Edit: NFL removes Bass's kick from All-22 video

Da webster guy

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No this is exactly what I wrote, "Can you cite ONE NFL game that an over the top Field goal was so close that it might have decided the game? "  You supplied one, the Belichek one, the other you posted was a game by 4 and a game by 14, one wasnt even the NFL but neither was material to the outcome of the game.  Just like the Bills=-Jets game...meaningless.

But why does that matter? Getting plays right is important, whether it is a blowout or not. They need to be more accurate and less arbitrary in most aspects of the game, and technology is available and ready to be implemented but they choose not too, instead opting for a bunch of old guys making judgement calls.

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah....

this is terrible and would love to hear what the man in charge of all-22 has to say about this.  But we know there’s no chance of that happening 

Haha, and we aren't supposed to notice that the score doesn't change even thought you watch the ball go through the uprights? It's pretty crazy and needs some explanation.

Just now, MJS said:

But why does that matter? Getting plays right is important, whether it is a blowout or not. They need to be more accurate and less arbitrary in most aspects of the game, and technology is available and ready to be implemented but they choose not too, instead opting for a bunch of old guys making judgement calls.

You want the NFL or football go go "all technology", good for you, I dont.  I have already cited the  fiasco the NFL has made about what a catch is.  And what happens if technology malfunctions and gets the call wrong?   Yeah good luck trying to solve that. 

My money is the Pats will learn a creative way to trick the fool proof technology. give them time and study.  

Football is a game of judgement officiated and run by people, seeking perfections if not attainable IMO. Would i like perfection, sure if the cost/time/hassle are not excessive.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Our Super Bowl wide right had zero to do with the goal; post.

Can you cite ONE NFL game that an over the top Field goal was so close that it might have decided the game?  I will wait.

Obviously not, but you can't deny what happened in our game and say "well when was a game decided by an over the top FG"...

What if we were losing by 3 or less points, would you not lose your ****ing mind?!?!?!?!

Like law, it sets a precedent and I don't like the ****ing precedent:cry:

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Haha, and we aren't supposed to notice that the score doesn't change even thought you watch the ball go through the uprights? It's pretty crazy and needs some explanation.

And really frustrating that we know there’s zero chance that we ever hear an explanation.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah....

this is terrible and would love to hear what the man in charge of all-22 has to say about this.  But we know there’s no chance of that happening 

It probably would be "it's above my pay grade."  As I said earlier, they wouldn't want to admit the refs screwed-up.  That's one way to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Obviously not, but you can't deny what happened in our game and say "well when was a game decided by an over the top FG"...

What if we were losing by 3 or less points, would you not lose your ****ing mind?!?!?!?!

Like law, it sets a precedent and I don't like the ****ing precedent:cry:

Actually i can deny it and if we lost be 3 points I wouldn't debate it ad nauseam as we are here with this otherwise meaningless points, i would have moved on, its a judgement call, sometimes they go against you, deal with it. 

Only "precedent" it could possibly set is if the official made a demonstrably wrong call which, imo, i stil havent seen.  

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

People really over here arguing it doesn't matter if points are taken off the board because of referee error because "It doesn't happen often" or "It usually doesn't matter." 

What the heck. 

In which one of these instances were points taken off the board due to referee errors?  

People are actually arguing that because some fans were disappointed at the outcome of close calls that the referees must have been in error.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

In which one of these instances were points taken off the board due to referee errors?  

People are actually arguing that because some fans were disappointed at the outcome of close calls that the referees must have been in error.  

Do you not think the Bills kick was good? 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

No.  The guys with the best view ruled it no good and there is no video evidence available to definitively prove otherwise.  

What if there were definitive video evidence to prove otherwise? Would you want the refs to look at it? Would you find a passing interest in viewing it?

Just now, whatdrought said:

Mmkay. 

Prove it was good, mmmkay.

Just now, Ecmic82 said:

What if there were definitive video evidence to prove otherwise? Would you want the refs to look at it? Would you find a passing interest in viewing it?

Sure, please share it.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Prove it was good, mmmkay.

Sure, please share it.

That’s the point here I think. A lot of people would like a simple tech fix to confirm these close calls. They’d be interested in such video, they’d be interested in refs having access to it, and they’d be interested in viewing it themselves, as you are.

Edited by Ecmic82

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You want the NFL or football go go "all technology", good for you, I dont.  I have already cited the  fiasco the NFL has made about what a catch is.  And what happens if technology malfunctions and gets the call wrong?   Yeah good luck trying to solve that. 

My money is the Pats will learn a creative way to trick the fool proof technology. give them time and study.  

Football is a game of judgement officiated and run by people, seeking perfections if not attainable IMO. Would i like perfection, sure if the cost/time/hassle are not excessive.

The catch rule was not introducing more technology.  You bring up a great point about technology failing, but you could review or be left with the current crappy system.  I think trying to hack the technology would be super tough and also leave trail so I dont think they would be as successful as you think.  They got the call on the field wrong and they could get it right.  They should do better.