Happy Burrow not in AFC East

gmanbfan

He looked good. He didn't really make many "wow" plays though. Efficient and consistent. Let's wait and see how he does going forward.

But he took a ton of hits in the pocket and I don't think it is a recipe for success throwing it 60+ times a game. They need to help their rookie QB out more.

45 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

To say he is already better than Allen is comical. All you Allen haters are pathetic! 

The difference to me is Allen makes those "wow" plays all the time, and he did as a rookie too. He makes a lot of mistakes, but you always feel like a big play could happen at any moment.

But yeah, it has only been two games for Burrow. Have to wait and see. There's no way anyone could honestly claim that he is better than Allen after two games (and two losses, btw).

1 hour ago, Bsblguy said:

Allen is like 8 months older than him, would you rather have Allen going into year three with this team, staff and system, or burrow as he is right now, as a rookie, with this team? just curious, assuming they both have the same amount of years left in their career, but burrow has more time on rookie contract.

The answer is Allen now for sure. But all i'm saying is Burrow is ahead of where Allen was his rookie year and I think Burrow will be the better of the 2 in the future. Of course I hope I'm wrong! 

12 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

The answer is Allen now for sure. But all i'm saying is Burrow is ahead of where Allen was his rookie year and I think Burrow will be the better of the 2 in the future. Of course I hope I'm wrong! 

Kind of expected, Allen was a 21 year old rookie and Burrow is a 23 year old rookie. Light years of difference especially considering the NCAA programs they came from.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

He's going to be better than Allen if not already! 

Are you from PFF?

A little early for click bait don't you think?

Yeah, we were soooooo lucky having had Brady instead the last 20 years instead. 

I'm shocked and amazed that the consensus #1 QB prospect from a Top D1 program looks pretty good. How did so many teams pass on him? Oh wait! 

Yes, he should turn into a pretty good pro if developed properly.

Burrow doesn't set his feet. That TD pass in the first half was under thrown because he has poor footwork. So does Darnold and so does Tua. I can tell you right now footwork is huge for QBs. Allen got better over these last few years because his footwork got better. Dude stands tall in the pocket and delivers. His bad throws are with bad footwork; its no coincidence. 

Mark my words that Burrow and Tua are as good today as they will be down the road, just like I said about Darnold. 

I am not sold on Burrow. The Browns secondary is not healthy. Greedy Williams, their 2nd round pick at safety and several other key players in that secondary are hurt and outside of Ward that secondary wasn't that great to begin with. So Burrow throwing a good number on them even in a somewhat competitive game (But the Bengals were playing from behind a lot of the game too inflating stats) is not very impressive. This banged up Browns secondary might be one of the bottom 3 or 4 in the league at the moment. Even when healthy that Browns secondary was a bottom 12 secondary in the league. 

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

lol....yes the Bills offense was pretty bad two years ago, but that OL for Cincy is scary bad.

Our offensive line two years ago, was scary bad. I don't know how Allen survived that.

Thankfully, Beane changed that the following year.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I love how Bills fans are reacting to this. They just don't want to hear it. But it's most likely true -- he's clearly wayyyyy ahead of where Allen was in start #2 and seems to have all the intangibles. That being said, Allen is also a superstar. Nothing wrong with there being another one.

Well he did play at LSU with real coaching against some BIG time opponents while Allen was basically still basically playing high school football till he got here . 
So obviously Burrow should be ahead of Allen in their rookie year , lets not forget Allen wasn’t even supposed to start his rookie year, 

As of today I wouldn’t trade Allen for ANYBODY love everything about the kid !! 
GO Bills !!!

Edited by Putin

4 hours ago, thurst44 said:

I'm not so sure that is a winning argument. Have we forgotten that quickly that this is Allen's start #2 where he won a game on the road in a game against one of the highest point spreads of the last decade.

It was funny over the summer watching Vikings fans on Twitter comment how Diggs was going to a inaccurate QB and was going to regret leaving the Vikings, only to be followed by Bills fans posting these highlights.

It resulted in one of my favorite shirts from 26shirts.com

107050076_290870491971299_4355072431279077756_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=JzH2iIuI3YQAX9Petx-&_nc_tp=15&oh=c788f30b1ee8075295aad065e4b5c0ca&oe=5F8F81EC

8 hours ago, gmanbfan said:

Anyone else who watched the game last night Thankful that Burrow is out of the AFC EAST?  I was pretty impressed with his performance, preparing in a short week for his first 'road' game.

Thank you Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Loved you in a Bills uniform, but love you just as much for avoiding the tank last year!  Keep up the good work!  

Ryan Fitzpatrick... good enough to screw your team out of a good QB.

12 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

He's going to be better than Allen if not already! 

I thought the same thing.  A great quick release with accurate passes.

4 hours ago, Putin said:

Well he did play at LSU with real coaching against some BIG time opponents while Allen was basically still basically playing high school football till he got here . 
So obviously Burrow should be ahead of Allen in their rookie year , lets not forget Allen wasn’t even supposed to start his rookie year, 

As of today I wouldn’t trade Allen for ANYBODY love everything about the kid !! 
GO Bills !!!

Homer!

23 hours ago, Heitz said:

^ Two games does not a career make.

He looks real good in an O designed to be like his college O, but is that sustainable?  Let's give it a minute to see how he develops, how D coordinators adjust to him, etc.  

Not saying he's not going to be good, but I'm also not busting out the Jump to Conclusions mat just yet...

:beer:

Love the Jump to Conclusions Mat!

Burrow may not be in the afc East, but I’ve been thinking about Trevor Lawrence. The Jets are a mess. They are injured at key positions, Darnold isn’t as great as advertised, and I feel the team is going to give up on Gase. I feel they could legitimately be in contention for the number one pick. 

if that happens, obviously Gase is gone. How could any team pass on Lawrence?  It would be interesting to see what happens. Obviously I hope that doesn’t happen, though. 

13 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Burrow may not be in the afc East, but I’ve been thinking about Trevor Lawrence. The Jets are a mess. They are injured at key positions, Darnold isn’t as great as advertised, and I feel the team is going to give up on Gase. I feel they could legitimately be in contention for the number one pick. 

if that happens, obviously Gase is gone. How could any team pass on Lawrence?  It would be interesting to see what happens. Obviously I hope that doesn’t happen, though. 

The Jets are probably top 5 options for Lawrence.  I hope they don’t get him.  It’s not easy to get the first overall pick.

I hope and don’t think he goes to the Jets.  Miami splitting with the Jets would help that cause.

Edited by Manther
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1