How did the right side of the OL fare Sunday?

NewEra

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That’s what I see as well

Unfortunately, I think it starts with Morse.  He’s a general at Center and a great pass blocker but I don’t think he’s average at run blocking.  

Dawkins in the best overall lineman in both facets and is paid like it.  

I think that Cody Ford does have the potential to be a good run-block and overall a good guard but he has a lot to prove.  

The rest for the crew - Feliciano, Spain, Winters and Williams, I see as pretty average starters.

Of course, I might be grading a little hard but we should see over the next few weeks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Werent they a top 10 rushing offense last year?

Most of their yardage last year came with Devin running off tackle.  The majority of their yardage occurred over the first 12 weeks of season.  When they needed to grind out some tough yards  on the ground, including during the playoff game in Houston, they were not effective.  The Bills never eclipsed 100 yards after their big win in Denver in Week 12.  

They really seem to be a unit that struggled to establish a running a game.  

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

When Feliciano returns i'de try and trade Ford for a 3rd round pick before his value drops.

Surely it's far too early for this. The kid came from Oklahoma which is notorious (like other Big 12 schools) for simplified O-line play (2-point stances and wider alignments etc). He was always going to need some development and he's just switched positions again from OT to OG where most thought he projected better.

Obviously some mixed results on the field so far, but it's early and we've seen some growth (his performance against Denver last season comes to mind). All I'm saying is give the kid a chance before putting him on the trade block. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Surely it's far too early for this. The kid came from Oklahoma which is notorious (like other Big 12 schools) for simplified O-line play (2-point stances and wider alignments etc). He was always going to need some development and he's just switched positions again from OT to OG where most thought he projected better.

Obviously some mixed results on the field so far, but it's early and we've seen some growth (his performance against Denver last season comes to mind). All I'm saying is give the kid a chance before putting him on the trade block. 

I know it's early that's why i'de move on now. I don't want Feliciano on the bench and I don't want Ford at RT. So cut your losses now and try to get a 3rd round pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yea it is too early on Ford overall.  I just don’t think he can deal with quick edge rushers as a tackle.  I think he has a lot of potential as a guard and I do think he can help the Bills run game.  I’m willing to wait a few more games before making a determination on Ford

• Thank you (+1) 1

The O'line just is not that good at blocking or the scheme does not work well.  Morse is not physical in the middle.  Almost every player is better at pass blocking than run blocking with the notable exception of Feliciano.  

I would like to see Ford at RT and Winters at RG.  Give the current 5 another game to see how much of the poor performance was due to the Jets D and hope they get up early on the Dolphins. Then give Ford some snaps at RT and Winters some snaps at RG.  

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The O'line just is not that good at blocking or the scheme does not work well.  Morse is not physical in the middle.  Almost every player is better at pass blocking than run blocking with the notable exception of Feliciano.  

I would like to see Ford at RT and Winters at RG.  Give the current 5 another game to see how much of the poor performance was due to the Jets D and hope they get up early on the Dolphins. Then give Ford some snaps at RT and Winters some snaps at RG.  

This doesn't make any sense Mr. Winkle.

I think we should give Ford a little more time before we give up on him, my how we love to jump to conclusions to fast on players.....he's young and cheap, give it a few years 

Last week Milano was okay but not worth resigning and Edmounds was just average according to some, this week we are all praying they don't miss the game. 

was really happy with Williams play at RT against the jets...   

Edited by gordong

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

When Feliciano returns i'de try and trade Ford for a 3rd round pick before his value drops.

And use that third to draft a young RT or RG who we can spend time finding his correct position and developing into a solid contributor? 

I asked David Diehl this question one NFLR yesterday, and he said he’s watched the tape, and thought Ford played well, and didn’t see a big problem with Williams.  He said they pass protected better than run protection.  FWIW, as he was a pro bowl NFL Lineman and survived in the league for 13 years.  He doesn’t normally present as overly fluff, so I trust his evaluations on the Lines.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1