PlayStation 5 price & release date announced. Pre orders started. Xbox pre orders start 9/22 at 11am est.

BillsFan4

11 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I preordered the Xbox series X. I play call of duty often, it’s my favorite game, so I want to get the best possible performance for the new Cold War game. 

good for you.  i really wanted the xbox, but was wildly unlucky.  i had it in multiple carts, and there was always an error.  from what i've seen, about half the people that wanted an xbox got one.  as i mentioned before, i was able to get a ps5 which apparently were near impossible to get.  

i don't think i've ever had this much trouble getting a console before.  

3 hours ago, teef said:

good for you.  i really wanted the xbox, but was wildly unlucky.  i had it in multiple carts, and there was always an error.  from what i've seen, about half the people that wanted an xbox got one.  as i mentioned before, i was able to get a ps5 which apparently were near impossible to get.  

i don't think i've ever had this much trouble getting a console before.  

Did you try Best Buy? I was on it for maybe 30 min till I was able to get one 

I thought I had it from Walmart. Everything went super smooth. Added it to cart. Went to checkout. Added all the shipping info, etc. Was ready to place the order but I wanted to add the 4yr protection plan. It took all of 15-20 seconds to add it but by the time I did and hit the checkout button, it was out of stock. Crazy.

Everywhere else I either couldn’t get the console to add to my cart or I couldn’t complete the checkout if I did. It’s crazy how fast these consoles went out of stock. Same thing happened with the new nvidia 3000 series graphic cards from what I’ve read. I wonder if it’s bots buying these things up for resale or if the demand is just insane from so many people being stuck at home more often?

I did end up being able to get a Series X (disc edition) directly from the Microsoft store.

I had tried once from their site earlier and apparently it added it to the cart even though it said it didn’t. I had tried a few other sites with no luck and was about ready to call it quits. I just happened to notice in the browser tabs that the Microsoft website was on the checkout page so I tried to check out and it let me. 

Haven't played a video game in about 10 years, but want to buy one of these consoles (dont need in right away, whenever they are available).

I have no idea what one to buy.  Previously I have owned an Xbox and a Playstation.  I just want smooth play with good graphics.  Will probably play three games, NHL, FIFA, COD.  Any idea which one would be best for me?  In the past, I liked the Playstation controller a little better than Xbox (not sure if it has changed much in 10 years).

Got an email from GameStop:

Thank you for being a loyal GameStop customer, and for signing up for our PlayStation 5 email notifications!

As a true PlayStation fan, we wanted to let you know we’ve received a new supply of PlayStation 5 consoles. These will be made available to pre-order at Gamestop.com and in GameStop stores tomorrow, Friday 9/25.

These consoles will go fast. And if you miss out, not to worry – we’ll continue to notify you as we receive new updates.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Haven't played a video game in about 10 years, but want to buy one of these consoles (dont need in right away, whenever they are available).

I have no idea what one to buy.  Previously I have owned an Xbox and a Playstation.  I just want smooth play with good graphics.  Will probably play three games, NHL, FIFA, COD.  Any idea which one would be best for me?  In the past, I liked the Playstation controller a little better than Xbox (not sure if it has changed much in 10 years).

Either one would be fine. Just FYI with the Xbox, the new consoles are called either the “Series X” or “Series S”. 

Their old consoles are called the “Xbox one S” and “Xbox one X” so you can see how it would be confusing. 

If you get the Xbox, just know that the series x ($499) is a much more powerful console compared to the series s (but also $200 more, so...). It will upscale all the older games to 4k HD. The series s is digital only ($299) so no disc drive, and it’s less powerful (but still more powerful than current gen consoles). Same with the cheaper PlayStation 5. They have a disc version for $499 and a digital only (no disc drive) for $399 (which would mean you have to buy all games from their online store. I prefer being able to buy used games, and sell my old games if I choose to). The disc drive versions of the Xbox and PS5 will also function as 4K ultra HD blue ray players.

If you’re only really interested in sports games, Xbox has a new deal with EA sports. All of EA’s entire game catalog (including the new ones that come out) will be on the game pass. So it’ll have all of the Madden NFL, NBA, NHL, FIFA, UFC games. There’s a monthly fee for game pass but there’s a bunch of deals for it available. I did a deal where I got game pass ultimate for the next 3 years for like 1/3 of the price.

