Buff News Fan Column on the game

Kelly the Dog

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If you’re an Allen hater or skeptic, you saw him gift the Jets with two aggravating fumbles and a couple of wild misses that were sure scores. He cost us 13-20 points, which you can’t do against good teams.

Great article except highlighted part.  There are no sure scores - you can get penalties, deserved or not, broken plays, etc.

You exaggerated to strengthen your argument and did the opposite.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Great article except highlighted part.  There are no sure scores - you can get penalties, deserved or not, broken plays, etc.

You exaggerated to strengthen your argument and did the opposite.

The two throws were both in the end zone with no penalties called and no one around either of them. To Brown and Knox. Those are all but sure scores to me with a good pass. The other points, a conservative estimate of only six points from two drives already inside the 30 I didn’t describe as “sure points.” I said 13-20 points which included the two TDs described before. So no exaggeration. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The two throws were both in the end zone with no penalties called and no one around either of them. To Brown and Knox. Those are all but sure scores to me with a good pass. The other points, a conservative estimate of only six points from two drives already inside the 30 I didn’t describe as “sure points.” I said 13-20 points which included the two TDs described before. So no exaggeration. ;) 

Even with good passes receivers drop passes.  Still not guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm back again doing a weekly column for the News. It's a fun gig and glad to be doing it again each week. Give it a read and a share and comment if you could. No animals will be hurt in the process.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/voice-of-the-fan-when-it-comes-to-josh-allen-you-can-see-whatever-you/article_1eee3d0a-f790-11ea-bd2b-4f1c790c9ee4.html

Here is a little excerpt...

Enjoyed the read and love your Addison nickname. Very well done.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought it was Chris Fischetti, the Bills little person trainer. 

Thanks, man. 

Yeah that’s who I thought. Chris Fischetti. 

Got it. Was fooled for a bit by the paunch and "haircut"😁

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Good to hear and look forward to the articles.

Have been wondering who Allen ran over on our sideline a few plays before his red zone fumble.

Looked like Daboll from one camera view with McD helping him back up.

Whoever it was, was a bigger dude and Allen sent him end over end. Easy to forget that Allen is a big dude.

It was hard to tell the height from the camera angle, but I thought it was trainer Chris Fischetti.  When someone helped him up, he could be seen to be wearing blue nitrile gloves

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The two throws were both in the end zone with no penalties called and no one around either of them. To Brown and Knox. Those are all but sure scores to me with a good pass. 

Great read as always, man.

I would only differ with you by not including that shot to Knox among Allen's list of errors. Never saw a replay but I thought at the time that he had damned near uncorked an Aaron Rodgers type throw. Wasn't he was flushed by pressure, on a hard sprintout to his left and had to shoot it 30+ yrds to a TE who didn't manage to move more than 2 feet to get a hand on it?

I thought it was only about 20" from being the kind of rip that people talk about til Wednesday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Great read as always, man.

I would only differ with you by not including that shot to Knox among Allen's list of errors. Never saw a replay but I thought at the time that he had damned near uncorked an Aaron Rodgers type throw. Wasn't he was flushed by pressure, on a hard sprintout to his left and had to shoot it 30+ yrds to a TE who didn't manage to move more than 2 feet to get a hand on it?

I thought it was only about 20" from being the kind of rip that people talk about til Wednesday.

That one was arguable. I was saying it was a “sure score” only from the POV of Allen haters and skeptics. It wasn’t an easy throw at all, but Knox was wide open in the end zone. I personally wouldn’t even think of it as a bad pass. Missed opportunity? Maybe.

He makes and made so many good throws I don’t understand why people get on him so much about inaccuracy. He’s fine and getting better. 

8 hours ago, BarkLessWagMore said:

really great read again.

I feel like this might be a Kelly the dog alter

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Even with good passes receivers drop passes.  Still not guaranteed.

I think your posts should be nit picked at that level