How did the right side of the OL fare Sunday?

NewEra

Haven’t gotten gamepass yet,  although I’ll probably break down and get it soon, was wondering if anyone took an in-depth look at how ford and Williams performed and who played where when they made subs.  

From what I remember, the left side seemed to have played OK pass blocking and below average run blocking.  The right side seemed to be average pass blocking and terrible run blocking.  I didn’t think the pass blocking was great because, while JA had lots of time most of the day, the Jets pass rush is a joke, and they still had 3 sacks. 

Edited by NewEra

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Williams was decent. Ford not great.

Do you think that's because Ford played his first game action at RG in the NFL? Williams can play guard. I wonder if we see them switch positions relatively soon if the oline in general continues to underperform?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Do you think that's because Ford played his first game action at RG in the NFL? Williams can play guard. I wonder if we see them switch positions relatively soon if the oline in general continues to underperform?

I would leave them where they are. Constantly switching Ford between tackle and guard is not going to help his development.  I said months ago I think Williams is the best right tackle on the roster but that if they moved Ford inside it was hard to go back. They have to stick to their guns IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would leave them where they are. Constantly switching Ford between tackle and guard is not going to help his development.  I said months ago I think Williams is the best right tackle on the roster but that if they moved Ford inside it was hard to go back. They have to stick to their guns IMO.

well that's kinda my point. One game will not be a constant change. If after 2 games and we get no better, I would seriously consider making the change. I think if Mongo didn't go down, Ford would remain the starting RT. I think maybe we should consider that replacing one starter on the line is still better than replacing two. just a thought

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with leaving them - want to see them against some different competition.

Also not to give excuses, but Ford in his first game had a lot of action against #3 pick Q. Williams.  He is a big strong pick that is pretty good in the run game.  Daryl Williams was going against a bunch of mush of the DEs on the Jets.  

I will give him a few games against maybe some lesser run stuffers to see if he can improve.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree with leaving them - want to see them against some different competition.

Also not to give excuses, but Ford in his first game had a lot of action against #3 pick Q. Williams.  He is a big strong pick that is pretty good in the run game.  Daryl Williams was going against a bunch of mush of the DEs on the Jets.  

I will give him a few games against maybe some lesser run stuffers to see if he can improve.

Definitely the tougher assignments against the Jets D are on the inside.

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I just don’t think the Bills OL is very good at run blocking - at least not between the tackles.  They never seem to get any push up the middle.  The team does much better running off tackle but they just aren’t good run blockers

That’s what I see as well