What will be Josh Allen's best game statistically in 2020?

I believe he’ll have more passing yds in one more game at least. Maybe not by much. But we also forget this was the first time Diggs & Allen player together. I also predict Allen to have at least one 4TD game. And I believe he’ll go for more than 57 rushing yds in at least one more game. Maybe not all in the same game, but where I used to think he was a gazelle in the field, he’s a Boar. He’s like a mix of Cam and Big Ben. If he continues to put in the work (which I believe he will), he can be better than Cam as a passer and a runner. 

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do agree that 300 yards can be overrated but averaging under 200 yards passing/ game for a year is just bad. 

I have never been one of the 300 yard game guys.... it normally just proves your defense stinks. Josh Allen's performance as a passe on Sunday would have been no less impressive if he had finished on 297 yards. But what I do think is the next step we need to see from him is to be able to register big passing yards in a competitive game. You can only beat what is in front of you but we all know the Jets are dire and I want to see him do it in a game where every time we get the ball in the second half we need to score. The Eagles game was the only game last year that really fell into that category and while I certainly don't blame Josh for that defeat the offense wasn't able to keep up when the defense had its worst day. That is the next test. But it is encouraging that Josh is meeting these tests and ticking more and more boxes as he goes.

How many of those games might we be in this year? I doubt many, but if our linebackers are down maybe that changes things.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Do you think he'll have a game with more total yards, TD'S, or higher comp %?

I can see TDs as a possibility as he's topped 3 TD's already in his career.

I think he have more yards and TDs, his percentage was quite high so that may not be beat.  

I look at the his play as a hole.  He could have 400 yards but if there was 4 INTs the total yardage doesn't matter.  

The team would have been better off if his stats were lower but no fumbles. 

Either way I thought he looked good and would like less designed runs so there is less risk of injury.  Without him it could be tough to win.  

3 hours ago, artmalibu said:

I think he have more yards and TDs, his percentage was quite high so that may not be beat.  

I look at the his play as a hole.  He could have 400 yards but if there was 4 INTs the total yardage doesn't matter.  

The team would have been better off if his stats were lower but no fumbles. 

Either way I thought he looked good and would like less designed runs so there is less risk of injury.  Without him it could be tough to win.  

Jets secondary stinks compared to Miami so we'll get a better idea of what Josh's game will be this season week 2 but what I found interesting is pretty much everything was under 15 yards. There were no shot plays, and it doesn't seem like any were called. We're going to see a lot of deeper routes this week I believe. We've got 2 of the better deep route runners in the league. 

That said one thing I'm still very worried about is how long Josh holds the football. It seemed the plan was to get the ball out quick on shorter routes due to Jets pressure scheme but Josh still lead week 1 in holding the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, artmalibu said:

When talking best stats, I will claim he could complete less passes and have less yards and have  "better stats" if there are no turnovers. 

I dont think he will have 46 pass attempts in many games.   

He will vs the Chiefs

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Do you think he'll have a game with more total yards, TD'S, or higher comp %?

I can see TDs as a possibility as he's topped 3 TD's already in his career.

yes to yards and TDs

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Jets at home was likely the easiest game on our schedule. But that doesn't mean Josh can't better some of those stats in other games. He actually had games above 72% last year.... but in smaller sample sizes obviously. In terms of passing yards, I could see him beating that in a shootout somewhere down the line.... whether we win or lose that game.

Also a lot depends on the Bills running game. If the run blocking and running backs' hole hitting doesn't improve on what we saw Sunday then Josh might need to throw a lot more.

well - committing to the run would be helpful

12 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think he’ll go over 400yds a few times..

Victory Formation, my good friend, you are spot on per usual! YE OLE believes these talking heads on TV that consistently talk about Buffalo being a "power running" team and relying on the defense and all this could not be further from the truth. The Bills may have an elite defense, but they are not building an offense to ground and pound. This is year 3 of Allen, who they picked to be their franchise QB. Not only should he be able to start winning games with his arm, they need to see it this year to start determining his future. Obviously the addition of Diggs only adds to the fact that they plan on airing it out. There may be games or stretches where it gets dialed back per the game plan, but YE OLE thinks it is a certainty that we will see more games where Josh gets 46+ attempts this year and if he is who we think he is, he will eclipse 400 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doesn't bode well for his final grade does it. Just joking.

No his game was good but I subtracted for the fumbles and missed TD throws. Take away 1 fumble alone and I would've gave it a B easily. No fumbles and the missed TD to Brown and he leads a 40+ point scoring day with maybe 5 TDS.

I don't think Josh will be better than that week 1 performance.

extreme science here

9 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Ask me in January. 

remind me

I'll probably forget

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you need to factor in the opponent for best game.  The Jets looked like the worst team in the nfl.  They were so dumb and gave us multiple 1st downs on 3rd down.  They are trash.

so if Allen has like 250, 1 td and 0 ints against Seattle, that would be a better game to me than beating up on New Jersey, 

Eh, you can say that for every qb though.  I do agree that 300 yards can be overrated but averaging under 200 yards passing/ game for a year is just bad. 

jets? 

Did they give it, or did we take it?

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Turnovers are huge. I'm glad McDermott said what he said. The turnovers actually changed the game and made the Bills work a little harder.

People downplaying a major Josh Allen weakness for whatever reason. 

Pretty much everyone thinks he needs to clean up the fumbling problem and many have suggested he talk to someone like Tiki Barber who overcame a propensity to lose the ball.

Regards a prior comment you made about Josh holding the ball. Seems to me it depends on if he is holding the ball longer because he is having trouble reading the field or if he is holding the ball longer because he is waiting for something to open up and he knows he can throw late with his cannon and get it there. The latter may be somewhat reckless, but it can result in a big reward. The former is something you want to go away as your qb matures obviously.

Edited by Dr. Who

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Turnovers are huge. I'm glad McDermott said what he said. The turnovers actually changed the game and made the Bills work a little harder.

People downplaying a major Josh Allen weakness for whatever reason. 

Disagree

I think most have acknowledged his fumbling - myself included. If you think this is going to be his best performance, you're in for a surprise.

14 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think he’ll go over 400yds a few times..

I read this time and time again on this board as though there is some obsession with Josh throwing for 400 yards or more.

If Josh is throwing for 400 yards or more, that likely means we're losing late in the game and Josh is piling up alot of garbage yards in the 4th trying to catch up.

If you don't believe me look at Dak Prescotts 400+ yard games

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm going to say we just saw it. But what does everyone think his best game statistically in 2020 will look like? Will he top any of his week 1 stats? 71 completion %, 369 yards, and 3 TDs?

Possible this is it in terms of total yardage and completion percentage. But I think he has a 5 TD game in him at some point this season. Also, he had two turnovers in the Jets game. 

He could have a 320 total yard, 3 TD and zero turn over game against a top 10 team like the Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks or 49ers which I would put as a better game than this last one.