Milano and Edmunds OUT against Miami

Virgil

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My favorite part of this thread is people acting like Mike Gesicki is George Kittle.   He is an average tight end and can be had with physicality. 

oh great... now he’s probably going to burn us for 150+ yards and 2 TDs.  Lol

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You know the UK doesn't really use metric, right? We are like you guys.... miles, pounds, feet and inches.

I refuse to believe this. Next you’ll be telling me you drive on the right side of the road... I know this is a ploy to get us to take you back. It won’t work. 

;)

(I totally didn’t know that though. Chock it up to ignorance - the only thing still manufactured in America.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Completely agree.  Very similar players.  Knox is more physical but Gesicki has better hands.  Neither is anywhere near a top 5 tight end in the league.

I don't think they are similar. I think Know is a Kittle, Kelce, Gronk..... not at that level, obviously, but he is a do it all guy at the tight end position and that is what the Bills are trying to develop him into. Last week he barely came off the field.

Gesicki is a Zac Ertz, Jimmy Graham, Hunter Henry.... again.... not that level but he is a receiver playing tight end essentially. They know he can't block and they rarely ask him to.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they are similar. I think Know is a Kittle, Kelce, Gronk..... not at that level, obviously, but he is a do it all guy at the tight end position and that is what the Bills are trying to develop him into. Last week he barely came off the field.

Gesicki is a Zac Ertz, Jimmy Graham, Hunter Henry.... again.... not that level but he is a receiver playing tight end essentially. They know he can't block and they rarely ask him to.

I think thats fair.  I agree Gesicki is not a well rounded player, he has also played enough that we know who he is.   Knox still has time to work on his hands, so he may end up being the better player.  At this point, I think they are playing at a similar level.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think Lacey has familiarity in this system as well though.... he was here Sean's first two years. I am not surprised on Vosean. He had a bad camp and pre-season last year and all reports were he was little better this year. He was a sensible gamble on talent and physical ability. A guy for whom the mental side just proved too challenging.

Probably bringing Lacey in for special teams in case they have to use Matakevich on D. Lacey was one of those “core special teamers” McD’s first 2 years. Completely underwhelming choice. Especially if we are relying on Matakevich for defensive snaps.

This is one of my main criticisms of McD during his time here. He’ll sacrifice quality on offense or defense to activate a fringe player that only plays special teams. I get it, special teams can occasionally burn you. But why not prioritize the 60-80 plays on offense and defense with a better player vs. the handful for special teams? 

34 minutes ago, beavis said:

They're doing a great job of that themselves. Timid play, and now not even showing up. They traded Watkins and Dareus, right?

25 minutes ago, beavis said:

AT Miami

Wagner is about a half a foot shorter than Edmunds, and outplays him. Third year player and is falling flat. That playoff lost last year was devastating, and this is how he bounces back. Injured on a missed tackle Week 1, out Week 2. 😡 😡  😡  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have some self-respect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😡  😡  😡 

I think you are my new favorite poster

• Haha (+1) 4

I think the bottom line is we need to score points. No getting  a lead and then playing conservatively. 

FOOT ON THE THROAT, MCDERMOTT. If your guys are charging and scoring, do not slow down, I don't care if the score is 63-7, CRUSH THEM. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

McD just announced on a WGR interview 

Wow.  I thought this was coming.  

Better to sit and get well than to play and make it worse, especially given the relative strength of this week's opponent and next week's.  

This is a major test for the "process."   It's also the kind of situation where the Bills are fortunate to have the long-term experience of McDermott and Frazier. They've been here before, and they will have responses.  

If the next men up respond to the challenge, it's a good thing for the coming weeks.   It's a good opportunity to develop some depth at a position where the Bills don't have much. 

• Like (+1) 1

It really sucks and this is why I would hesitate to pay Milano big money, even though he is a baller and playmaker.

but if there was ever a game for them to miss, other than the Jets, it’s this one. 

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Wow.  I thought this was coming.  

Better to sit and get well than to play and make it worse, especially given the relative strength of this week's opponent and next week's.  

This is a major test for the "process."   It's also the kind of situation where the Bills are fortunate to have the long-term experience of McDermott and Frazier. They've been here before, and they will have responses.  

If the next men up respond to the challenge, it's a good thing for the coming weeks.   It's a good opportunity to develop some depth at a position where the Bills don't have much. 

They are still so much more talent than the Fins and Miami is meh at rb.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, beavis said:

DeShaun Watson broke Milano's tackle in playoff OT. Edmunds has been weak all career and scares no one. He gave up the 3rd and 18 that same drive. Now they are both out Week 1 with a torn butt and a bruised shoulder and can't find it in themselves to go to work Week 2. They still take their million dollar salary. Good riddance. Who cares how tall you are, or how much you overachieve if you are bad on the field, loose and worst of all not even show up.

9F41A0E8-72CE-47F5-9EA4-72DCE451AD11.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think thats fair.  I agree Gesicki is not a well rounded player, he has also played enough that we know who he is.   Knox still has time to work on his hands, so he may end up being the better player.  At this point, I think they are playing at a similar level.

Similar level - yes. Similar style was what I was objecting to.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It really sucks and this is why I would hesitate to pay Milano big money, even though he is a baller and playmaker.

but if there was ever a game for them to miss, other than the Jets, it’s this one. 

They are still so much more talent than the Fins and Miami is meh at rb.

I gotta say I don't really know, but I agree with you.   There's a definite loss of physical talent on the field with those two guys out, but I don't think it will be critical. In a sense, the replacements are protected by the talent in front of them and the talent behind them.  They will be out there doing their jobs, but they will have help from that other talent, and they will have help from the schemes Frazier and McD devise.  

Biggest problem will be Fitz, who has the experience and smarts to take advantage weaknesses resulting from these injuries.  On the other hand, we all know Fitz has his limitations.   

I agree - the Bills should be okay Sunday.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My favorite part of this thread is people acting like Mike Gesicki is George Kittle.   He is an average tight end and can be had with physicality. 

haha— true. I think the reason that people are worried is because gesecki had a few decent games against us. Other than those games, he has been mostly a non-factor his entire career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1