Bills still leading the league in 4 WR sets by wide margin

YoloinOhio

Good. I think we’ve been clamoring to spread the field a bit more. Then add in Diggs and the praise Davis was getting in camp, it makes sense. If we can do a better job of hitting the receivers in stride and rack up some more YAC, we’ll all be happy with the offense. 

That said, Singletary needs to get much better at pass protection. There was one play last week where instead of chipping the LB before heading into the flat, he actually side steps him and gave him a free run at the QB. Resulted in a sack. 

Our RB’s are shifty, not fast, so when things get tight at the line, I think they struggle to hit the whole before it closes. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Personnel and matchup dictated this. 

Should be a different approach to the Dolphins game. 

I expect to see Buffalo with a couple tight ends on the field for a number of plays this coming Sunday.  I think Lee Smith will be activated so he can act as a blocking tight end in tandem with Dawson Knox.  They'll run some out of that set, but also pass a few more times to Knox.

Just now, TigerJ said:

I expect to see Buffalo with a couple tight ends on the field for a number of plays this coming Sunday.  I think Lee Smith will be activated so he can act as a blocking tight end in tandem with Dawson Knox.  They'll run some out of that set, but also pass a few more times to Knox.

I also expect to see Lee Smith this week 

29 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m right there with you but I have a sneaking suspicion that others here won’t be. 

But , but as long as Josh throws for 300 yards or the victory is meaningless 

• Haha (+1) 3

I wonder if Daboll's experience with New England has any influence on this.  The Pats are notorious for changing their game plan from week to week, from run-heavy to pass-heavy, etc.  They also have a history of "feeding" different players from week to week.  Not only might they do this to attack an opponent's weaknesses, it also has an element of keeping them off balance.  (And it can be very frustrating to fantasy team owners who use NE offensive players.)  Many teams don't have the schemes or personnel to do this.  Let's hope this year's version of the Bills does.  Given their current WR and RB stable, plus average (or better) OL play, and a developing QB in Allen, I think they do.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

It’ll be interesting on this board next Sunday when we run mostly. 😃 

I'll be happy, It means this team is able to adjust effectively to their opponent and it makes it that much harder for defenses to game plan against us.

As long as they are executing and scoring points, I don't care how they do it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Could be. The neither of the Bills backs have elite get around the edge speed. I like both backs but am frustrated we still have McKenzie on the 53 for such gimmick usage. Next draft find a small back with speed late.  Kind of the old 3rd down type back. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I see all the similar running predictions for this week as we had pre-Miami...

If Arnette is out, the Raiders will be very vulnerable through the air.  

I know the numbers show they can be run on, so we shall see... 

Why not do both?