Should Bills hire kicking coach/consultant? SI Article

On Sunday it looked to me like Bass simply didn’t account enough for the L-to-R wind in the direction of his two (one) missed kicks.  I’ll give the guy a pass for his first live game action in the NFL and say he’s going to correct that.  He was, after all, essentially 6-for-7 on a very windy day.

21 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why do we need to hire a kicking coach when the ref missed the call? 

The kick was lousy regardless.  And so were his 3 other FG attempts.  The kid was kicking off the inside of his foot pushing everything.  Hopefully he figured out the problem this week.  Otherwise he may not be coming back on the team flite from Miami after the game.   

19 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

The kick was lousy regardless.  And so were his 3 other FG attempts.  The kid was kicking off the inside of his foot pushing everything.  Hopefully he figured out the problem this week.  Otherwise he may not be coming back on the team flite from Miami after the game.   

Team flite? Not sure you know what that word means but flite is a synonym for quarrel.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:45 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why do we need to hire a kicking coach when the ref missed the call? 

My argument is to preserve and maximize the Rooks potential. 

His kicks are all hammered a bit right. Even, if but for a shirt time, it can help. 

Then again, if it ain't broke...

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

My argument is to preserve and maximize the Rooks potential. 

His kicks are all hammered a bit right. Even, if but for a shirt time, it can help. 

Then again, if it ain't broke...

Looked to me like he was just kicking a little bit of a draw. Maybe he feels more comfortable that way. Hopefully he will be consistent with it. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:10 PM, vtnatefootball11 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/18/nfl-kicking-coaches-50000-dollar-fix

I did not take the article seriously at first but it actually makes a lot of sense, especially for the Bills with Bass being a rookie.  Apparently, only 4-5 teams in the NFL have a designated kicking coach or consultant.  The point of the article is that unlike any other position, if kickers/punters have a bad kick, there is no one on the staff that they can actually sit down with in game and intimately discuss mechanics/techniques, what may be off and help get their head right.  Special teams coordinators typically don't have a kicking background.   Could be helpful for the Bills. Thoughts?

Wow  I’m actually surprised to hear that , I would have thought that every NFL team has a coach especially when you have a rookie kicker , or when you need that  on site kick , every game is so close that a kick can win or lose a game for you 

Edited by Putin

14 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Looked to me like he was just kicking a little bit of a draw. Maybe he feels more comfortable that way. Hopefully he will be consistent with it. 

I thought he was pushing it a bit, however, "draw" may be the correct term. Ultimately, I think the power in his kicks cause it to appear that way, and it is just how he kicks. A kicking coach may help control the power. Who knows?

I'm impressed, with the power, regardless. Just appears like it may be a bit wild, for now.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, Limeaid said:

Team flite? Not sure you know what that word means but flite is a synonym for quarrel.

Seriously why did you feel the need to tell me that?  I bet you were one of those nerds in high school who got a swirley in the toilet.  I spell words in a way that looks better.  Just like Thru versus Through.

I seriously can not stand this message board.  Between the nonsense about Covid and Social Justice on here for the past 3-6 months, and BS from clowns like you, I am done!!

This place used to be about football football football.  Don't know what happened.  But it has become unreadable.  I would rather spend my free time on an online gambling site then this nonsense.  Wow it is painful to read.  (Other then Yolo, GunnerBill and a few others just not worth the Paup's time)  Bam.

Just now, Paup 1995MVP said:

I seriously can not stand this message board.  Between the nonsense about Covid and Social Justice on here for the past 3-6 months, and BS from clowns like you, I am done!!

I got a varsity letter in Football and was officer in varsity club just showing you know little in multiple subjects.

Too bad the mods here do not ban the whiners "I am done".  I am sure you will post again and whine again.