What will be Josh Allen's best game statistically in 2020?

31 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

When talking best stats, I will claim he could complete less passes and have less yards and have  "better stats" if there are no turnovers. 

I dont think he will have 46 pass attempts in many games.   

Do you think he'll have a game with more total yards, TD'S, or higher comp %?

I can see TDs as a possibility as he's topped 3 TD's already in his career.

I think the Jets at home was likely the easiest game on our schedule. But that doesn't mean Josh can't better some of those stats in other games. He actually had games above 72% last year.... but in smaller sample sizes obviously. In terms of passing yards, I could see him beating that in a shootout somewhere down the line.... whether we win or lose that game.

Also a lot depends on the Bills running game. If the run blocking and running backs' hole hitting doesn't improve on what we saw Sunday then Josh might need to throw a lot more.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Jets at home was likely the easiest game on our schedule. But that doesn't mean Josh can't better some of those stats in other games. He actually had games above 72% last year.... but in smaller sample sizes obviously. In terms of passing yards, I could see him beating that in a shootout somewhere down the line.... whether we win or lose that game.

Also a lot depends on the Bills running game. If the run blocking and running backs' hole hitting doesn't improve on what we saw Sunday then Josh might need to throw a lot more.

Agree with this. Also depends on Daboll and the game plan for each game. If Josh is directed to take what the D will give him each week, the higher percentage completions may continue. Add in YAC and numbers could go up. 

I think he will easily top his throwing yards this season. 312 is very good, especially for him in this offense but there will be games where we need to score TDs in the second half and he will need to air it out. 1 or 2 deep balls will be caught that do wonders for your yardage total.

Also 3 TDs isnt that difficult to beat, heck he shoulda had at least 4 in this game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm going to say we just saw it. But what does everyone think his best game statistically in 2020 will look like? Will he top any of his week 1 stats? 71 completion %, 369 yards, and 3 TDs?

so you feel it will be his best performance all year, yet you still graded it a C?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm going to say we just saw it. But what does everyone think his best game statistically in 2020 will look like? Will he top any of his week 1 stats? 71 completion %, 369 yards, and 3 TDs?

Yes,  in the Super Bowl. 😎

Edited by gordong

I think Josh's best game this year comes against the Pats on 11/1. Our whole team gets the monkey off of their back in that matchup. We dominate from start to finish on both sides of the ball. Josh goes for 350 yds passing, 3 TD's, 50 yds rushing, and another TD without any turnovers. Bills 38 - Pats 13.

37 minutes ago, teef said:

so you feel it will be his best performance all year, yet you still graded it a C?

Doesn't bode well for his final grade does it. Just joking.

No his game was good but I subtracted for the fumbles and missed TD throws. Take away 1 fumble alone and I would've gave it a B easily. No fumbles and the missed TD to Brown and he leads a 40+ point scoring day with maybe 5 TDS.

I don't think Josh will be better than that week 1 performance.

Truthfully, his best bet for huge passing stats would probably be against Kansas City.

Unless we are engaged in a shootout, our coaching staff is unlikely to keep the foot on the pedal with the passing game.  It's just not Sean McDermott's style.  And there aren't too many offenses in the NFL that I think can get the better of our defense for an entire game.  Most teams are going to struggle to break 20 against us (we only allowed over 24 points once last season), and that isn't a great recipe for the QB to have big numbers.

That's why I think the "300-yard game" talk is silly.  There were a handful of games last year where Josh Allen was on pace to throw for 300-400 yards early in the game, but then we got the lead and started running out clock in the second half.

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Josh will be 24 of 29.....356 yds....46 yds running, no fumbles, no interceptions........IN OUR SUPERBOWL VICTORY!

Also, PFF points to those five incompletions as further evidence that Allen is inaccurate and will never be a quality NFL starter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think you need to factor in the opponent for best game.  The Jets looked like the worst team in the nfl.  They were so dumb and gave us multiple 1st downs on 3rd down.  They are trash.

so if Allen has like 250, 1 td and 0 ints against Seattle, that would be a better game to me than beating up on New Jersey, 

17 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Truthfully, his best bet for huge passing stats would probably be against Kansas City.

Unless we are engaged in a shootout, our coaching staff is unlikely to keep the foot on the pedal with the passing game.  It's just not Sean McDermott's style.  And there aren't too many offenses in the NFL that I think can get the better of our defense for an entire game.  Most teams are going to struggle to break 20 against us (we only allowed over 24 points once last season), and that isn't a great recipe for the QB to have big numbers.

That's why I think the "300-yard game" talk is silly.  There were a handful of games last year where Josh Allen was on pace to throw for 300-400 yards early in the game, but then we got the lead and started running out clock in the second half.

Eh, you can say that for every qb though.  I do agree that 300 yards can be overrated but averaging under 200 yards passing/ game for a year is just bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, you can say that for every qb though.  I do agree that 300 yards can be overrated but averaging under 200 yards passing/ game for a year is just bad. 

Statistically, Josh did not have a good season last year.  Nobody really contests that.

The optimism surrounding him is based on how much he's progressed.... from college to his rookie year... then from his rookie year to his sophomore year... and now from his sophomore year to the early glimpses we've gotten in 2020.  Considering how many QBs regress after hitting the pros, or after showing promise as rookies, it's exciting to see a guy gradually getting better.

So far, Allen's early career-arc reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger. 

Early in his career, Big Ben was considered more of a game-manager.  The Steelers were built on defense, defense, defense, and some really good coaching.  The QB very rarely posted big numbers, and was really just there not to make mistakes.  Of course, the key was that when his team really needed a play, Roethlisberger would almost always rise to the occasion.  As time went along, the Pittsburgh defense became less dominant.  And that is when focus started shifting to the offense, and Big Ben started putting up big stats.

• Like (+1) 1