PlayStation 5 price & release date announced. Pre orders started. Xbox pre orders start 9/22 at 11am est.

BillsFan4

On 11/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Got the PS5 last night and I love it. Too soon to say if I like it more than the Xbox but so far I might...

The haptic controller really makes it feel next generation. I didn’t really think it was that big a deal until I tried it. It’s really cool. I can’t wait to see how game developers use it. I read that in the new call of duty, every single gun in the game has a different program for the controller so they all feel slightly different to shoot. 

So you can only buy one, which one you go with? 

Whatever one you say, I'm buying.  You seem to have way more knowledge about this stuff than the average people, including me, so I respect what you say.

Just want the best game play for COD, FIFA, and NHL.

24 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Whatever one you say, I'm buying.  You seem to have way more knowledge about this stuff than the average people, including me, so I respect what you say.

I'm definitely getting back into CoD. That trailer looks amazing, I love the Cold War storylines, and what BillsFan4 said about the controller's haptic feedback sounds awesome.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Well, geez. I’m not sure I like having this responsibility... 😁

They are both great. I think you’d be happy with either.

As far as which I’d pick if I could only have one, I guess it depends.

Playstation has the better exclusive games (for now). Spider man, god of war, horizon zero dawn (one of the best games ever IMO), the last of us, ghosts of Tsunami, and the list goes on. 

And the Haptic controller is awesome. It really makes the console feel next generation. Go check out a few videos on it. 

Playstation also has their PSVR (virtual reality headset, sold separately) that you CBA plug into the console. I’ve never tried it though.

But Microsoft has game pass (for a monthly subscription, but there’s a deal where you can get up to 3 years of game pass ultimate for 1/3 price). Game pass now includes all EA game titles, which means NHL, FIFA, NFL, etc. FIFA ‘20 is already up on game pass. FIFA ‘21 probably won’t hit for 6 months or so. Game pass is a crazy good deal if you want access to a big variety of games. There’s tons of good games on there.

Id say Xbox also might be the better console for playing older/last generation games. It does an amazing job making older games look + run amazing. The PS5 is great too but I’d give the edge to Xbox series X (I wouldn’t recommend the series S. It’s cheaper but it’s quite a step down from the Series X (though that may not matter to you. It’s still a next gen console)).

And the Xbox series X is also slightly better for home theater gaming since it has Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision access. (this only matters if you have a TV capable of Dolby vision and/or a home theater/surround sound speaker setup you game on). PS5 handles most surround formats too, just no Dolby vision/atmos as far as I know (but I may be wrong). 

Honestly, I’d probably go with whichever one you can find in stock. Microsoft already announced that they expect stock to be limited on the new Xbox until at least April of 2021 or later. PlayStation 5’s are pretty much constantly out of stock too and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

crap.

I don't have twitter lol

thanks I will keep checking

to piggy back off what @BillsFan4 said, this is works well for updates too:  https://twitter.com/igndeals?lang=en

i think the twitter handle is @igndeals.  

now they state not only will walmart have them online today at 3, they'll be online again at walmart at 7pm on the 25th.

i was able to get one in the first round, but i let my wife take it so she could give it to me as a christmas gift.  i'm so annoyed i did that.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

crap.

I don't have twitter lol

thanks I will keep checking

You don’t need twitter.

Here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

If that link doesn’t work for you just google “Wario64 twitter”. You don’t need the app to view twitter pages. You can view them on your web browser.

Edited by BillsFan4

35 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Ohhhh the humanity....had one in my cart, but out of stock at checkout 

That ***** is the worst.  Did you keep refreshing the page?  I did it for a while before one magically went through.  GameStop is selling bundles I think tonight.   

That’s so stupid. The same thing happened to me when I was trying to buy the PS5. 

Once you add it to your cart it would be nice if you at least got a few minutes to check out. People shouldn’t be able to steal it from your cart as your checking out.

The real issue is all the damn scalpers using bots to instant buy them as soon as they come into stock. They need to find a better way to combat them, but I’m not sure if these retailers actually care since a sale is a sale to them and it’s keeping demand high.

https://www.businessinsider.com/playstation-5-impossible-buy-at-launch-reseller-bots-yeezy-sneakers-2020-11

It’s almost impossible to compete against. Unless you also use a bot.

