Current TBD Whipping Boy?

Since Star is not here this season, who is the current TBD whipping boy?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Deserved or not, who do you think is the current TBD whipping boy?

• Trent Murphy (always injured, costs too much)
    • Cody Ford (he's a bust, can't play tackle)
    • Dawson Knox (can't catch, his hair is too curly)
    • Cole Beasley (too short, no chemistry with Josh, too many drops)
    • Ed Oliver (he's a bust, no stats, did he even play?)
    • Other (please elaborate below)

I went with AJ Epenesa -- A 2nd round draft pick that is a healthy inactive for opening day is definitely a top candidate to claim whipping boy status for this year in the near future. If the offense is able to sustain a significant improvement over last years performance (certainly debatable at this point) - then AJ will overtake Ford & Daboll as the board whipping boy. I suspect that some of our posters likely sadly miss Patrick DiMarco as they ponder this poll question ...    

• Like (+1) 2

I voted other, 

It should be all of the above, rotating whipping boys, it gives the naysayer multiple threads to voice there Hot 🔥 takes in.😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

Oh Cody Ford is absolutely #1.. Can’t play tackle, he’s a natural fit at guard. Mcdermott is a fool to force him at tackle. Move him to guard . oh wait he sucks at guard.. McDermott’s staff can’t coach linemen. 

Honorary mention to 

daboll and his predictable play calls 

motor fumbles too much and is too slow to be a pro running back 

Diggs is overrated 

Morse is grossly overpaid for his talent 

kroft is still on this team 

lee smith got a holding penalty while being inactive 

levi wallace is not playing at the same level as Tre 

milano is always hurt and doesn’t deserve an extension 

Allen just isn’t a franchise guy 

I think I’m getting the hang of this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

For me it’s Beasely.

He has too many, “ Hit em in the hands “ drops.

Last year, the excuse on this board was Allen was throwing the slants too hard/fast. Same crap they said about Elway when he came into the league.

I don’t hate Beasely but he has too many drops that a possession receiver should not miss. Sometimes, like last week it is a lack of concentration which is inexcusable for a veteran receiver.
Mark my word, he’s going to have a brutal drop in one of the big games that is going to kill a drive on a very catchable ball.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You just don’t like redheads.

He had 67 catches and 6 TD’s last year.  He will probably be in that area again this year.  That does not suck.

I'm not so sure. He'll be a 3rd/4th option in this offense going forward. Get had 106 targets last year, so anyone with that kind of volume is going to put up some stats. His drops are just so bad and he's not much of a threat with the ball in his hands.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not so sure. He'll be a 3rd/4th option in this offense going forward. Get had 106 targets last year, so anyone with that kind of volume is going to put up some stats. His drops are just so bad and he's not much of a threat with the ball in his hands.

Any time he catches a dig he turns around and gets tackled or falls down. We can do better at that position.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good topic!! I voted Murphy and am guilty of it but he’s losing whipping boy status. Cody Ford is the other one that sticks out. This is especially true after McDermott’s comments after the game. 

what were MCD's comments?!?!

Wow surprised out of close to 50 votes, I was the first person to select Knox.  I don't in any way think he deserves it, but seeing how many threads there are here about replacing him, can't believe I was the first to pick him.  While Ford is the runaway winner here, don't really think he deserves it either as was a rookie last season and did play very well in run blocking.  Will be interesting to see if the move to guard becomes permanent.

It's almost hard to find a whipping boy on this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Of course more targets means more catches.  Why do you think he's targeted so much?  So I'm assuming you feel Beane made a mistake by not finding a replacement for a slot receiver since Beasley sucks?

Beasley yards per reception is about the same as Julian Edelman's.  

Edelman is 10.9 who had Brady throwing to him all of his career except this year.

Beasley is 10.5.  

Edelman had 153 targets last year.  What would have Beasley's numbers been if he was targeted that many times?

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Any time he catches a dig he turns around and gets tackled or falls down. We can do better at that position.

He averages 10.5 yards per reception....that's good for a slot receiver.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Oh Cody Ford is absolutely #1.. Can’t play tackle, he’s a natural fit at guard. Mcdermott is a fool to force him at tackle. Move him to guard . oh wait he sucks at guard.. McDermott’s staff can’t coach linemen. 

Honorary mention to 

daboll and his predictable play calls 

motor fumbles too much and is too slow to be a pro running back 

Diggs is overrated 

Morse is grossly overpaid for his talent 

kroft is still on this team 

lee smith got a holding penalty while being inactive 

levi wallace is not playing at the same level as Tre 

milano is always hurt and doesn’t deserve an extension 

Allen just isn’t a franchise guy 

I think I’m getting the hang of this. 

Oh man, I totally forgot Kroft.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Of course more targets means more catches.  Why do you think he's targeted so much?  So I'm assuming you feel Beane made a mistake by not finding a replacement for a slot receiver since Beasley sucks?

Beasley yards per reception is about the same as Julian Edelman's.  

Edelman is 10.9 who had Brady throwing to him all of his career except this year.

Beasley is 10.5.  

Edelman had 153 targets last year.  What would have Beasley's numbers been if he was targeted that many times?

I think Beane did "replace" Beasley with John Brown who he replaced with Diggs. I don't need Beasley to be off the roster, but I also think he's a guy you're looking to replace this offseason with someone that offers more.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1