Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

48 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think if Fitz is going to cut this team up it is going to be in the short and mid-range game. And with Milano and Edumonds out I could see Klein (who is a better run defender than a pass defender) being picked on in the short range game. Fitz did have some success passing last year too. I just wouldn't get too confident about this game, yes I expect the Bills to win even with Milano and Edumonds out but this isn't going to be an easy win especially with the two LB's out.

If I had to predict the score I would say 31-21 Bills but the Bills are only up one score late. It just seems like one of those trap type games where the injuries to the LB corps can be exploited by the Fins in the passing game. 

Nah Fitz has never been good against top 10 defenses. This team is still easily top 10 without those two.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Dodson is fast. He will have to play Milano's role I imagine. Klein will play more traditional mike and they will play a lot of nickel with Siran in as a bigger guy rather than Taron. 

That is what I expect anyway.

That’s what I would do but it doesn’t sound like it’s the plan. Sal made it sound more like Klein will be playing Milanos role. Which I absolutely would not be in favor of. I would let Klein play MLB and be the QB of the defense. He really can’t run. I don’t need him put in space getting exposed. He got lucky on the play where Bell got hurt because he was beat, badly 

32 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Whether it’s pass, run or triple option, in no way, shape or form are Dodson or Klein in the same league as Milano and Edmunds. Don’t fool yourself, Dodson and Klein are a sharp drop off and Fitz or Chan Gailey can take them apart. Bills may need 30 points to win. 

No they cant, Fitz cant beat top 10 defenses. Bills will probably score more than 30 but it will not be close. Hell we might even see Tua :)

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I like Ed Oliver to be the elite guy on the D-line, I think he will be a Pro-Bowl player this year and down the line a possible All-Pro. But I do agree that the line is more so comprised of Average players in depth roles and moderately above average players starting.

I am a huge Ed O fan but he isn't close to elite yet. I don't think he makes the pro bowl this year necessarily either but if he does he is a year ahead of schedule.

LB is def #1 need after this year. Would love to see them draft a first round MLB and move tre outside. And let Milano walk. Need to improve depth also. 

Other than that a stud TE would be nice. Maybe #2 CB. And allen needs to keep progressing. 

It's amazing how few holes this team has. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This comment from Lorax today makes me think Dodson at MLB

Fair enough. I'd go the other way.

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s what I would do but it doesn’t sound like it’s the plan. Sal made it sound more like Klein will be playing Milanos role. Which I absolutely would not be in favor of. I would let Klein play MLB and be the QB of the defense. He really can’t run. I don’t need him put in space getting exposed. He got lucky on the play where Bell got hurt because he was beat, badly 

Agree with you.

We should be daring them to run anyway. 

5 and 6 DBs all game.  Make them beat you on the ground.

If we were going up against a team like the Browns we'd be in trouble.  Covering elite RBs is a problem for anyone let alone down 2 LBs.  

Down 2 starters or not please don't make Breida and Gaskin look like Chubb and Hunt.  

It’s time for our offense to win some games for us , if we can’t go to Miami and DOMINATE a game like this just  because both of our starting LB’s are out then maybe we are just not as good as we think we are , 

I have full confidence that this game will NOT be even close and will be out of reach by 4th Q 

GO Bills !!!

11 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

OK offense, go score 35 and get out of there.  

This ^^^^^ 

it feels like our D is like a big brother to our offense always looking after / protecting them , ITS TIME for our offense to put their big boy pants on and take care of business 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Whether it’s pass, run or triple option, in no way, shape or form are Dodson or Klein in the same league as Milano and Edmunds. Don’t fool yourself, Dodson and Klein are a sharp drop off and Fitz or Chan Gailey can take them apart. Bills may need 30 points to win. 

Not saying they are better - saying I think both guys are better against the run than the pass and with the injured WR - I think the Bills can use them to slow down the run and allow Marlowe and Neal to play against the pass.

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

It’s time for our offense to win some games for us , if we can’t go to Miami and DOMINATE a game like this just  because both of our starting LB’s are out then maybe we are just not as good as we think we are , 

I have full confidence that this game will NOT be even close and will be out of reach by 4th Q 

GO Bills !!!

This ^^^^^ 

it feels like our D is like a big brother to our offense always looking after / protecting them , ITS TIME for our offense to put their big boy pants on and take care of business 

Totally agree. Allen and the Bills should be putting up a ton of points Sunday. Zero excuses with the amount of weapons they have on offense to lose the game because they’re missing 2 linebackers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1