Female dog names

Augie

5 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I currently have a Zoey & a Penny. Had a Maggy and a Daisy.

You could go with Peggy and call her Pegs for short. Or Jessy/Jessica.

Zoey is on the list. I like Maggie and Gabby, but don’t want the deceased MIL or niece to be offended. Another niece named Claire is called CoCo by her mom, and she’d be cool with it (awesome young lady, recently engaged) , but CoCo sounds like the name for a little dog. I don’t like yappy little dogs!  

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Is your wife a Bills fan? If not, it probably has to be something cryptic... like, not "The Amish Rifle."

Only other one that comes to mind is "Wheels," and I'm going way the ***** back to like the early 60s. {Elbert Dubenion AKA "Golden Wheels"}

Not really a “fan” as much as an understanding bystander. She’s the one who suggested a Bills name as an option. She was outnumbered for so many years she may not be “into it”, but she certainly “gets it”. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Zoey is on the list. I like Maggie and Gabby, but don’t want the deceased MIL or niece to be offended. Another niece named Claire is called CoCo by her mom, and she’d be cool with it (awesome young lady, recently engaged) , but CoCo sounds like the name for a little dog. I don’t like yappy little dogs!  

Don't get me started on little yappy dogs. Almost rather have a cat, almost.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not really a “fan” as much as an understanding bystander. She’s the one who suggested a Bills name as an option. She was outnumbered for so many years she may not be “into it”, but she certainly “gets it”. 

That's fair. My wife insisted on calling her Yorkie "ESPN" after watching "Blended." I was like -- "Please don't do that." She did that.

After being mercilessly ridiculed for years, she changed the name to "Espy."

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Carlton?

We have a golden named Stella.

My guess for what you're thinking is Christie

I’ve had a lot of beer named Stella. Good choice! 

Christie is a good one, but not what I was thinking. That kind of good thinking is the reason I’m holding out for better ideas than what I have. 

33 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No one has suggested Rose, Blanche, Dorothy, or Sophia yet? What better name for a golden girl?

HA! I’ll have to remember to forget all those names. 

I’m currently feeling like it will be “WHY ARE YOU PEEING ON MY RUG?” Or “Don’t you even think about it!” Not catchy, I know. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

About 72 hours ago our next “best friend” was born. She will be the companion to our current 11 year old Golden Retriever named Gracie. She’s coming from the same amazing breeder, and we get first pick of the females. 

My wife was going thru names and saw Buffy, thinking it might be meaningful. Nope, NOT having a Buffy. I threw out Kelly, she didn’t bite. Wondering if anyone has some Bills related suggestions for a female Golden.

Prior to the Bills connection idea, we were tentatively thinking Lexi, Chloe or Scout (her mother’s name, and last trip to NYC with her we saw To Kill a Mockingbird and had the best night in a LONG time!).  

Thoughts? 

I have one Bills related name I’m saving, curious to see if anyone hits on it. 

Gonna go with Karen... Anytime you have had enough licking you can say OK Karen!!:w00t:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.