Happy Burrow not in AFC East

gmanbfan

The rook liked good from the little I watched. But god only knows where his actual ceiling is. 
I’ll bet that Cleveland wishes they had him over Maypole...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

He's going to be better than Allen if not already! 

He's going to be beaten to death like David Carr if they don't get that OL fixed, and QUICK. This is two weeks in a row, and the first two weeks of the season at that, he has taken an absolute pounding. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, H2o said:

He's going to be beaten to death like David Carr if they don't get that OL fixed, and QUICK. This is two weeks in a row, and the first two weeks of the season at that, he has taken an absolute pounding. 

Yeah the "just throw it 60 times a game rook no worries" thing will get old fast behind those turnstiles. 

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Yeah the "just throw it 60 times a game rook no worries" thing will get old fast behind those turnstiles. 

The Bengals OL is bad, REAL bad. I know they are excited about their new toy, but if they don't at least attempt to be balanced on offense he won't make it the whole season. They are in the same division as Cleveland, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. Not good for Joe. 

• Like (+1) 1

From what I see from Burrow I like. The guy will be 24 by the end of the season so I question whether he’s going to develop much more physically. He’s basically the same age as Allen & Lamar Jackson. Let’s see how quickly he catches up. The only stat that matters is wins and losses and he’s 0-2 so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The rook liked good from the little I watched. But god only knows where his actual ceiling is. 
I’ll bet that Cleveland wishes they had him over Maypole...

I recall the NFL world drooling over Mayfield after his first few starts as well.

Since then, it's been a pretty up-and-down journey.

Defenses eventually adjust.  Coordinators will discover Burrow's weaknesses, and then start taking away what he does best.  

Then it will be on Burrow to improve his game and continue developing.  It's not about being successful as a rookie.  It's about being successful over the long haul.

Just look at Josh Allen.  In his first season, he was an absolute All-Pro running the ball.  But he struggled pretty badly as a passer.  

As a sophomore, coordinators switched things up and those running lanes weren't so wide open.  Allen was forced to do more with his arm, because teams weren't just going to let him run wild every game.  The times he struggled the most were against defenses who played heavy Cover 0 looks and crowded the box, and when opponents dared him to make plays downfield. 

One of best moments from Sunday was on Allen's touchdown pass to John Brown.  He quickly recognized the Jets in Cover 0, audibled to a new play at the line, and then proceeded to make the scoring play.  Allen wouldn't have made that play early in his career.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Call me once he leads his team to a Win.

Such a lazy take.  You know his team had the number pick right?  Because they were terrible.  Their kicker blew week 1.  Football is still the ultimate team game.

and I don’t want to get ahead of myself but he just seems so unfazed by everything.  He doesn’t seem rattled like most young QBs are, which is completely understandable.  Dude is a baller. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Such a lazy take.  You know his team had the number pick right?  Because they were terrible.  Their kicker blew week 1.  Football is still the ultimate team game.

and I don’t want to get ahead of myself but he just seems so unfazed by everything.  He doesn’t seem rattled like most young QBs are, which is completely understandable.  Dude is a baller. 

Sorry it isnt a lazy take, I will start crowning him once he actually wins a game.

26 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

From what I see from Burrow I like. The guy will be 24 by the end of the season so I question whether he’s going to develop much more physically. He’s basically the same age as Allen & Lamar Jackson. Let’s see how quickly he catches up. The only stat that matters is wins and losses and he’s 0-2 so far. 

It was a good post until the end.  It’s such a lazy take.  The Bengals didn’t get the number 1 pick because they are good.

1 hour ago, gmanbfan said:

Anyone else who watched the game last night Thankful that Burrow is out of the AFC EAST?  I was pretty impressed with his performance, preparing in a short week for his first 'road' game.

Thank you Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Loved you in a Bills uniform, but love you just as much for avoiding the tank last year!  Keep up the good work!  

Fitz helped them land Tua and I think he'll be better than Burrow.  

It's crazy how much love he's getting this early. 

He's basically the same age as Josh Allen because he was a 5 year red shirt QB with 4 full years college experience in the SEC.

Of course he's going to look good in his first year.

This is the exact same story as Baker Mayfield and exact same results first year.

Week 1 he was 23/36 for 0 TD's and 1 INT.

It's not like he's lighting the world on fire. He had a good game and it happened to be on a Thursday night.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

He's basically the same age as Josh Allen because he was a 5 year red shirt QB with 4 full years college experience in the SEC.

This is the exact same story as Baker Mayfield and exact same results first year.

Week 1 he was 23/36 for 0 TD's and 1 INT.

It's not like he's lighting the world on fire. He had a good game and it happened to be on a Thursday night.

I think you’re overestimating how well SEC qbs translate to the nfl.  

and I get the age point but for myself, he just seemed so poised and not afraid to take shots with the ball downfield.  He is just a gamer. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Incorrect. Burrow wasn’t in the SEC for 4 years. He transferred from the Big Ten To LSU because he wasn’t playing at Ohio St. he played his last 2 seasons at LSU.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He also has a much better cast around him than Allen had as a rookie with a legit #1 receiver.  The only somewhat of a star Allen had as a rookie was McCoy.

I dunno...his surrounding cast looked pretty awful to me.   I was impressed by what he was able to do without much help.