Gulp... 4 in the Yahoo power rankings after one week😳

Lenigmusx

I haven’t posted in a while but reading the Bills at number 4 in the power rankings anywhere (Yahoo) is both amazing and terrifying. I have to believe that we are finally going to be expected to win week in and week out again. I think I have Buffalo Bills PTSD’s as this national media expectation really scares me. I do believe that the offense will get even better and the Jets D is better than it looked against us. That said as much of an optimist as I am I still need to see 4-0 going into the KC game. Are we a 12-4 team? I would really like to know if these power rankings scare anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lenigmusx said:

I haven’t posted in a while but reading the Bills at number 4 in the power rankings anywhere (Yahoo) is both amazing and terrifying. I have to believe that we are finally going to be expected to win week in and week out again. I think I have Buffalo Bills PTSD’s as this national media expectation really scares me. I do believe that the offense will get even better and the Jets D is better than it looked against us. That said as much of an optimist as I am I still need to see 4-0 going into the KC game. Are we a 12-4 team? I would really like to know if these power rankings scare anyone else.

This is going to be a rough year for that should get better as we're more consistent.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

I still haven't gotten over Dr. Z picking the Bills in all four of their Super Bowl losses. The kiss of death.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

I would not say that the power rankings scare me but when we do play better teams (and probably everyone is better than the Jets) if we get to a 12-4 record I would not be surprised if 6 or more of those games end up being determined by 3 points or less.  In other words not for the timid or those with heart conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, vincec said:

I still haven't gotten over Dr. Z picking the Bills in all four of their Super Bowl losses. The kiss of death.

Never knew that. After the second one though, and seeing that the Cowgals were such a powerhouse, not too hard to imagine.

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Yeah man I really miss being ranked 24 and yelling at the computer that we don't get any respect.

Lol, this is way better, It just feels like the prom date who’s the hottest girl in school kind of thing. 

Edited by Lenigmusx

I agree that power rankings are kind of silly - but it's fun to see us this high.  

I probably said it about a dozen times on Sunday:  this is the best & most balanced Bills team I've seen since the Kelly years.  And they're young - this core could keep us in contention for years.

• Like (+1) 1