I guess it’s a big thing in the sneaker business. Scalpers use bots to buy any of the new popular sneaker launches to resell for double or more. I read that now a lot of those same people are focusing their energy on the consoles (due to lack of new sneaker launches of something iirc).

1 hour ago, teef said:

That ***** is the worst.  Did you keep refreshing the page?  I did it for a while before one magically went through.  GameStop is selling bundles I think tonight.   

Yeah. I had one in the cart on the tablet and one in the cart on the laptop and lost them both.....had some screen come up telling me the checkout line is busy in the North Pole about a dozen times after refreshing, then the dreaded sold out notification. Damn these first world problems. 

To those looking for a console:

I see a lot of people on reddit using something called the “PopFindr” app. It shows stock at local stores.

Target seems to be getting small numbers in stock each day and people are just driving to their local target as soon as it shows stock and they’re getting them. You have to be quick about it when they come into stock, but it appears to be a legit option for those willing to use this app to check stock.

20 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That’s so stupid. The same thing happened to me when I was trying to buy the PS5. 

Once you add it to your cart it would be nice if you at least got a few minutes to check out. People shouldn’t be able to steal it from your cart as your checking out.

The real issue is all the damn scalpers using bots to instant buy them as soon as they come into stock. They need to find a better way to combat them, but I’m not sure if these retailers actually care since a sale is a sale to them and it’s keeping demand high.

https://www.businessinsider.com/playstation-5-impossible-buy-at-launch-reseller-bots-yeezy-sneakers-2020-11

It’s almost impossible to compete against. Unless you also use a bot.

I guess it’s a big thing in the sneaker business. Scalpers use bots to buy any of the new popular sneaker launches to resell for double or more. I read that now a lot of those same people are focusing their energy on the consoles (due to lack of new sneaker launches of something iirc).

What's the chances these bots are made by Sony and Microsoft and its a way to sell their consoles for much more without looking like they are price gauging?

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting an Xbox Series X at best buy online last Saturday.  It came in for pick up on Thursday, but I picked it up yesterday.

Currently setting it up.

Also bought FIFA 21 and NHL 21 for 50 dollars combined at best buy on Monday, but went to Tops to buy a 50 dollar gift card for 40 dollars so it really only got 20 dollars each per game with tax and everything.

When I set up the Xbox this morning, I ended up doing the game pass for 1 dollar for 3 months.  Won't renew after that, but why not take advantage of the 3 worst weather months in Buffalo and try out some of those games.

It was much harder to get the PS5, but if I had my choice between either, I think I would have ended up with the Xbox.  Most my friends play on Xbox and I'm a huge Halo guy from the beginning.  Haven't played it in years because I haven't played any gaming in probably 8 years, but looking forward to trying out the new one when it comes out.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Ended up getting an Xbox Series X at best buy online last Saturday.  It came in for pick up on Thursday, but I picked it up yesterday.

Currently setting it up.

Also bought FIFA 21 and NHL 21 for 50 dollars combined at best buy on Monday, but went to Tops to buy a 50 dollar gift card for 40 dollars so it really only got 20 dollars each per game with tax and everything.

When I set up the Xbox this morning, I ended up doing the game pass for 1 dollar for 3 months.  Won't renew after that, but why not take advantage of the 3 worst weather months in Buffalo and try out some of those games.

It was much harder to get the PS5, but if I had my choice between either, I think I would have ended up with the Xbox.  Most my friends play on Xbox and I'm a huge Halo guy from the beginning.  Haven't played it in years because I haven't played any gaming in probably 8 years, but looking forward to trying out the new one when it comes out.

I just saw that NHL ‘94 rewind hit Game Pass. It’s today’s rosters but NHL ‘94 style. I haven’t had a chance to install it yet but I’m definitely going to check it out when I get a chance. Me and my friends used to have NHL ‘94 tournaments back in the day! 
NHL ‘94 and Blades of Steel are still probably my 2 favorite hockey games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.