Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

On 9/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, AirAllenPower said:

Klein started for kuechly in the 2015 Panthers super bowl season. He started 6 games 

Dodson was an all star at a&m

Andre Smith is talented 

I hope you’re right in assuming these guys can step in, the only one at all proven at this level is Klein, and 5 years ago is ancient history in football.

My point was this team has had some issues with power runners between the tackles when they had Star in the middle and Edmunds/Milano both healthy.  Im not rooting for it to happen, but I definitely could see Howard going for a good chunk of yards with a couple TDs.  

Just last year against this team Howard went for 96 yards and a touchdown, while Miles Sanders chipped in 74 and another TD in an ugly loss to the Iggles. 

I think we commit to stopping the run and play big in the front. Start Butler, Jefferson and Oliver with Hughes and Addison on the ends. Big Nickel packages and keep everything in front of you. Make Fitz drive the length of the field in small increments, give him opportunities to make mistakes. Scoring on them shouldn't be difficult. We just need to stop them early and force them to play catch up.

• Like (+1) 1

This game has gotten slightly more interesting for me, if that is the right word. Before Milano and Edmunds went down I was looking at this as no win situation. The Bills should beat Miami and beat them pretty soundly, in similar fashion to last week with the Jets. This sort of ‘handicapping’ (to use a golf term), makes the game more even. As other have pointed out with Covid, we could see something similar to another position group. 
Fitz will take advantage of Milano and Edmunds being out. We just need Fitz to be Fitz a play or two. This is what ultimately did the Fish in last year at Buffalo when Milano was out. Hopeful for a Bills win, still expecting it, but It will be a close game.

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I was saying... and you responded waaaaaaayy too early lol

Dolphins put up 28 points  . . . the LBs got shredded time and again. In other words, you were very wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Fitz magic showed up today. But I think Milano and Edmunds would of helped little bit

And by a "little bit" you mean "a lot."

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Stop dude, you already lost.

"Lost?"  You insisted the starters would not be missed and the Dolphins had no chance.  You were told repeatedly that was wrong, Fitz would abuse the backups and the Bills would need 30 to win. All those things happened. Learn how to take the L. 

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

"Lost?"  You insisted the starters would not be missed and the Dolphins had no chance.  You were told repeatedly that was wrong, Fitz would abuse the backups and the Bills would need 30 to win. All those things happened. Learn how to take the L. 

Sorry you lost, just give it up. You posted too early and now I can laugh at it, the game wasnt ever close. Josh beasted the Miami defense and Fitz once again cannot beat a top 10 defense.

Done responding to you good luck getting on with life.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think Dodson played great.  I wonder how much Edmunds and Milano being out put Marlow and Wallace on the Gesicki, or if that would have been the coverage anyways.  

Klein came off the field a lot on 3rd down passing plays. 

I really blame the soft cushion they gave the receivers.  I do think the loss of Edmunds as a captain hurt in regards to calling out play adjustments.  The Dolphins tore us up on motion plays

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Sorry you lost, just give it up. You posted too early and now I can laugh at it, the game wasnt ever close. Josh beasted the Miami defense and Fitz once again cannot beat a top 10 defense.

Done responding to you good luck getting on with life.

A top 10 defense does not give up the yards, the points nor get zero TOs from Fitz.  

This defense has consistently underperformed when Milano has been absent.  

Edited by GG