Masters Golf Tournament Ticket Lottery...

LabattBlue

On 9/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

My buddies and I are all in the lottery every year, but rarely win. We are all in Atlanta.

However, I have a friend up in Amherst, NY (registered for the lottery with an Amherst zip code), and he wins tickets like clockwork every stinking year.

Makes us think they do prioritize 1. Out of towners, from 2. "Fancy" neighborhoods.

Well I am an out of towner and have been in it for 15 years & never won.  Just got notified yesterday I didn't win for the 2021 Masters.  My buddie won tickets to the practice round this year but there not letting fans in.  I haven't talked to him in awhile but my guess is they just took whoever won this year & forward it to next year.  

& yes if I won tickets I would look to scalp.

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

Well I am an out of towner and have been in it for 15 years & never won.  Just got notified yesterday I didn't win for the 2021 Masters.  My buddie won tickets to the practice round this year but there not letting fans in.  I haven't talked to him in awhile but my guess is they just took whoever won this year & forward it to next year.  

& yes if I won tickets I would look to scalp.

Gotta upgrade from that 14086 to a 14228 :D:thumbsup:

My friends in Charlotte won the lottery for the first round a few years ago. I get the sad email every year.

In ‘94 I was in Augusta at Ft. Gordon for my Officers’ Basic Course. Some genius decided that the perfect week to send 70 lieutenants to the field was Masters Week. Back then, Ft. Gordon soldiers could buy practice round tickets for $10 (while supplies last). Our day finished at 1500, so seeing the course was still possible. I’m still bitter.