Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fitz is an inspirational player and at his best on short crossing routes. We’re exposed here this week, in a big way. I’m convinced it will take a rare back to back great performance by Josh Allen to leave south Florida with a win. 

I fear it’s not gonna happen..

The Bills will win pretty easy actually, nothing to fear here. You heard it here first!

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is what I was thinking yesterday as well. The linebackers for the pats were a huge part of their defense last year. They lost their top 4 via free agency and opt outs. Plugged in some no names and just stifled the fins for 11 pts. 

I’m confident in Frazier, Mcd, and the pieces surrounding our LB’s.... also aren’t the fins down Roberts this week? Would that be enough to say an already bad run D just got even worse? Wasn’t he a thumper up in NE last year? 

Roberts is a loss because he’s their MLB. Jerome Baker is a fast guy who is often caught out of position. He can cover but lacks discipline. The thing that really hurt their D last week was that two of their FA signing whose strength were supposed to be setting the edge performed poorly in that area - Lawson and Van noy 

Edited by YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Roberts is a loss because he’s their MLB. Jerome Baker is a fast guy who is often caught out of position. He can cover but lacks discipline. The thing that really hurt their D last week was that two of their FA signing whose strength were supposed to be setting the edge performed poorly in that area - Lawson and Van noy 

Yep and there is talk with Roberts out - they may move Van Noy to MLB for the week (1st time in his career) to try and spy and have someone making calls with familiarity.

I think it may work to free up the edges a bit more.

27 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yep and there is talk with Roberts out - they may move Van Noy to MLB for the week (1st time in his career) to try and spy and have someone making calls with familiarity.

I think it may work to free up the edges a bit more.

Josh Allen has destroyed spies in the past 

25 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

We should find out today if either of these are long term.  If they're going on IR it is going to happen today.

I dont think they would have had Edmunds out stretching even though he was in a red non-contact jersey if they were even considering to IR him. I don't know about Milano though. Just my two cents.

22 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I don't have faith that Daboll will dial up a 35pt game

If he stops overthinking things with the misdirection running plays where Josh hands off to the RB while they are standing still instead of moving towards the line of scrimmage we should be fine.  That worked horribly against the Jets.  I do not like running with the QB in shotgun.  The RB is always getting the handoff flat footed, and it allows the Defense to have all the momentum rushing into the backfield.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2020 at 8:45 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Per Sean McDermott on WGR just now. Edmunds a bit of a surprise to be scratched before gametime after practicing on a limited basis this week.

It wouldn't surprise me if they put him out at practice on a limited basis in part to influence Chan's game planning.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is a game where having better than average (IMO) backups who have live game experience will help.

I wonder if Isaiah McKenzie will help on defense. He said once he'd help wherever needed.

Ha!  Zay did wind up playing corner in the Jets game, didn't he?

I'm actually using that game to take heart from.  What I took from it was that our backup D was able to smother the Jets starting offense through most of the game.  Our backup offense was not in the same league and played about like the Jets starting offense.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fitz is an inspirational player and at his best on short crossing routes. We’re exposed here this week, in a big way. I’m convinced it will take a rare back to back great performance by Josh Allen to leave south Florida with a win. 

I fear it’s not gonna happen..

Fear not, we will prevail,  Fitz will be trying all to hard to compensate for the week one loss, he faces a must win game and he is bound to pooch this game as he prone to do. We got this, our coaches are good our players are good. We take care of business and we get the win. 👍

Go Bills!!!

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ha!  Zay did wind up playing corner in the Jets game, didn't he?

I'm actually using that game to take heart from.  What I took from it was that our backup D was able to smother the Jets starting offense through most of the game.  Our backup offense was not in the same league and played about like the Jets starting offense.

Hate that nickname 'Zay",  reminds me too much of Zay Jones who was a mistake from the start.

It used to be that football players were not so specialized and would just play football.  Heck a Bills LB was also a punter.

As game changed players who could play both sides of the line were called "ironmen".

McKenzie definitely has defense skills and could be used like Nickell Robey-Coleman being hidden in defense with two very good defense coaches.

23 hours ago, TBBills said:

Nah Fitz has never been good against top 10 defenses. This team is still easily top 10 without those two.

Last year with a less talented support system Fitz did have some success against the defense. So I am not too sure he can't get some points. 

23 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a huge Ed O fan but he isn't close to elite yet. I don't think he makes the pro bowl this year necessarily either but if he does he is a year ahead of schedule.

I agree he isn't elite yet, but I think he plays "good" the first half of the season and then turns it up to a Pro-Bowl level to end the back half of the season. I think it will resemble Edumonds last year where he was nice to begin the season but turned it on later on. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Last year with a less talented support system Fitz did have some success against the defense. So I am not too sure he can't get some points. 

I expect he will.
Hard to confuse Fitz with defenses. Pretty sharp cookie
so we have to pressure the snot out of his Line and him and force the errors.
On any given Sunday. This is one of those.
 see what the 1st half looks like and what Miami can bring with their  defense will be more important than what Miami might do on Offense imho

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1