Le’Veon Bell to IR

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

And this is why you do not over pay for a RB with miles. Jets got duped. Even before the hammy he looked like he has lost a step or 2.

To me, he lost more than a step, I think he lost interest given his situation. Maccagnan really didn't do himself any favors knowing Bell was in a much better situation in Pit. And the only way they'll be able to unload Bell is to eat the majority of that ridiculous contract. Jets are gonna be in purgatory for quite a while getting a new HC and possibly QB

On 9/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, Real McNasty said:

Perine and Adams.

Adams got called up from the PS, but didn't embarrass himself any more than did Bell and Gore.  Perrine was injured and didn't play.  Don't know if he'll be back next Sunday.

4 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

To me, he lost more than a step, I think he lost interest given his situation. Maccagnan really didn't do himself any favors knowing Bell was in a much better situation in Pit. And the only way they'll be able to unload Bell is to eat the majority of that ridiculous contract. Jets are gonna be in purgatory for quite a while getting a new HC and possibly QB

That is a very fair assessment. His mannerisms alone scream “I dont wanna be here”. His days in the NFL are rapidly coming to a close. 

4 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Funny how being a running back becomes less enjoyable when you don't have Pouncey and DeCastro opening up six foot wide running lanes every play!

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Doesn't that leave them with just Gore?

Frank Gore could conceivably catch Walter Payton if he gets the carries this year and hooks up somewhere next year. 2nd all time behind Emmitt.  He's got about 1300 yards to go. Kind of the Don Sutton of NFL players -- never the best at his position, not even for a year, but always able to put up the numbers. Through longevity and general 2nd/3rd starter type numbers, Sutton wound up with 324 wins as a pitcher and a Hall of Fame induction.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Remember back when Bell signed with them how many folks thought the sky was falling and they'd kill us every game?

I do for sure.   Lots of talk about how the Jets had an advantage in terms of roster depth.  I remember being incredibly happy we weren't the team who paid a 27 year old running back who just sat out a full year of football 52 million dollars.    Bell and AB are perfect examples of how little teams need me first players.  The Steelers were good before they got there, and they are good now they are gone.

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I do for sure.   Lots of talk about how the Jets had an advantage in terms of roster depth.  I remember being incredibly happy we weren't the team who paid a 27 year old running back who just sat out a full year of football 52 million dollars.    Bell and AB are perfect examples of how little teams need me first players.  The Steelers were good before they got there, and they are good now they are gone.

Oh don’t forget the Mosley talk too. They landed the big names and were gonna leave us in the dust that free agency 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:53 PM, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

You can guarantee that SAR I is currently spouting off on the Jets forums that the Jets actually beat the Bills because Bell missed some of the game and Darnold is still better than Allen. 

Back in the real world, I can't wait to play the Jets again in Week 7. 

Ha, I've seen that SAR I guy when I've visited that forum. The man is clinically insane

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, Real McNasty said:

Darnold is Tannehill 2.0 working with Gase. Woody and Gase are huge problems for that organization.

Until the Johnson's are gone this will be the Jets for sometime. 

I love how bad Jets fans still trash/troll Allen and can't see what proper QB development looks like. I still think Sam can be a good QB but not under that organization. 

Sam was screwed the moment they called his name on draft day, his only hope is to see Gase fired and someone with a clue to take over at HC, and that begs the question who would be the fireman that could even hope to put out that tire fire...

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/16/2020 at 12:53 PM, billsfan_34 said:

And this is why you do not over pay for a RB with miles. Jets got duped. Even before the hammy he looked like he has lost a step or 2.

In my opinion he’s become another name that used to be good but is no longer serviceable. He’s not a 20-25 plus touch a game back anymore. NJ did the same thing we did when we overpaid for McCoy. Even though we got some productive years out of McCoy unlike what the Jets have gotten out of Bell which has been nothing but crap.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In my opinion he’s become another name that used to be good but is no longer serviceable. He’s not a 20-25 plus touch a game back anymore. NJ did the same thing we did when we overpaid for McCoy. Even though we got some productive years out of McCoy unlike what the Jets have gotten out of Bell which has been nothing but crap.

Always go with the fresh legs! RBs just dont last. We got a great 3 years out of Shady but was it still worth what we paid?