What's Up with T J Yeldon?

LB48

7 hours ago, LB48 said:

Yeldon has the best 40 yard speed of all the Bills RB's.  He CAN get to the outside.

He makes $1.9 mil which is more than Singletary & Moss combined.

Why is he a consistent bench warmer and not even dress for games (except the Houston Play-Off game) ?  

have you seen him play?

he barely produces as a receiving RB. 

When your team has depth, talented players end up not playing.  Sometimes they are even inactive.

Our top two RBs are Devin Singletary and Zack Moss.  So barring injuries to those guys, there would be absolutely no reason to put TJ Yeldon on the field for an offensive play.  Meanwhile, Taiwan Jones is very good at special teams, so he will actually be needed each and every Sunday.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ding, ding, ding. There's the bell. We have a winner.

I'll remember all this talk after Matt Barkley is playing. I just don't get it. Anyone look at Lamar Jackson play football and go "that's gonna last"? I didn't think so. I just really hope he can develop as a passer.. otherwise we're gonna be a gimmick offense and fun during the beginning of every season. 

1 minute ago, kenny3000 said:

I'll remember all this talk after Matt Barkley is playing. I just don't get it. Anyone look at Lamar Jackson play football and go "that's gonna last"? I didn't think so. I just really hope he can develop as a passer.. otherwise we're gonna be a gimmick offense and fun during the beginning of every season. 

Sorry I fail to see how that is related to TJ Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

have you seen him play?

he barely produces as a receiving RB. 

"We get it, you want Josh to stop running. That’s not going to happen. It’s a massive part of his game and it is what makes the Bills offense dynamic. He’s the one explosive playmaker that they have in the backfield. He needs to take care of the ball better and take a few less unnecessary hits. "

TJ Yeldon brought up the issue of why is our qb running so much and holding his knee after hits.

Edited by kenny3000

1 minute ago, kenny3000 said:

"We get it, you want Josh to stop running. That’s not going to happen. It’s a massive part of his game and it is what makes the Bills offense dynamic. He’s the one explosive playmaker that they have in the backfield. He needs to take care of the ball better and take a few less unnecessary hits. "

TJ Yeldon brought up the issue of why is our qb running so much and holding his knee after hits.

TJ still sucks. And yea, Josh can carry on running.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, kenny3000 said:

where did I say that 

I said Yeldon hasn’t produced as a RB in Buffalo 

24 minutes ago, kenny3000 said:

For one Josh Allen is 30 Lbs heavier than Lamar. He runs like Cam not like Lamar. Cam parlayed that style into an MVP award and a 15-1 record in 2015. He did get dinged later on as refs didn’t protect him but now appears healthy again. You can’t play the game worrying about injury. At the same time no one talks about how Drew Brees missed over a quarter of last season from in the pocket. It happens people get hurt in football.

Every single game that Josh has played timid or safe he has been BAD. When he attacks he makes plays. When the Bills drafted Josh Allen they drafted a guy that will always be running and taking hits. That’s who he is. He’s actually a much better player when he takes a couple of hits early in the game. It gets him into the flow. 

There are so many people here waiting for him to get hurt to say, “I told you that would happen.” They will forget at the same time all of those plays where Josh escaped, tiptoed the sideline to get to the marker and keep a drive alive. You have to let playmakers make plays!!!  

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

where did I say that 

I said Yeldon hasn’t produced as a RB in Buffalo 

That was me

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What up with Yeldon? 

Not a damn thing, 😁

OMG, guys this is Jets 2020.  Do you not see he keeps citing Bills veiled negative threads to get you guys going?  He’s just trying to rile all of you up.  Have a great weekend Jets 2020, as you’re team sucks terribly, and you are in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes as you are that bad and you’re coach amongst the 50 other coaches will he fired by the end of the year.  Guys, if you want to respond ok, but just know this is a Jets fan trying to incite you.  He cares nothing. About the Bills.  

IMO the team ready likes TJ as a person and a player.  They keep him around because he’s a pro and because they know he can fill in if they needed him to. But it seems like the coaches don’t have any confidence for three reasons:

1. FUMBLES - He’s shown throughout his career and in Buffalo a propensity to fumble.  The last time the Bills gave him a chance, he fumbled the ball which killed a scoring drive.  I don’t think he played much after that.  When Singletary was healthy they relied on using Gore because he never fumbles and was more dependable.

2. BLOCKING - Yeldon is not a good blocker for a RB.  The last time he got playing time against NE in 2019, he missed a few blocks including one at the end that sealed the game.  Again, no confidence.

3.  SPECIAL TEAMS - He will play ST’s and is decent but there are better choices.  

These factors and a lack of a major injury have kept Yeldon on the non-active list and likely will going forward.   When he’s an opportunities he hasn’t made the most of them.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

OMG, guys this is Jets 2020.  Do you not see he keeps citing Bills veiled negative threads to get you guys going?  He’s just trying to rile all of you up.  Have a great weekend Jets 2020, as you’re team sucks terribly, and you are in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes as you are that bad and you’re coach amongst the 50 other coaches will he fired by the end of the year.  Guys, if you want to respond ok, but just know this is a Jets fan trying to incite you.  He cares nothing. About the Bills.  

Are you feeling OK?  The Poster (me) is a long, long time Bills fan. I just felt Yeldon should get on the field more to help Josh.  That's all.

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is another thread about you not wanting Josh to run. As discussed in the “Josh runs too much thread” the reason that he runs is that the other backs aren’t a threat to get to the corner and turn it up. Yeldon doesn’t play because he isn’t very good and fumbles a lot

We get it, you want Josh to stop running. That’s not going to happen. It’s a massive part of his game and it is what makes the Bills offense dynamic. He’s the one explosive playmaker that they have in the backfield. He needs to take care of the ball better and take a few less unnecessary hits. 

Not really

On 9/18/2020 at 6:17 AM, GunnerBill said:

Your have to be willing to run headfirst into the backside of 300 pound men for no particular reason on an occasional basis but if that is your kinda party then TJ's job might be for you.

hey, there's a lot I would do for 1.9 million dollars a year

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, LB48 said:

Yeldon has the best 40 yard speed of all the Bills RB's.  He CAN get to the outside.

He makes $1.9 mil which is more than Singletary & Moss combined.

Why is he a consistent bench warmer and not even dress for games (except the Houston Play-Off game) ?  

I can’t believe he is still on this team. The only explanation I can think of is now that Croom is gone he must be dating the Pegulas daughter now.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I can’t believe he is still on this team. The only explanation I can think of is now that Croom is gone he must be dating the Pegulas daughter now.

Croom is still here on the PS. But if she has ditched Croom for Yeldon then I applaud her taste. 

Yeldon is good at screen passes. He did good against the Jets in Week 17, so I was kind of surprised the Bills didn’t use him in the same capacity last week. At this point, It’s obvious he’s strictly a #3 RB and will only be used if Singletary or Moss don’t suit up due to injury.