Xbox also has a deal where you can get a new gen console on credit. You make monthly payments for 24 months and it also includes the Xbox game pass ultimate for those 24 months.

Playstation has more exclusive games than Xbox but Xbox’s game pass is far superior. They just permanently added the entire Bethesda game catalog too. 

Id just get whichever one is available. I could see it being tough to get a new console in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

The easy answer is whichever version more of your friends own.

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Either one would be fine. Just FYI with the Xbox, the new consoles are called either the “Series X” or “Series S”. 

Their old consoles are called the “Xbox one S” and “Xbox one X” so you can see how it would be confusing. 

If you get the Xbox, just know that the series x ($499) is a much more powerful console compared to the series s (but also $200 more, so...). It will upscale all the older games to 4k HD. The series s is digital only ($299) so no disc drive, and it’s less powerful (but still more powerful than current gen consoles). Same with the cheaper PlayStation 5. They have a disc version for $499 and a digital only (no disc drive) for $399 (which would mean you have to buy all games from their online store. I prefer being able to buy used games, and sell my old games if I choose to). The disc drive versions of the Xbox and PS5 will also function as 4K ultra HD blue ray players.

If you’re only really interested in sports games, Xbox has a new deal with EA sports. All of EA’s entire game catalog (including the new ones that come out) will be on the game pass. So it’ll have all of the Madden NFL, NBA, NHL, FIFA, UFC games. There’s a monthly fee for game pass but there’s a bunch of deals for it available. I did a deal where I got game pass ultimate for the next 3 years for like 1/3 of the price.

Xbox also has a deal where you can get a new gen console on credit. You make monthly payments for 24 months and it also includes the Xbox game pass ultimate for those 24 months.

Playstation has more exclusive games than Xbox but Xbox’s game pass is far superior. They just permanently added the entire Bethesda game catalog too. 

Id just get whichever one is available. I could see it being tough to get a new console in 2020. 

Very good information.  Appreciate it. 

Any idea how much the bolded is a month?  The game pass is intriguing. 

21 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The easy answer is whichever version more of your friends own.

Are some games available cross platform?  Some of my buddies were talking about people having advantages on PC.

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Are some games available cross platform?  Some of my buddies were talking about people having advantages on PC.

Most games are available cross platform. There are some only available on either the PlayStation or Xbox (with the edge going to PlayStation). But pretty much every major AAA game is available on both.

Very good information.  Appreciate it. 

Any idea how much the bolded is a month?  The game pass is intriguing. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

There are 2 different options. Its $24.99 a month for the series s and $34.99 a month for the series x (the one listed for $22.99 is the old Xbox, not the new one). 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/xbox-all-access/8571041

Looks like Walmart is also offering an option to upgrade the series s to the series x after 18 months. I didn’t check the other sites, they may be offering something similar too. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

cd keys has a 1yr PS plus subscription for 52% off. You’ll need it to play online, and if you’re getting the new PS5 it’ll also come with the PlayStation plus collection (a bunch of games) to download+play on the new consoles.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Was able to get a ps5 preorder through the military exchange yesterday. $569 tax free and comes with an extra controller. I got lucky too as I had to retrieve my password and still had time to get it. Heads up to vets and active duty to sign up for their emails/alerts if they get another batch in.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Look at that heat sink!

I also really like that they have 2 dust collector ports able to be cleaned with a vacuum. 

do you find your ps4 is loud?  i have mine in a cabinet, and if i don't take it out when it runs, the noise and heat it produces is insane.  hopefully this cures the nonsense.

3 hours ago, teef said:

do you find your ps4 is loud?  i have mine in a cabinet, and if i don't take it out when it runs, the noise and heat it produces is insane.  hopefully this cures the nonsense.

Yeah it’s definitely louder than my Xbox. I have the PS4 slim which I guess is a bit better than the original PS4 as far as noise, but it’s still noisy for sure.

I read that the new PS5 runs a lot quieter. We will see in about a month! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.