Edit: NFL removes Bass's kick from All-22 video

Da webster guy

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It would be stupid of the NFL is they really did that. I mean they admit missed calls all the time and people move on. I think this was a coincidence.... this time.

What in this instance would be "coincidental"?

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well if I suggest we do something more dramatic I feel I'll get my ban:cry: I've learned from the leaders on here I'm always wrong!!:worthy:

No need for anything more dramatic.  Just no need to do whatever someone who has no authority over you tells you to do.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Proof positive:

"Snuck right through" the uprights right doc?

LOL

Yeah.  The NFL doctoring the All-22 proves it. 

Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No need for anything more dramatic.  Just no need to do whatever someone who has no authority over you tells you to do.

doc, we all saw it go higher than the  level of the height of the post.  The discussion is about whether it went within a line drawn straight up or to the right such a line.

does the All-22 show dead on views of the goal posts from behind the kicker?  there's plenty of view available from the broadcast so, as far as you usual conspiracy theories go, this is one of your weaker one.

But by all means, run with it---"the NFL has destroyed ALL EVIDENCE of this kick!!!"  Am I saying it right?? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

doc, we all saw it go higher than the  level of the height of the post.  The discussion is about whether it went within a line drawn straight up or to the right such a line.

does the All-22 show dead on views of the goal posts from behind the kicker?  there's plenty of view available from the broadcast so, as far as you usual conspiracy theories go, this is one of your weaker one.

But by all means, run with it---"the NFL has destroyed ALL EVIDENCE of this kick!!!"  Am I saying it right?? 

As usual WEO, it doesn't matter to me what you think YOU saw.  And the discussion is about whether the kick went between the uprights.  Even you know the NFL doctored the All-22 because it showed that it did. 

But please, whip out your classic defeatist "you always come around" line early.  It will save you a lot of time.

Edited by Doc

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

As usual WEO, it doesn't matter to me what you think YOU saw.  And the discussion is about whether the kick went between the uprights.  Even you know the NFL doctored the All-22 because it showed that it did. 

But please, whip out your classic defeatist "you always come around line" early.  It will save you a lot of time.

If it went though the uprights, there would be no need for this thread doc.  Scroll back to many imaginative posts describing all sorts of technology of telling whether a kick is good our not when it passes over the height of the posts.  Some goods ones there..

Kicks that go through the uprights are called "Field Goals".

When you (inevitably) do come around, you can be sure I'll whip that one out.  Until then, how do we keep the NFL from coming for our DVRs?    

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

If it went though the uprights, there would be no need for this thread doc.  Scroll back to many imaginative posts describing all sorts of technology of telling whether a kick is good our not when it passes over the height of the posts.  Some goods ones there..

Kicks that go through the uprights are called "Field Goals".

When you (inevitably) do come around, you can be sure I'll whip that one out.  Until then, how do we keep the NFL from coming for our DVRs?    

It did go through the uprights.  I and many others have been telling you this for a few days now.  The announcers and the ref even told you during the game.  I told you that the All-22 would tell us the truth...but when it came out...the footage was doctored.  It's obvious to most why.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

So would we all.  And again, why do you think that it wasn't?

As for not using the footage during games, why can't they?  Do they use film that has to be processed?  And if so, they need to have another camera that is live-action video.

Rochesterfan has correctly told you the ball went over, not between, the uprights.  He concisely describes what the issue being discussed here is.

Anyway, What view does the all 22 have for kicks that the 3-4 views were repeatedly shown during the game did not.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

It did go through the uprights.  I and many others have been telling you this for a few days now.  The announcers and the ref even told you during the game.  I told you that the All-22 would tell us the truth...but when it came out...the footage was doctored.  It's obvious to most why.

The announcers said, correctly, that it went over the post---in fact, they correctly described this is why it could not be challenged

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

Careful, you're not allowed to argue with WEO...:unsure:

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rochesterfan has correctly told you the ball went over, not between, the uprights.  He concisely describes what the issue being discussed here is.

Anyway, What view does the all 22 have for kicks that the 3-4 views were repeatedly shown during the game did not.

The announcers said, correctly, that it went over the post---in fact, they correctly described this is why it could not be challenged

View from behind the goal post.

Couldn't be challenged because it was HIGHER than the post, not necessarily directly over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, they said it went through the plane of the goalposts and was therefore a score.  The ball only appeared to go over the goalpost after it had passed the goalpost because it was moving to the right and still climbing. Again something the All-22 would have clearly shown, but was altered.  For obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Careful, you're not allowed to argue with WEO...:unsure:

LOL!  How long have you been here?

And it's less arguing than...

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, they said it went through the plane of the goalposts and was therefore a score.  The ball only appeared to go over the goalpost after it had passed the goalpost because it was moving to the right and still climbing. Again something the All-22 would have clearly shown, but was altered.  For obvious reasons.

Must be nice:cry:

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

No they didn't.  They said they thought it might have been good because it went right over the top of the post.,  But since it went over and not through--not reviewable.  No one said it went between the uprights doc. Not even McD, who kept his red flag holstered.

And what are the "obvious reasons"?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

No they didn't.  They said they thought it might have been good because it went right over the top of the post.,  But since it went over and not through--not reviewable.  No one said it went between the uprights doc. Not even McD, who kept his red flag holstered.

Yeah the excuse was because it went over, after passing the goalpost, it wasn't reviewable.  Doesn't mean the call wasn't blown.

And McD was screaming for the play to be reviewed because he saw it go through as well.  Which is why CBS decided to show the replay again and the announcers agree that it looked good.  I told you all this before.  And now we have the doctored All-22.  Gee, I wonder what really happened?!

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah the excuse was because it went over, after passing the goalpost, it wasn't reviewable.  Doesn't mean the call wasn't blown.

And McD was screaming for the play to be reviewed because he saw it go through as well.  Which is why CBS decided to show the replay again and the announcers agree that it looked good.  I told you all this before.  And now we have the doctored All-22.  Gee, I wonder what really happened?!

If McD was certain it went between the actual goalposts he would have challenged it.  He didn't

Actually, that's not an excuse--it's the rule.  

And how does a ball simultaneously pass within the goal posts while "going over" a goalpost?

Edited by Mr. WEO

immediately after the attempt, they had a shot from the ground looking up at the ball as it went through the uprights. when they showed that, i thought it was good. from the look on Bass' face, i think he thought it was good as well.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If McD was certain it went between the actual goalposts he would have challenged it.  He didn't ...

you can't challenge an unchallengable play.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I bet ya there is a young photographer named Zappruder who hasn't developed his film yet with the evidence , frame by frame

For the kick to be good it would mean that it went Back and to the Left, Back and to the Left.

I suspect a second kicker!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

You ever heard of "3 dimensions" WEO?

posts are 35 feet high.  You feel a ball can be within the height of both posts when it crosses the cross bar...and go above the 35 foot height of a pole at the same time?  That's not 3-D, doc...that's alternative/parallel universe stuff.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

immediately after the attempt, they had a shot from the ground looking up at the ball as it went through the uprights. when they showed that, i thought it was good. from the look on Bass' face, i think he thought it was good as well.

you can't challenge an unchallengable play.

Exactly.  The reason being in this case is that the ball did not go through, but over the uprights