TNF: Bengals at Browns 8:20 Eastern on NFLN

btw- Tyler Boyd has turned into a really solid NFL receiver.  Also, as far as the Bengals go, nice to see Giovanni Bernard get some action...he seems to have been lost on the Bengals roster for the last 5 years or so. I remember him being so spectacular early in his career, and then he just never seemed to get used very much.  I always feared the Patriots would sign him.  Hard to believe he has been with the Bengals for 8 years.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I barely watched the Raiders last season so I couldn't tell you how that ranking measures up. A lot of people broke it down game by game. Just because he was a coach doesn't mean his opinion is right. There are former coaches on tv who say a lot of questionable *****. 

Your first comment was they only performed against bad teams which is blantantly wrong. 

An offense that scores less than 20 ppg game is not a legit top 10 offense.   You didn't have to watch the Raiders because DVOA said they are top 10....so they are without a doubt....top 10.

Offense was so good that year that we benched Taylor in the finale just because we didn't want to pay his $30 million guarantee.  Very strange how you don't want to retain a QB who lead a legitimate top 10 offense isn't it?  A new regime comes in and they restructure his contract just to stay on the team.  Actually it was a mistake because Tyrod has torn up the league since he left Buffalo.

5 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Living down here in Cincinnati you learn real quick that the Bengal's do not fire coaches quickly.  Given the covid and Burrow's promising start I would bet that Taylor's job is safe for two more years - at a minimum

As it should be. With a better defense and a better running game the Bengals should be contenders. Burrow could potentially be an elite QB... still to early to tell though but it’s leaning that way..

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2020 at 11:07 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don’t want to see Allen stiff arm LB’s or breaking tackles. I would rather see Allen run OB or slide a lot more.

This. 

Pretty sure that is a message Allen has been given by his coaches.  When he was talking during his press availability last week and being rightfully quizzed about fixing his fumbles, he stated that he'd achieved the first down on his first fumble, maybe he should have gone down instead of trying for a few more yards.  On the play where he got upended, he seems to have recognized that if upended, he has to protect himself above protecting the football, but again said if he goes down earlier, he doesn't get upended.