Jump to content
Da webster guy

Edit: NFL removes Bass's kick from All-22 video

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

In neither shot has the ball crossed the end line correct - by the top one the ball is already right in line with upright and it looks like it still has a bit of distance to get to the upright.

 

Now picture a guy standing behind and looking up - take each shot maybe 2 or 3 more frames to get it to the end line and past the upright into the vision of the Ref.  Is it any wonder why it was called no good?

 

Imagine the top picture if the post is extended up 5-10 feet - it is doinking right into the post and most likely bouncing out.

 

I mean in the minor distance between the bottom shot and the top shot (which seems a bit closer) it appears the ball moved a full football or more to the right.  Take that one or two more frames and it is on the outside as it is moving more to the right than it is forward at that point.  This movement is further shown by the fact in the slow motion replay - the ball hit the netting after traveling 4/5 of the way across the Toyota sign that you can barely see in the bottom frame.

 

By all means though - if it makes you feel better the NFL screwed us out of 3 points in a blow out for no apparent reason.  
 

I tend to believe since the best shots we have are of these long angle replays that are totally inconclusive because we do not have the required reference point of the end line - that perhaps the Referee doing his job and in the proper position to actually judge it - called it as he saw it from right below and behind the upright.  It was not blown, it was not a screw job.  It was a kick that was a hairs breath either of being good or wide right and if the kick had been a few feet lower or the posts a few feet higher - we would have conclusive evidence, but since it isn’t - the call on the field stands.

 


And took money out of the pockets of people that picked the over on the prop correctly


and

 

gave free money to people that picked the under on the prop incorrectly.  
 

Betting changes ones thought process regarding this. Just because you and others don’t wager often, you don’t think with this mindset.  Millions of people do.  When billions are being bet, they should do everything in their power to make sure they have cameras, or other technology that can help definitively prove the result of each play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewEra said:


And took money out of the pockets of people that picked the over on the prop correctly


and

 

gave free money to people that picked the under on the prop incorrectly.  
 

Betting changes ones thought process regarding this. Just because you and others don’t wager often, you don’t think with this mindset.  Millions of people do.  When billions are being bet, they should do everything in their power to make sure they have cameras, or other technology that can help definitively prove the result of each play.


 

Why - They are not getting the money.  You are choosing to bet on their product.  You know the rules - this can happen at any time.

 

A pass interference call allowing a late field goal.  A missed field goal.  A team driving and then scoring or kneeling.  There are a million ways that people make or miss a prop bet.

 

To be ticked because a third quarter kick was missed and blaming that on you missing your bet is just stupid.  We have no idea how the game plays out - from that point forward everything else would be different.

 

You make the bet - the NFL does not need to provide you anything else.  They play the game - the technology they use should be for them and the teams.  If it helps bettors great, but that should not be even a tiny piece of the though process.

 

People have bet on the game before technology, replay, and widespread television rights.  The outcome is the outcome.  If they want to fix this because it is in the best interest of the game great.  If you are suggesting they should fix it for gambling - I could not care less.  It is called gambling - people win and people lose and life goes on.  
 

I am sorry if you lost money on a kick that was wide and was called no good - sounds to me like the bookies had the over/under set right and you were on the wrong side.  If I was you - I would be more upset at the Jets late meaningless TD which for many people put the game into an over at 40 which was the suggested Over/under on many sites.  Maybe if you had it higher - you should be ticked about your sports book as the numbers change and find one that improves your odds.
 

Overall - I guess I would say I have no feelings at all for bettors - it is gambling and you win some and you lose some.  Get over it or stop betting.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

Why - They are not getting the money.  You are choosing to bet on their product.  You know the rules - this can happen at any time.

 

A pass interference call allowing a late field goal.  A missed field goal.  A team driving and then scoring or kneeling.  There are a million ways that people make or miss a prop bet.

 

To be ticked because a third quarter kick was missed and blaming that on you missing your bet is just stupid.  We have no idea how the game plays out - from that point forward everything else would be different.

 

You make the bet - the NFL does not need to provide you anything else.  They play the game - the technology they use should be for them and the teams.  If it helps bettors great, but that should not be even a tiny piece of the though process.

 

People have bet on the game before technology, replay, and widespread television rights.  The outcome is the outcome.  If they want to fix this because it is in the best interest of the game great.  If you are suggesting they should fix it for gambling - I could not care less.  It is called gambling - people win and people lose and life goes on.  
 

