Edit: NFL removes Bass's kick from All-22 video

Da webster guy

15 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Carbon Fiber goal posts that are extended 20 ft higher. 

How about just a laser/infared beam that goes straight up from top of goalposts ffs seriously with todays tech you(or i mean the NFL) cant even get a FG right??? REALLY??

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CBennett said:

How about just a laser/infared beam that goes straight up from top of goalposts ffs seriously with todays tech you(or i mean the NFL) cant even get a FG right??? REALLY??

I agree, there has to be something that they can do. 

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

I thought all scoring plays were reviewed...or is that not a scoring play because it was determined no good? In that case could it have been challenged?

I saw something that said if it is over the goalposts that it is not reviewable. 

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2 things:

1- FG’s are only reviewable when the ball is clearly between the bars.... and at that point it needs review, why?... 

2- the play is not only missing from the All-22, but they subbed in a different play???? Seriously? WTF NFL!

I honestly didn’t think much of it until I saw that they removed it from the all 22. That’s shady af

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I honestly didn’t think much of it until I saw that they removed it from the all 22. That’s shady af

I mean, it’s a problem in of itself but who cares. Kick better next time and remove all doubt.

Removing it from the All 22 and putting a separate kick in like it wouldn’t be noticed? That’s just idiotic. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/16/2020 at 4:39 AM, Ecmic82 said:

Don't know about this particular kick, but agree there's no reason not to have tech installed to conclusively solve the problem. Could easily put a camera onto each post pointing directly upward, or a camera fitted into the end of each goalpost, pointed upward with a field of vision equal the goalpost's diameter.

Why not change the goal post design to put a horizontal bar at the top...That way your kick is only good if it went through the Uprights as well as within the given height.....I just don't get the NFL's  fascination with "ambiguity" in several areas.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jauronimo said:

So you admit that there is no camera angle which definitively proves the ball above the upright but you clearly saw the ball pass between the uprights by several feet?  

Who is uncertain on whether a kick can be reviewed?  You can throw the challenge flag on an non-reviewable play and nothing happens.  He missed the kick.  Get a grip.

Throwing a challenge flag on a non-reviewable or automatically reviewed play is actually a penalty.  That’s certainly something. 

• Like (+1) 3