Edit: NFL removes Bass's kick from All-22 video

Da webster guy

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think the All-22 would give us another angle, but that camera is not positioned above the goalpost - not sure it provides a much better view than the 2 shots we already have.

We need a view of exactly what the Ref saw.  The Ref was in the right spot - under and slightly behind the upright looking up - the only view point on the field that can tell the exact position as it crosses the end line.

No, we don't need the exact view of what the ref saw.  There are other camera angles than can capture what the truth was  and we don't know where the cameras are placed in the stadium. 

Again the All-22 was tampered with when leaving it alone, if the kick was truly wide, would have proven the ref got it right.  You only tamper with stuff if you don't want the truth discovered.

Just now, Doc said:

No, we don't need the exact view of what the ref saw.  There are other camera angles than can capture what the truth was  and we don't know where the cameras are placed in the stadium. 

Again the All-22 was tampered with when leaving it alone, if the kick was truly wide, would have proven the ref got it right.  You only tamper with stuff if you don't want the truth discovered.

how do you know that there was another angle?

did you see one on TV? 

did you record it somehow?

Jesus, we won the freaking game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

how do you know that there was another angle?

did you see one on TV? 

did you record it somehow?

Jesus, we won the freaking game. 

The All-22 is another angle or angles that isn't/aren't provided to the anyone other than the coaches and a select group of people.  So that's how I know.

And the larger issue is this happening in a  playoff game or SB that is decided by a kick like this.  Luckily it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but even still, the NFL should be trying to get things right every time, regardless of the importance of the game or kick, while editing footage is crooked.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People please! The ref stands under the goal post. This is NOT a thing, nor should it be. Geeez

The ref stands near the EZ line too, then why are all scoring plays reviewed ?

Two points:

- If true, there was no reason to remove the part from the All-22

- Going forward, there is no reason tech should not be applied to remove doubts about validity of FGs. With uprights being so high up, there is no way the angles would help to definitively say whether the kick was good or not. An opportunity to improve

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The All-22 is another angle or angles that isn't/aren't provided to the anyone other than the coaches and a select group of people.  So that's how I know.

And the larger issue is this happening in a  playoff game or SB that is decided by a kick like this.  Luckily it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but even still, the NFL should be trying to get things right every time, regardless of the importance of the game or kick, while editing footage is crooked.

but do you know if it EVER existed?

were all the other FG’s on the all 22?

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Do I know if footage of the kick ever existed?  Why wouldn't it?  And why wouldn't the other kicks be on there?  Do you think a malfunction occurred just at the moment the ball went through the uprights?

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

There won't be conclusive video evidence that the kick was good but it was. I guarantee if anyone cared enough, a physicist could tell you that based on the trajectory of the kick, the speed of the kick, and where it hit the net, it must have been inside the uprights when it crossed over the crossbar. It looks obvious to me but I'm no physicist so I can't give you the actual numbers behind it.

It's kinda like one of those plays in basketball where a player swipes his hand left but the ball is deflected out of bounds to the right and the ref says it was off that player. The physics of the play tell you that it's impossible but you can't just tell the ref that what they just called is physically impossible lol. I say this from experience...one of my basketball coaches growing up was an actual physicist and he used to make this argument to refs all the time and he received a technical foul every time.

you guarantee what physics may show, but don't know physics. quite the guarantee!

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do I know if footage of the kick ever existed?  Why wouldn't it?  And why wouldn't the other kicks be on there?  Do you think a malfunction occurred just at the moment the ball went through the uprights?

Doc this is almost like saying the government deleted all proof Aliens exist. 

I want to believe but. 

Just now, SWATeam said:

The all 22 is every play

got a link so I can see it?

Doc this is almost like saying the government deleted all proof Aliens exist. 

I want to believe but. 

got a link so I can see it?

see what?

The all 22 is the coaches film of every teams play every week.  For some reason, the kick in question was removed and replaced with a different kick.  It is all documented earlier in the thread.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

see what?

The all 22 is the coaches film of every teams play every week.  For some reason, the kick in question was removed and replaced with a different kick.  It is all documented earlier in the thread.

