Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KingBoots8

Why Your Team Sucks 2020: Buffalo Bills

Recommended Posts

I was wondering what happened to these.  I gotta say that it was a letdown.  Read some other team's write-ups and those are meh too.  I think he's confused about the accent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Marketing is sales without accountability.

Digital marketing / advertising needs to die. Talk about  a waste of resources.

So how are products or services suppose to acquire new customers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

So how are products or services suppose to acquire new customers? 

 

In the digital space, not by banner ads, cookies, pop ups and autoplay videos.

These all degrade the user experience, and the conversion rates are pitiful. We often see <0.01% leads/site visitors at my company, and those are just leads!

Say what you want about Defector, or any of these sites, but $80-$100 a year really isn't much to get content you value without being pummeled by spam.

Sales + business development, doing the dirty work, always have and always will be the revenue generators.

 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Marketing is sales without accountability.

Digital marketing / advertising needs to die. Talk about  a waste of resources.

 

The greatest marketing trick Marketing ever pulled was rebranding itself from Propaganda to Marketing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

 

In the digital space, not by banner ads, cookies, pop ups and autoplay videos.

These all degrade the user experience, and the conversion rates are pitiful. We often see <0.01% leads/site visitors at my company, and those are just leads!

Say what you want about Defector, or any of these sites, but $80-$100 a year really isn't much to get content you value.

Sales + business development, doing the dirty work, always have and always will be the revenue generators.

 

Fair enough, there is a lot of wasted ad spend but a lot of it is accurately targeted. I work sales/biz dev in the digital marketing industry,  so I do know all the pros & cons and many ads aren’t aimed at efficiency and optimization. I just billieve the fall of Deadspin had little to do with the ads on their site and more to do with the content. If valuable users regularly visited the site, the ad space would be much more expensive and the junk ads wouldn't afford to bombard the sites users

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Fair enough, there is a lot of wasted ad spend but a lot of it is accurately targeted. I work sales/biz dev in the digital marketing industry,  so I do know all the pros & cons and many ads aren’t aimed at efficiency and optimization. I just billieve the fall of Deadspin had little to do with the ads on their site and more to do with the content. If valuable users regularly visited the site, the ad space would be much more expensive and the junk ads wouldn't afford to bombard the sites users

 

The content was certainly different and best read occasionally. They had a few gems over the years (ex. SI becoming a content mill, Nathan Peterman).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To each is own. 

 

Comedy is a tough beast. Perhaps the masses are sick of the SJW, BLM, Trump obsession (what does have to do with the Bills?) and racist BS over and over and over. Or not. Whatevs.  

 

 

 

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

 

The content was certainly different and best read occasionally. They had a few gems over the years (ex. SI becoming a content mill, Nathan Peterman).

 

 

 

At the height of it, it was good and relevant, they were the ones that broke the Manti Te'o story.  They just went too far politically & calling everyone racist, that even people that agreed with their takes thought it was overkill. That and Hulk Hogan suited the pants off of Gawker. 

 

Edited by uticaclub
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...