What's Up with T J Yeldon?

LB48

On 9/17/2020 at 9:38 PM, LB48 said:

Yeldon has the best 40 yard speed of all the Bills RB's.  He CAN get to the outside.

He makes $1.9 mil which is more than Singletary & Moss combined.

Why is he a consistent bench warmer and not even dress for games (except the Houston Play-Off game) ?  

I just want to point out that if your trying to get your post count up by posting bull####......its gonna take a while it took some of us years

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I just want to point out that if your trying to get your post count up by posting bull####......its gonna take a while it took some of us years

I'm just asking a legitimate question.  I apologize if it doesn't meet your standards.  I'm just a long, long time fan of the Bills and ask questions that I can't get information about.

5 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I'm just asking a legitimate question.  I apologize if it doesn't meet your standards.  I'm just a long, long time fan of the Bills and ask questions that I can't get information about.

Yeldon is filling a 3rd string veteran role on the team and it's fine by me.  The "fumblitis" claim is way over the top.  He has a fumble every 111 touches.

That's better than Devin and Taiwan.  If he is needed (which is definitely as possibility) during the year he will be useful.

None of us are privy to how he is helping the young RBs and what his input is to the team in general.  I'm going to guess it's a plus or they would of

moved on from him.

He did have 11 first downs on 30 touches last year and had 13 catches on 15 targets.  That's his worth.

His 2 year contract is up next year so he probably moves on BUT don't be surprised if he gets no interest that he just may be around for vet minimum again.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:53 PM, JohnNord said:

IMO the team ready likes TJ as a person and a player.  They keep him around because he’s a pro and because they know he can fill in if they needed him to. But it seems like the coaches don’t have any confidence for three reasons:

1. FUMBLES - He’s shown throughout his career and in Buffalo a propensity to fumble.  The last time the Bills gave him a chance, he fumbled the ball which killed a scoring drive.  I don’t think he played much after that.  When Singletary was healthy they relied on using Gore because he never fumbles and was more dependable.

2. BLOCKING - Yeldon is not a good blocker for a RB.  The last time he got playing time against NE in 2019, he missed a few blocks including one at the end that sealed the game.  Again, no confidence.

3.  SPECIAL TEAMS - He will play ST’s and is decent but there are better choices.  

These factors and a lack of a major injury have kept Yeldon on the non-active list and likely will going forward.   When he’s an opportunities he hasn’t made the most of them.

The more posters repeat this, the more true it does not become.

He has 6 career fumbles for a career fumble rate of 1.2%

Josh Allen's has already fumbled 24 times.

Singletary already has 4 fumbles in only 13 games and fumbles twice as often as Yeldon (2.5%).

On 9/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, LB48 said:

Yeldon has the best 40 yard speed of all the Bills RB's.  He CAN get to the outside.

Why is he a consistent bench warmer and not even dress for games (except the Houston Play-Off game) ?  

He’s chilling !!! 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The more posters repeat this, the more true it does not become.

He has 6 career fumbles for a career fumble rate of 1.2%

Josh Allen's has already fumbled 24 times.

Singletary already has 4 fumbles in only 13 games and fumbles twice as often as Yeldon (2.5%).

Maybe, all I know is that he fumbled in the preseason last year and he fumbled against Cincy which almost flipped the game.  

I would like to see TJ get another shot 

7 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Maybe, all I know is that he fumbled in the preseason last year and he fumbled against Cincy which almost flipped the game.  

I would like to see TJ get another shot 

if fumbles were the reason he doesn’t play,  Singletary would have been benched long ago and Josh would get zero called run plays

On 9/18/2020 at 12:38 AM, LB48 said:

You know he is a backup right? I can't believe Bills fans don't know much about their own team...

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

if fumbles were the reason he doesn’t play,  Singletary would have been benched long ago and Josh would get zero called run plays

True... the only difference is that the other two have shown they make big plays to offset their turnovers.  Yeldon hasn’t.  Again, not his fault and he’s only been active for a handful of games. Yeldon is probably hurt by not having a preseason to show what he can do.  

It’s not just limited to fumbles either.  In his last game against NE he struggled with blocking and his missed block essentially ended the game.  He also made somewhat of a poor attempt to win a contested catch that would’ve put the Bills on top.  To his credit - he did some good things as a reciever.

IMO I don’t think he has the confidence of the coaching staff, at least not yet.  I think they like having him in the bullpen and know that whenever he’s needed they can activate him and have a decent veteran option at RB