Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

9 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I'll be disappointed if we can't manage for this game at the very least, but next week vs Goff/McVay's quick pass game - I'm hoping for at least one of our guys to be back , as it will be much needed

This is what I think coach is thinking to keep them out against a less of a team and don’t take the chance of them being out next week. If we can’t beat Miami with just two starting linebackers out then we’re in more trouble then I knew

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Smart to not rush them.  Long season for key players.  Don't make what appears to be relatively minor injuries into chronic, nagging, season-long problems.  Glad its the Fish.  No guarantee we win, but it is the right decision to sit them if they are not 100% or darn close.

Agree, if you rush them back and they aggravate the injury worse than it was then they could be out much longer

It seems like every time the Bills leave themselves thin at a position ,they have multiple injuries . .

throughout the league there are a lot of hamstring injuries so far . A result of no preseason games ?

also we didn’t get a chance to evaluate anybody’s talent or the other 10 individuals we usually bring 

to training camp.This all makes it tougher to get replacements . Beane does a great job .

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I expect Buffalo to activate Andre Smith and Deon Lacey from the PS.  They'll probably have even more nickel packages than usual.

Good point.  I liked the Lacey resigning.  He can run a bit, no?

Actually, found this on Lacey from a 2018 article:

Speed is Lacey's asset. He ran between 4.45 and 4.51 in the 40-yard dash in 2013 coming out of Division II West Alabama, where he played mostly as a 215-pound defensive end. Now he's 229 pounds.

9 hours ago, beavis said:

2 games ago: Crushing failure to tackle in a playoff OT loss.
1 game ago: Hurt themselves.
This game: Out with an injury which could be treated with Tylenol.

No cause for the pity party. I wish them success and hope they turn this disaster around. Foolish not to start scouting LBs. Please find a playmaker.

On his age, they do not score points on a curve. Win now league, no projects. Outside of coach and QB, which are once in a decade opportunities, everyone else is a dime a dozen in the NFL. Don't crash the space launch because you went cheap on the o-rings.

Who went cheap on the onion rings? That is unforgivebale. I wanna fire that guy's ass!!

19 hours ago, beavis said:

DeShaun Watson broke Milano's tackle in playoff OT. Edmunds has been weak all career and scares no one. He gave up the 3rd and 18 that same drive. Now they are both out Week 1 with a torn butt and a bruised shoulder and can't find it in themselves to go to work Week 2. They still take their million dollar salary. Good riddance. Who cares how tall you are, or how much you overachieve if you are bad on the field, loose and worst of all not even show up.

So funny 👍🏻 But you could tell how Edmunds arm never locks and just bounces off without bending on the Jets TD last week something happened. N I know you’re just being humorous but we do need both the LBs who made 2020 top 25 LBs

Fitz is an inspirational player and at his best on short crossing routes. We’re exposed here this week, in a big way. I’m convinced it will take a rare back to back great performance by Josh Allen to leave south Florida with a win. 

I fear it’s not gonna happen..

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fitz is an inspirational player and at his best on short crossing routes. We’re exposed here this week, in a big way. I’m convinced it will take a rare back to back great performance by Josh Allen to leave south Florida with a win. 

Last week he may have begun his transformation into Big Ben II.  That’s what I want to see continue - can Allen become a true surgeon as a passer and put the entire offense on his back?  It’s time to find out.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TBBills said:

Nah Fitz has never been good against top 10 defenses. This team is still easily top 10 without those two.

You may be fooling yourself. 

13 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not saying they are better - saying I think both guys are better against the run than the pass and with the injured WR - I think the Bills can use them to slow down the run and allow Marlowe and Neal to play against the pass.

I’ll say again, Dodson is a rookie playing perhaps his 15th play at game time and Klein is an average LB, in no scenario are they close to Milano and Edmunds in any facet of the game. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I worry about every game but I don’t think I can go that far with josh needing a great performance to win.  Cam threw for 155 last week and their LBs are anferee Jennings (rookie), jujuan Jennings, and Jets castoff Brandon Copeland and the game was never in doubt. I think McDermott can protect the LBs with scheme especially given everyone else on the D is healthy. On the offensive side, this Miami D can be attacked in the run game unlike the Jets. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I worry about every game but I don’t think I can go that far with josh needing a great performance to win.  Cam threw for 155 last week and their LBs are anferee Jennings (rookie), jujuan Jennings, and Jets castoff Brandon Copeland and the game was never in doubt. I think McDermott can protect the LBs with scheme especially given everyone else on the D is healthy. On the offensive side, this Miami D can be attacked in the run game unlike the Jets. 

This is what I was thinking yesterday as well. The linebackers for the pats were a huge part of their defense last year. They lost their top 4 via free agency and opt outs. Plugged in some no names and just stifled the fins for 11 pts. 

I’m confident in Frazier, Mcd, and the pieces surrounding our LB’s.... also aren’t the fins down Roberts this week? Would that be enough to say an already bad run D just got even worse? Wasn’t he a thumper up in NE last year?