Odell is trending on twitter again and this time it’s football related (Trade block)

YoloinOhio

These diva receivers are difficult to understand. OBJ went to worst the possible spot when he landed in Cleveland. Personalities like Beckham need structure, and established teammates who are proven leaders. Mayfield and Beckham were doomed from the start. Mayfield and OBJ share too many personality characteristics for OBJ to fall in line. It seems like Beckham has been the frustrated diva who’s been phoning it in for a while with Cleveland. There’s no reason to think he wouldn’t put up huge numbers in the right situation. It reminds me of back when Moss didn’t put much effort into his time with Oakland, but suddenly returned to his old self with the Pats. These guys need discipline, and they want the football. It takes a good QB to get you the football, and without that, they just shutdown. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Both young WR's are dealing with nagging injuries.  Hurd is out for the year.  Goodwin opted out.  Since he's essentially a one year rental the move would make sense.  I guess they just signed Sanu though to who knows.

I realize all of this.  Goodwin is on the Eagles.  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see

6 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Hmm, I'm not sure if the Pats could afford him. Jets? I kinda doubt they have a chance with Gase running the show. I'd guess the Texans might be in play

I could see the Jets taking a look. They really do not have any stud WRs and OB would be back to NYC where he can get the media attention he craves.

I could see Gase convincing himself that OB could help Darnold, but the guy is a me-first locker room cancer.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Makes sense Cleveland needs to get picks to help them draft a QB again.

Team that is in pretty good shape for draft picks is Jax. They have their own, plus the Raiders.   Jets have their own, plus Seattle.  Likely the Raiders pick will be a better one than the Seattle pick.  Assuming Jax only wins 2 to 3 games, likely would give them  a top 5 pick if not better.   Add in the Raiders and could get themselves up to #1.  Not sure if they have anyone left worth trading that would net a fairly high pick, if so, should do it as would likely make them weaker so lose more.  Three #1's or two 1st rounders and an extra 2nd could maybe get you to the top depending on how far you'd need to move.  For Jax, not likely a huge move.

55 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I could see the Jets taking a look. They really do not have any stud WRs and OB would be back to NYC where he can get the media attention he craves.

I could see Gase convincing himself that OB could help Darnold, but the guy is a me-first locker room cancer.

OBJ would completely lambast Gase given his insanely low coaching IQ. If he thought Mayfield was bad, a Gase coached Darnold would make him suicidal 

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

OBJ would completely lambast Gase given his insanely low coaching IQ. If he thought Mayfield was bad, a Gase coached Darnold would make him suicidal 

And how is that bad?  His mid game performance would get better ratings than Bill who quit in middle of game and did not tell anyone.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And how is that bad?  His mid game performance would get better ratings than Bill who quit in middle of game and did not tell anyone.

Not bad for us of course. And btw Davis did tell people. Doesn't make it cool what he did but you statement is pure fiction.

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Team that is in pretty good shape for draft picks is Jax. They have their own, plus the Raiders.   Jets have their own, plus Seattle.  Likely the Raiders pick will be a better one than the Seattle pick.  Assuming Jax only wins 2 to 3 games, likely would give them  a top 5 pick if not better.   Add in the Raiders and could get themselves up to #1.  Not sure if they have anyone left worth trading that would net a fairly high pick, if so, should do it as would likely make them weaker so lose more.  Three #1's or two 1st rounders and an extra 2nd could maybe get you to the top depending on how far you'd need to move.  For Jax, not likely a huge move.

They might have the capital, but unless the #1 pick is Miami (and they assume Tua is their future) - why would anyone trade essentially Lawrence for lesser picks?

Every other team that hits #1 would be because they need a franchise QB and Lawrence has been hyped as that for the last 2 years.  I can’t imagine the fan base and GM that passes on that for a couple of other picks.  

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

They might have the capital, but unless the #1 pick is Miami (and they assume Tua is their future) - why would anyone trade essentially Lawrence for lesser picks?

Every other team that hits #1 would be because they need a franchise QB and Lawrence has been hyped as that for the last 2 years.  I can’t imagine the fan base and GM that passes on that for a couple of other picks.  

