NFL.com week 2 QB rankings-Josh Allen up to #6!

DBilz2500

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Josh has become the poster boy of the Back Handed Compliment. You'll never read a narrative that praises him without pointing out his short comings.

🤩

It's funny that you say that because I recall another article saying that his biggest knock in this game was his 6.8 YPA.  So the fact that he was taking what the defense was giving him is now a bad thing I guess?

And then I look up a few spots and see Mahomes 6.6 YPA and they say:

Mahomes minimized Houston's defensive pressure by throwing both quicker (2.18 seconds) and shallower (5.6 average depth of target) than he had in any previous start over the past two years.

No, I'm not saying Allen is Mahomes.  Not even close. But saying one person was bad because of it and another person was good because of it seems kind of a lazy use of stats to makes someone out to be how you want them to be.

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/18/2020 at 4:36 AM, Chaos said:

Based on age, current ability level and potential improvement, the only QB in the league I might rather have as a Bill is Patrick Mahomes.  Allen and Mahomes are  far and away the two most exciting players in the league to watch.  Both seem to have their heads screwed on straight as well. Jackson's numbers are irrefuatble, but for no particular reason I feel as though he has peaked and is as likely to decline as much as he is to improve. 

I agree. I MIGHT throw in Russell Wilson. I think he still has a solid 6 years left in him at minimum. He seems driven to play a long time and he takes care of his body.  He's proven to be far less of an injury risk then Allen. He seems to continue to become a better passer every year too. And Kyler Murray looks very special IMO. But just too soon to see how he will hold up. Jackson has proven to be pecial but I'm totally fine with riding and dying with Josh.