I am sorry if you lost money on a kick that was wide and was called no good - sounds to me like the bookies had the over/under set right and you were on the wrong side.  If I was you - I would be more upset at the Jets late meaningless TD which for many people put the game into an over at 40 which was the suggested Over/under on many sites.  Maybe if you had it higher - you should be ticked about your sports book as the numbers change and find one that improves your odds.
 

Overall - I guess I would say I have no feelings at all for bettors - it is gambling and you win some and you lose some.  Get over it or stop betting.  

I didn’t lose money.  Thanks for your concern though
 

They should try and get it right....because they can.  
 

You don’t think they should try and get it right....because who cares about betting and remember the 80s.

 

Cool.  Your side of the story doesn’t make as much sense as mine. To each their own. 
 

It’ll be fun when this happens in a playoff game....or in a play that is more relevant in determining a winner.  
 

there’s no reason not to add technology....except money and effort 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by NewEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the folks who always believe conspiracy theories ever pause and wonder why (i) they are almost always disproven, and (ii) the people allegedly behind the conspiracies (like the NFL and the Federal government) are so utterly incompetent they can barely pull off doing their jobs in the broad daylight, let alone a carefully orchestrated deception or coverup?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

These are 2 stop screen pics, about a second apart.

 

BOTH show the ball inside the Right Upright.

 

The NFL blew it and obviously some HD digital review cameras are essential.

 

 

BCB6E23B-0232-43B6-A198-59862D881E5D.jpeg

And the other...

 

 

72516AEB-B9BA-4405-9533-3556AA4BD4FC.jpeg


look at the picture more closely 

 

one has a car and WHITE on the right 

 

one has RED on the right. 
 

Looks like 2 different kicks 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


look at the picture more closely 

 

one has a car and WHITE on the right 

 

one has RED on the right. 
 

Looks like 2 different kicks 

 

 


 

Most Likely the same kick - the car is between the uprights and can be seen from a distance, the red is a Toyota sign that was outside the uprights on both the left and right.

 

The difference is the amount of zoom and the camera angle - which is why neither picture really tells you anything - along with the fact the ball is still short of the end line - most likely.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t lose money.  Thanks for your concern though
 

They should try and get it right....because they can.  
 

You don’t think they should try and get it right....because who cares about betting and remember the 80s.

 

Cool.  Your side of the story doesn’t make as much sense as mine. To each their own. 
 

It’ll be fun when this happens in a playoff game....or in a play that is more relevant in determining a winner.  
 

there’s no reason not to add technology....except money and effort 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

This is exactly what I said - they should fix it for the game.

 

Your argument about bettors should not matter.

 

If they want to make it right for the game - great, but don’t do it because some people lose money and some people win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

Most Likely the same kick - the car is between the uprights and can be seen from a distance, the red is a Toyota sign that was outside the uprights on both the left and right.

 

The difference is the amount of zoom and the camera angle - which is why neither picture really tells you anything - along with the fact the ball is still short of the end line - most likely.


 

This is exactly what I said - they should fix it for the game.

 

Your argument about bettors should not matter.

 

If they want to make it right for the game - great, but don’t do it because some people lose money and some people win.


I didn’t say betting is the ONLY reason they should try and get the call right.  It is one of the many reasons. Whether YOU think it matters or not is greatly irrelevant.    

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Do the folks who always believe conspiracy theories ever pause and wonder why (i) they are almost always disproven, and (ii) the people allegedly behind the conspiracies (like the NFL and the Federal government) are so utterly incompetent they can barely pull off doing their jobs in the broad daylight, let alone a carefully orchestrated deception or coverup?

I'm with you on this one, my more complicated the proposed cover up, the less likely it is correct or could happen. People are incompetent but more importantly , pople like to brag when things go correctly. That's where they fall apart if you ask me.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone would disagree that the NFL hates controversy, but all too often their response to potential controversy is denial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


look at the picture more closely 

 

one has a car and WHITE on the right 

 

one has RED on the right. 
 

Looks like 2 different kicks 

 

 


OF COURSE, it’s the same pic... a second apart.
I took them.

 

The second one is before the first- just a closeup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was 1/1 on FGs today and 4/4 for EPs.  Plus all TBs on KOs.  OK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was 1/1 on FGs today and 4/4 for EPs.  Plus all TBs on KOs.  OK?

Hell yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...