I was looking at a projection of draft positions, 4 of the top 6 picks were Cinnci, Giants, Miami, & Jax (Bills were 24th BTW)  Jets who also have two picks were a little lower.  Of those four, the only one for certain needing a new QB would be Jax.  Carolina was also in the top six and think the other one was Washington who both could use a new QB though there may be some hope in Washington.  Certainly Washington and Carolina would want to try and move up, but neither of them have 2 first round picks.  Of the three teams with 2 first round picks, Jax, Jets, Miami; Jax may have the best chance of having the two best picks.

Certainly alot can change in the order between now and Jan, but of this one mock I was looking at made me think Jax had the best chance to move up to #1 overall because they may have the two best picks and two of the teams ahead, Giants and Bengals  likely wouldn't need to move up.

18 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

All this sounds familiar ... A Diva, a me guy, not a locker room guy .. oh wait same thing was said about Diggs. I think a change of scenery to a team that's winning is all he needs.  When the Giants were doing good he was "one of the greatest:, they start sucking gets called a Diva because he complains s o off to Cleveland.  Goes there thinking this is going to be great and it's a dumpster fire there.  Give him one of the top 10 QBs and he'll shine again

The Odell hate in this thread is insane.  Only makes crazy catches...had one good year...Smoke is a more effective player, and even that Sammy somehow ended up being "better" because he learned something.  Are you freaking kidding me?

Beckham is a hyper competitive player and as BillsFan said, an awful lot of what he did/said was pretty much the same as Diggs.  The guy played pretty much all of last year hurt and had one of the greatest starts to his career with Eli freaking Manning throwing to him.

If you don't like him that's fine but to say "meh he sucks" is objectively stupid.

14 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

The Odell hate in this thread is insane.  Only makes crazy catches...had one good year...Smoke is a more effective player, and even that Sammy somehow ended up being "better" because he learned something.  Are you freaking kidding me?

Beckham is a hyper competitive player and as BillsFan said, an awful lot of what he did/said was pretty much the same as Diggs.  The guy played pretty much all of last year hurt and had one of the greatest starts to his career with Eli freaking Manning throwing to him.

If you don't like him that's fine but to say "meh he sucks" is objectively stupid.

I’m not one who said he sucks or has diminished his accomplishments but he truly looks like he has lost a step and does not appear to be the same player he was with NYG - regardless of the reasons why

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I agree with most of this, but you could do a lot worse than Eli Freaking Manning.   Odell is immensely talented, and got off to the sort of start that would have had in the top five of every major statistical category but he hasnt had over 80 catches, 1100 yards or 6 touchdowns since 2016.   Now that he is 28 years old, and hasnt been the same since the ankle injury I'd wonder if he isn't on the downside of his career.   Still a good player, but he hasnt been great for awhile now, and not all of that is on his quarterback.

14 hours ago, Big C said:

Yeah GTFOH with that nonsense. Brown is more productive and a better teammate AND less expensive.

I like Brown but you’re kinda reaching with the more productive part. They have played the same amount of years and OBJ has Almost 2,500 more yards and 19 more tds.

dude is annoying but he among the most talented wrs in the nfl. Let’s not get crazy here. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not one who said he sucks or has diminished his accomplishments but he truly looks like he has lost a step and does not appear to be the same player he was with NYG - regardless of the reasons why

He very well may have but he had a hernia all last year too.  Who knows but when I read that Sammy was somehow in a way better (not your comment) I almost fell over.

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree with most of this, but you could do a lot worse than Eli Freaking Manning.   Odell is immensely talented, and got off to the sort of start that would have had in the top five of every major statistical category but he hasnt had over 80 catches, 1100 yards or 6 touchdowns since 2016.   Now that he is 28 years old, and hasnt been the same since the ankle injury I'd wonder if he isn't on the downside of his career.   Still a good player, but he hasnt been great for awhile now, and not all of that is on his quarterback.

I think if he's healthy and went to a team with a serious QB he would put up the same numbers as his 1st three years.  

As much as anything, I cannot understand how the Browns aren't a beastly offensive team.  It really makes me appreciate the coaching continuity that we've had and will likely have for a while if only because of how that avoids regression for JA.  I think Baker is one more wasted season from being as shot as Darnold looks right now and honestly I think - for the league and as an NFL fan - that's unfortunate.  Obviously I want the Bills to succeed but I also want to watch good football and it's stunning how bad coaching seems to be.