Le’Veon Bell to IR

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Visiting their forums yesterday many in their fan base are starting to turn on Darnold. If they do decide to move on from Darnold I don't want them to be in a position to draft Trevor Lawrence.

Actually a fear of mine. TL is Peyton with a little run in his game.

Bell really ruined his career when he left Pittsburgh.  He was regarded as one of the top RBs and top players in the league.  The Steelers offered him close to top dollar for a RB and he turned it down.  Then he sat out a year and made $0, then signed with the Jests for the same (or less) than Pittsburgh offered (I don't recall the exact numbers).  Even if the annual was higher, if you factor in the lost season's revenue, he lost money on the deal.  Now, he's an oft-injured RB with declining skills on a bad team.  He's cost himself a ton of money, ruined his legacy and is getting beaten to a pulp.  It's a classic example of overplaying one's hand.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 4

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s absolutely nuts that Pittsburgh could lose Bell and Brown for almost nothing and still be a contender.  I know a lot of people hate them but what a well run franchise. They are absolutely loaded at receiver too. 

My perspective on them has definitely changed. I was always in the "How do you have an elite RB, Elite WR, great OL, top 5-10 QB, and still can't put it together" camp for a long time... Now I just find myself wondering how much of the team as whole was screwed up cause of Brown and Bell's antics and overall lack of cohesion and I'm actually impressed they were as good as they were over the years with them.