Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Possible Milano Replacement

H2o

I don't know how many of you watch ND football, but this guy is the next player from the Irish who could be really good, if not great, in the NFL. Right now they have him ranked anywhere between Mid 1st Round to Mid 2nd Round on most of the sites I've seen.. The young man is gonna be a beast. He plays what is called the "Rover" position at ND, but he would fit perfect into our scheme taking Milano's spot if he is to leave. He filled up the stat sheet last year with 80 tkl, 13.5 tfl, 5.5 sk, 2 ff, 2 fr, and 4 pd. He came firing out of the gate against Duke last weekend with 6 tkl, 2 tfl, 1 sk, and 1 ff. Last year he was between 205lb-210lb. This year he is coming in around 220lb. Watch him last year below.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, H2o said:

I don't know how many of you watch ND football, but this guy is the next player from the Irish who could be really good, if not great, in the NFL. Right now they have him ranked anywhere between Mid 1st Round to Mid 2nd Round on most of the sites I've seen.. The young man is gonna be a beast. He plays what is called the "Rover" position at ND, but he would fit perfect into our scheme taking Milano's spot if he is to leave. He filled up the stat sheet last year with 80 tkl, 13.5 tfl, 5.5 sk, 2 ff, 2 fr, and 4 pd. He came firing out of the gate against Duke last weekend with 6 tkl, 2 tfl, 1 sk, and 1 ff. Last year he was between 205lb-210lb. This year he is coming in around 220lb. Watch him last year below.

Could be. I think it’s either LB or OL in RD1.

Wayyyyyy to early to be discussing Milano replacements!

• Like (+1) 1

Love watching him play.  Idk if he could be a full time in the box player.  He makes some nice hits but I don’t know if he can hold up in the box as a 3 down Lb unless he adds substantially more strength, which is possible for sure.  He’s a demon in coverage.  Seems like the ideal big nickel imo

On 10/1/2020 at 5:31 AM, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I don't see why they can't resign Milano.  He brings a unique set of skills, and thus far I'd be more interested in resigning Milano than Edmunds.

Depends how much $ he wants and if he can stay healthy. I’m sure they could make it happen, but at what expense.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:35 PM, JohnNord said:

Wayyyyyy to early to be discussing Milano replacements!

Not really. I'm keeping my eye on a bunch of OLB's this year to see who would fit our scheme because Milano leaving is a very real possibility.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:31 AM, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I don't see why they can't resign Milano.  He brings a unique set of skills, and thus far I'd be more interested in resigning Milano than Edmunds.

The biggest thing is going to be $$$. Unless Milano takes a hometown discount then he won't be here. We are facing a decreased salary cap due to Covid and have to plan accordingly. $12,000,000-$14,000,000 for Milano is not in the cards I don't believe.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:26 PM, NewEra said:

Love watching him play.  Idk if he could be a full time in the box player.  He makes some nice hits but I don’t know if he can hold up in the box as a 3 down Lb unless he adds substantially more strength, which is possible for sure.  He’s a demon in coverage.  Seems like the ideal big nickel imo

Depends how much $ he wants and if he can stay healthy. I’m sure they could make it happen, but at what expense.

It's only a small sample size this season, 2 games with the Wake game being PP, but he looks stronger without having lost any speed after putting on about 15lbs in the offseason. I want to see how he does against Louisville, BC, Pitt, UNC, and Clemson though. It's a tough schedule this year for the Irish playing that ACC slate and some pretty solid rushing attacks on deck. Milano is only listed at 221lbs and at this point JOK is listed at 216lbs, though they say he is 220lbs. One thing I have noticed about JOK is he plays with solid gap integrity, has instincts that you can't teach, and doesn't get caught up in the wash. In coverage? You said it, the guy is outstanding in coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

Decent player but I'll take Micah Parsons over him and move Edmunds to Milanos old spot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.