Buff News Fan Column on the game

Kelly the Dog

I'm back again doing a weekly column for the News. It's a fun gig and glad to be doing it again each week. Give it a read and a share and comment if you could. No animals will be hurt in the process.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/voice-of-the-fan-when-it-comes-to-josh-allen-you-can-see-whatever-you/article_1eee3d0a-f790-11ea-bd2b-4f1c790c9ee4.html

Here is a little excerpt...

In this most bizarre of NFL offseasons and opening days, Bills fans were not allowed to witness the 27-17 shellacking of the New Jersey Jets live at Bills Stadium. But on television, from anywhere on Earth, you could see whatever you wanted to see – about the league, game, franchise and its franchise quarterback, Josh Allen.

For Allen, reception is reality.

His receivers had 33 of them for 312 yards and two TDs. Allen had no interceptions and a 104 passer rating.

If you’re an Allen fan, and wanted to see progression, he went through them and was consistently on target. He checked down, checked off, and checked all the boxes. He tooketh what was giveth him and taketh away much of his criticisms. His 300-yard bugaboo vaporized.

If you’re an Allen hater or skeptic, you saw him gift the Jets with two aggravating fumbles and a couple of wild misses that were sure scores. He cost us 13-20 points, which you can’t do against good teams.

But it was Sam Darnold who looked like what Allen detractors see in Allen. Inaccurate. Ill-advised throws. Little awareness. Not taking the team on his shoulders regardless of his teammates or coaches...

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Whipping Boy, Trent Murphy, whom many Bills fans wanted to be dropkicked, whipped past Jets offensive tackles for a sack and sound run defense. Don’t look now, but Murphy has seven sacks and two forced fumbles in his last seven games.

I see what you did there. :thumbsup:

I noticed Murphy right away for a good play. And then noticed him all day, for other good plays.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm back again doing a weekly column for the News. It's a fun gig and glad to be doing it again each week. Give it a read and a share and comment if you could. No animals will be hurt in the process.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/voice-of-the-fan-when-it-comes-to-josh-allen-you-can-see-whatever-you/article_1eee3d0a-f790-11ea-bd2b-4f1c790c9ee4.html

Here is a little excerpt...

In this most bizarre of NFL offseasons and opening days, Bills fans were not allowed to witness the 27-17 shellacking of the New Jersey Jets live at Bills Stadium. But on television, from anywhere on Earth, you could see whatever you wanted to see – about the league, game, franchise and its franchise quarterback, Josh Allen.

For Allen, reception is reality.

His receivers had 33 of them for 312 yards and two TDs. Allen had no interceptions and a 104 passer rating.

If you’re an Allen fan, and wanted to see progression, he went through them and was consistently on target. He checked down, checked off, and checked all the boxes. He tooketh what was giveth him and taketh away much of his criticisms. His 300-yard bugaboo vaporized.

If you’re an Allen hater or skeptic, you saw him gift the Jets with two aggravating fumbles and a couple of wild misses that were sure scores. He cost us 13-20 points, which you can’t do against good teams.

But it was Sam Darnold who looked like what Allen detractors see in Allen. Inaccurate. Ill-advised throws. Little awareness. Not taking the team on his shoulders regardless of his teammates or coaches...

Delighted to see it is still going KtD. Happy I played a small part in it coming about. You do an excellent job.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I see what you did there. :thumbsup:

I noticed Murphy right away for a good play. And then noticed him all day, for other good plays.

Underrated band. :thumbsup:

Dropkick is still pretty good for the Bills and they just need him to do what he is doing. I was surprised to see the seven sax in seven games stat (which is counting the playoff game).

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Delighted to see it is still going KtD. Happy I played a small part in it coming about. You do an excellent job.

Much obliged, Gunner. Thanks again for yourself and SDS being the impetus for this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Well done, brother.

Thanks, sailor.

31 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Great read! I appreciate you sharing. 😃 

Much appreciated, fellow dog.

14 minutes ago, stevewin said:

So one thing - Daboll is both on and off the hotseat then?

Depending who you are, sure. As Josh said, it's "Overreaction Monday." ;)

59 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Well done, "the blow holes", I like that

Seemed apropos.

Good to hear and look forward to the articles.

Have been wondering who Allen ran over on our sideline a few plays before his red zone fumble.

Looked like Daboll from one camera view with McD helping him back up.

Whoever it was, was a bigger dude and Allen sent him end over end. Easy to forget that Allen is a big dude.

21 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Have been wondering who Allen ran over on our sideline a few plays before his red zone fumble.

Whoever it was, was a bigger dude and Allen sent him end over end. Easy to forget that Allen is a big dude.

He's a midget (little person? sorry). So not really.

24 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I thought it was Chris Fischetti, the Bills little person trainer. 

20 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Nice read Kelly, good stuff!

Thanks, man. 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He's a midget (little person? sorry). So not really.

Yeah that’s who I thought. Chris Fischetti. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

My heart tells me Josh will eventually clean up these mistakes. My mind is not so sure. Josh is so ridiculously talented yet so unbelievably frustrating. 

He’s really reckless with the ball when he runs. And he has changed very little in that regard since he started. He is, however, smart, coachable, cutting down on other kinds of mistakes as he plays more. I think and hope he gets this right soon. 

The second one was kind of a fluke. That kind of fumble isn’t likely to happen again or much. The first one he was just unaware of the tackler. That cannot happen. Gotta be smarter.