Edit: NFL removes Bass's kick from All-22 video

Da webster guy

17 minutes ago, nucci said:

you can send a man to the moon....

When you try and codify and legislate every single possibility in the NFL then you come up with monstrosities like what is a catch in the NFL.  Has that made the game more enjoyable, more watchable, more fair? 

The goal post situation is fine, lets stop trying to create/manufacture potential problems.  The refs were exactly where they needed to be to see the best angle of the kick.  Time to get over it already..

On 9/15/2020 at 7:25 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know right?? $2 solution to a million dollar problem. And no more stupid goal line “did he get in??” reviews.

It would eliminate some, but not all goal line judgment calls.  A microchip might be able to tell the ref that the ball crossed the plane, but it can tell him when the ball carrier had a body part touch the ground.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

When you try and codify and legislate every single possibility in the NFL then you come up with monstrosities like what is a catch in the NFL.  Has that made the game more enjoyable, more watchable, more fair? 

The goal post situation is fine, lets stop trying to create/manufacture potential problems.  The refs were exactly where they needed to be to see the best angle of the kick.  Time to get over it already..

ok, I was just trying to make a joke

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

They made the posts 5 feet taller after that

Give you credit for finding that.

Again the refs were exactly where they needed to be,  they had the best angle, the kick was no good.  Sorry but Belichek and the biased Pats dont have close to the best angle.  Look up parrallax effect/view, the  will exactly why the refs are where they are.  

1 minute ago, nucci said:

ok, I was just trying to make a joke

You do have a valid point to consider.  

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Give you credit for finding that.

Again the refs were exactly where they needed to be,  they had the best angle, the kick was no good.  Sorry but Belichek and the biased Pats dont have close to the best angle.  Look up parrallax effect/view, the  will exactly why the refs are where they are.  

You do have a valid point to consider.  

Here's another one. 

This in is from a college bowl game.  You asked for NFL, but same principle applies.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So 2 times in 8 years this is a concern.  Meanwhile baseball fans have to deal with this same issue 300 times a game.  Non-issue.

two times that I found in 5 minutes.  Counting Bass that would be 3.  I'm SURE there are a lot more than this but I don't have a running log of every FG attempt made with video to back it up.

Anther college one

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No materiel regardless, Browns won by 4. 

And imo From what I saw, no way that was good.

I am not going to comment on every single debatable FG  you keep coming up with over the post.

You asked someone to post one the was close enough to matter.  I found one. There have been a bunch of others.  I'm not asking you whether they were good or not. You asked for close enough to discuss.  Don't make it sound like this never happens.  It's a fixable issue with minimal effort expenditure and technology usage that won't fundamentally change the game in any way at all.

This is one of those issues that doesn't matter until it does and  nobody cares until it happens to their team.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why would they remove it and replace it with a made kick??!! I’m so confused.  Whoever made that decision should be fired.  That’s just ridiculously shady.  Show it, admit error, move on

This.  But now we know the answer to the fierce debate...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Anther college one

You asked someone to post one the was close enough to matter.  I found one. There have been a bunch of others.  I'm not asking you whether they were good or not. You asked for close enough to discuss.  Don't make it sound like this never happens.  It's a fixable issue with minimal effort expenditure and technology usage that won't fundamentally change the game in any way at all.

This is one of those issues that doesn't matter until it does and  nobody cares until it happens to their team.

No this is exactly what I wrote, "Can you cite ONE NFL game that an over the top Field goal was so close that it might have decided the game? "  You supplied one, the Belichek one, the other you posted was a game by 4 and a game by 14, one wasnt even the NFL but neither was material to the outcome of the game.  Just like the Bills=-Jets game...meaningless.

I don't have much of an issue. Just need to kick the ball better so it isn't a judgement call for the refs.

But, the league needs to get on the technology train. Spotting the ball from officials is often pretty far off, and in a game of inches that is a problem. Breaking the plane of the end zone, good and bad field goals, staying in bounds or not, etc. All these things can be enhanced by technology. I've never, ever understood the whole "bring out the chains!" thing when the ball is spotted arbitrarily and wherever you put the chains down on the field is ALSO arbitrary.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

This.  But now we know the answer to the fierce debate...

Yeah....

this is terrible and would love to hear what the man in charge of all-22 has to say about this.  But we know there’s no chance of that happening