I get the concept 

but where is the proof?

I get the concept 

but where is the proof?

I have no idea what you are talking about.  What proof?  Proof that the NFL removed the kick?  The proof is in the game film which does not contain that play.

Just now, SWATeam said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.  What proof?  Proof that the NFL removed the kick?  The proof is in the game film which does not contain that play.

proof the NFL removed the clip (and replaced it)

I did a google search and no one is talking about this.  

so who besides TBD is claiming it’s been doctored?

Obviously the NFL should do a better job with this.  It's just absurd that in The Year of Our Lord 2020 we can't determine whether a field goal was good or not.  But . . .

a) We won the game.  Very comfortably.  Maybe -- maybe -- we were robbed of 3 points, but it made no difference whatsoever.  The game was already well in hand.

b) For the purposes of evaluating Bass, it doesn't matter whether the kick was barely good or barely wide.  For a professional PK, anything under 40 yards should be right down the middle.  A 38 yard FG attempt should not be an exciting adventure.  Sure, this particular kick affected Bass's numbers, but his kicks were erratic all day.  Even if this kick had been ruled good, there is no way the Bills coaching staff would have been pleased with Bass's performance.  That doesn't mean giving up on him, but it does mean not being wed to him either.

c) See point (a) above.

d) Let's beat Miami.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Watch it at 11 seconds and go frame by frame.  There is a shot with 3/4 of the ball inside the post, a shot with the ball directly over the post and a shot with 3/4 of the ball outside the post all within the 11 second mark.

Which spot did the ball actually cross the end line or was it before or even after that - that is the question and that is why it is not reviewable.

I am not sure what would help conclusively show this one way or another. A view up the post or from the top of the post would help.  Not sure if a sensor in the ball helps as you are 35 feet above the end line - you would need a second sensor someplace to give any accuracy.  

I get why people feel the way they do.  It seems like there is a good chance it may have been good, but there has been nothing definitive.  Just like goal line review - sometimes the physical camera angles just do not allow the ability to identify a TD or down by contact because the shot just is not available.

The NFL removed the kick from the all 22 and replaced it with a different play.  They didn’t do that by mistake. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If the footage of this play was simply missing from All-22, then you could simply attribute it to an error. There have been cases when individual plays don't show up in All-22.   But somebody in the NFL actually inserted the footage of another kick in the place of the first FG attempt.  That takes additional effort not just to omit the play in question, but search for another kick and put it there.   That is definitely not normal, and why people should be rightly upset at NFL's handling of this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GG said:

If the footage of this play was simply missing from All-22, then you could simply attribute it to an error. There have been cases when individual plays don't show up in All-22.   But somebody in the NFL actually inserted the footage of another kick in the place of the first FG attempt.  That takes additional effort not just to omit the play in question, but search for another kick and put it there.   That is definitely not normal, and why people should be rightly upset at NFL's handling of this.

I heard that the nfl might have done this because “no one in the right mind, absent crazed Bills fans, would waste the time to  want to see a rookie miss a field goal where it had zero outcome of the game”.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I heard that the nfl might have done this because “no one in the right mind, absent crazed Bills fans, would waste the time to  want to see a rookie miss a field goal where it had zero outcome of the game”.

You forgot to add "thousands of people who had placed wagers on this game, do not like to see officials take valid points off the scoreboard that most certainly had an effect on the final outcome."

33 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

see what?

30 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I get the concept 

but where is the proof?

25 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

proof the NFL removed the clip (and replaced it)

I did a google search and no one is talking about this.  

so who besides TBD is claiming it’s been doctored?

I don’t think you do get the concept... go up thread where this digression began and see where a bills reporter (a blue checkmark, for what that’s worth) tweeted the clip in question.

The all-22 shows the 3rd down play, cuts to a successful FG attempt in the 4th quarter, and then cuts back to the 1-10 of the jets where they takeover after our miss. 

This was retweeted by Sal and a couple other reputable people as well, if I’m not mistaken. 

Edit: here- I’ll do the legwork for you.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

@SlimShady'sSpaceForce - the non TBD proof that you couldn’t find on google that’s been here the whole time.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1