PlayStation 5 price & release date announced. Pre orders started. Xbox pre orders start 9/22 at 11am est.

BillsFan4

Here is a method that supposedly works to pre order an Xbox, if you feel like putting in the effort (it’s the gold post a few comments down. Let me know if you want to try it but can’t find it). Figured I’d share just in case.

Edited by BillsFan4

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, teef said:

@BillsFan4...did you get it?

Yes I got the Xbox series X yesterday. The PS5 is supposed to ship by tomorrow. I’m still hopeful it’ll arrive tomorrow, but worst case I should have it in a few days. 

Loving the series x so far. It’s a huge step up from my Xbox one s. The graphic detail in open worlds is stunning. Especially with the ray tracing. Playing Assassins Creed Valhalla and it’s gorgeous. 

Load times are excellent too. You can boot up a game and be playing in about 1/2 the time (or less). Fast travel is so much faster too. I can’t wait till we get some true next gen games.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yes I got the Xbox series X yesterday. The PS5 is supposed to ship by tomorrow. I’m still hopeful it’ll arrive tomorrow, but worst case I should have it in a few days. 

Loving the series x so far. It’s a huge step up from my Xbox one s. The graphic detail in open worlds is stunning. Especially with the ray tracing. Playing Assassins Creed Valhalla and it’s gorgeous. 

Load times are excellent too. You can boot up a game and be playing in about 1/2 the time (or less). Fast travel is so much faster too. I can’t wait till we get some true next gen games.

i ended up ordering an xbox from costco, and that really is the way to go.  it said it wasn't going to ship until next week as part of a bundle, (you get the second controller at 15 bucks off), but on monday i got an email that said it had shipped, and it ended up coming in yesterday.  on top of that, the were able to get a better price from the seller, and they gave me 10 bucks back.  

i haven't played anything on it yet, but boy is it fast and smooth turning on, opening apps and games, etc.  it's not a wild jump, but i couldn't go back to the last generation xbox now.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

i ended up ordering an xbox from costco, and that really is the way to go.  it said it wasn't going to ship until next week as part of a bundle, (you get the second controller at 15 bucks off), but on monday i got an email that said it had shipped, and it ended up coming in yesterday.  on top of that, the were able to get a better price from the seller, and they gave me 10 bucks back.  

i haven't played anything on it yet, but boy is it fast and smooth turning on, opening apps and games, etc.  it's not a wild jump, but i couldn't go back to the last generation xbox now.

I get that same feeling... On my computer.

45 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I get that same feeling... On my computer.

lol!  i've never been a huge compute gaming guy unless it was certain rts or simcity.   i don't know if it's because i'm part of the original nintendo generation, but i love consoles.

• Like (+1) 1

Got the PS5 last night and I love it. Too soon to say if I like it more than the Xbox but so far I might...

The haptic controller really makes it feel next generation. I didn’t really think it was that big a deal until I tried it. It’s really cool. I can’t wait to see how game developers use it. I read that in the new call of duty, every single gun in the game has a different program for the controller so they all feel slightly different to shoot. 

On 11/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Can you just download your xbox one digital games to the Series X and play them with all your saved files?

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Can you just download your xbox one digital games to the Series X and play them with all your saved files?

Yes.

If you have an Xbox live gamer ID, all your game saves will have already been stored in the cloud, so all you’d have to do is sign into your account on the new Xbox. If not, there’s other ways to transfer your save data pretty easily:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-transfer-xbox-one-games-and-saves-to-series-x-s/1100-6484421/

Overall The series X was super easy to setup. Much easier than the PS5, where I had to re hook up my old ps4 and manually transfer game save data, which took over an hour.

With the Xbox I just downloaded the Xbox app and clicked a few buttons and it signed me in on the new console and transferred everything from my previous Xbox one. All my saved game data, all my preferred settings, etc etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Tried to get it online here in Canada but all sold out quick.

No word on when we can order again

i've heard a number of times that black friday will be a big restocking day.  no change on price, but they should be out there. 

just saw that walmart will have both the ps5 and xbox series on sale at 3pm eastern time tomorrow.  not sure how it works for up north.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Do you all like the PS5's white sideplates?

I can't do it. I need all black. Besides any special edition versions, why wouldn't they just make a bunch of black regular versions?

i bet you'll see them in the 2.0 versions of the ps5.    

6 minutes ago, teef said:

just saw that walmart will have both the ps5 and xbox series on sale at 3pm eastern time tomorrow.  not sure how it works for up north.

i bet you'll see them in the 2.0 versions of the ps5.    

There seem to be substitute plates you can buy for $25...or a skin...

Not sure how they look in real life...

26 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Do you all like the PS5's white sideplates?

I can't do it. I need all black. Besides any special edition versions, why wouldn't they just make a bunch of black regular versions?

The side plates are removable. I’ve already seen black ones out there. I guess Sony plans to make a bunch of different colored side plates (eventually) so you can swap them to whatever color you want. 

There are also companies selling skins for the PS5 already. You can get basically any color or design you want. For ex:

https://www.skinit.com/device-skins/gaming-skins/sony/ps5-bundle

Personally I don’t really care what color it is. I’m not picky about stuff like that. As long as the hardware+software function properly, I’m good. The white has sort of grown on me, though.

edit - just saw your post where you mentioned this. So, Nevermind  😂

Edited by BillsFan4

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

There seem to be substitute plates you can buy for $25...or a skin...

Not sure how they look in real life...

i'm not sure if they're the same ones, but the company that was making them decided to refund preorders.  apparently they were super difficult to place, and they didn't want to hear the complaints.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The side plates are removable. I’ve already seen black ones out there. I guess Sony plans to make a bunch of different colored side plates (eventually) so you can swap them to whatever color you want. 

There are also companies selling skins for the PS5 already. You can get basically any color or design you want. For ex:

https://www.skinit.com/device-skins/gaming-skins/sony/ps5-bundle

Personally I don’t really care what color it is. I’m not picky about stuff like that. As long as the hardware+software function properly, I’m good. The white has sort of grown on me, though.

edit - just saw your post where you mentioned this. So, Nevermind  😂

money grab?...

Otherwise, I feel like this is something they should've anticipated before launch. It's like they were solely focused on gamers who would be sticking this in their bedroom next to their Fortnite memorabilia.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.