Mea culpa...I was wrong about Trent Murphy...

eball

It's early, I know, but judging by what Beane, McD, and his teammates said about him before last Sunday, and then watching his performance against the Jests, it is clear that I completely missed the boat on wanting him out of Buffalo.  I don't think players read this site but if they do, then Mr. Murphy, you have my sincere apology.

This Bills' DL is fierce, and Murphy is a significant part of that.

• Like (+1) 38
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, eball said:

It's early, I know, but judging by what Beane, McD, and his teammates said about him before last Sunday, and then watching his performance against the Jests, it is clear that I completely missed the boat on wanting him out of Buffalo.  I don't think players read this site but if they do, then Mr. Murphy, you have my sincere apology.

I always thought folks only objection to him was staying on the field.

When he's out there he seems solid. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

10 minutes ago, eball said:

In your defense, it was hard to know what we had since he was so often injured. Keep up that sack a game pace, and I will be very happy to see you collect someone else’s money! KEEP IT UP!  Our D could be absolutely ferocious! 

11 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I am right there with you. I wanted him gone, and I was impressed on Sunday. I’ll happily eat that crow. 

Zo said on a podcast that this is the first time Murphy has entered a season 100% healthy since becoming a Bill. Expects a solid season from him.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Tag Wawrow maybe he’ll pass it along. 

:) 

• Haha (+1) 1

Murphy was coming off injury when we signed him, and the coaches knew full well it would take some time to get up to par, as is usual it takes far longer to heal and be in top game day shape than most fans can tolerate.  There abouts a quarter of the way through last season he really started playing noticeably better and has shown to be staying at a high level of performance since then, SM said as much in PCs in the recent past. A lot of folk here get all riled up about his money, and act as if it’s coming out of their own pockets. Frankly I don’t give a flying “F” what any of these guys get paid (top 5% in wages nationally) as long as they play well, and he does. 

We have a good D and there is no reason to be getting rid of quality contributors.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, eball said:

Crow-plate.jpg

I'm one of the only ones that said to stop making him a Kelsay type whipping boy!! I'll be serving you all up some nice plates of crow throughout the season:wub:

56 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Our dline is going to destroy Miami. 

Fitz gets rid of the ball QUICK when he needs to. It's when he's at his best imo. Gosicki (sp?) is a handfull. 

Regarding Murphy, I'm one of the rare supporters! Even so, I didn't know until today about 7 sacks in 7 games. Keep it up!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Thanks for the update - most here would go on radio silence when they are wrong (even for a game).

Now - what about those who said cut Roberts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yea we know...

• Like (+1) 1