Ginsburg.

Not  surprising. Not being morbid, just a realist.  I'm surprised she hung on this long with the pancreatic cancer and other problems.  I said last year she should have retired and spent the tike she had left with her loved ones.

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Not  surprising. Not being morbid, just a realist.  I'm surprised she hung on this long with the pancreatic cancer and other problems.  I said last year she should have retired and spent the tike she had left with her loved ones.

I get it, but when I found out my jaw still dropped.