Lack of RB Production is limiting this Team

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I was at that game.... while Jackson wasn't a guy with breakaway speed he certainly had more game day speed than Motor and Moss.

LOL...no he didn't.  This is you reaching again.  What made Jackson great is his angles, not speed.  

Barry Sanders didn't have speed.

Lesean McCoy didn't have speed.

You're only saying this because you won't let go of not drafting Dobbins.  

Ugh... so this is the new thing we’ve found to be “concerned” about? 

It was one week vs a VERY good run D. We game planned and adjusted to win with the passing game. It’s what good teams do.

In the immortal words of Aaron Rodgers “relax.”

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Point of my inquiry is this?  Everyone knows Lamar Jackson is a threat running the ball, just like Allen.  But the Ravens got 14 rushing TDs in each 2018 and 2019 not counting Lamar's contribution.  That's 28 TDs compared to our 8 in two years.  If we could improve that, we would improve our PPG average in my opinion.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

Couple thoughts:

1.  the jets have a good run d

2.  josh allen gets a lot of the rushing tds, so the running backs have less.  i wouldn't look at the lack of rb td's as meaning we have a lack of RB production

3.  aside from gore, the running game was actually really efficient last year.  singletary had 5.1 ypc.. that's pretty good. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Ugh... so this is the new thing we’ve found to be “concerned” about? 

It was one week vs a VERY good run D. We game planned and adjusted to win with the passing game. It’s what good teams do.

In the immortal words of Aaron Rodgers “relax.”

Try answering the question as a whole?  Do think this is sufficient?

The 2018 Bills offense should not even come into a conversation.  It was made up of "placeholders" until the proper personnel were acquired.

The simple fact that Daboll was OC is not realistic.  It's like saying Eisenhower should of been ready for D-Day in 1942.

This year the offense should show everyone what it is capable of with a young veteran QB executing specific game plans.

Let's look at what trends we can see going forward starting this year.  The running game (RB wise) was not impressive statistically the first game.

It was partially a result from a specific game plan so some consideration needs to be made.  I'm also going to consider that a lot of effort seems

to have been given to the passing game improving during the shortened preseason.  

IF going forward this "one game trend" proves to be a common result then I will have a concern.  I wouldn't want to see the Bills as any type

of a one dimensional or one scheme orientated unit and I'm probably guessing that Daboll and McDermott do not either.  

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

? He absolutely did.

I didn't say speed made Jackson great. I said he was faster on the field than both Moss and Motor... Jacksons vision made him a very good back.

McCoy didn't have speed? Wtf are you talking about? Lol.

I meant to put Leveon Bell who is a 4.6 forty.

Did you forget to comment on Barry Sanders?

That video I posted, a linebacker is on Fred Jackson's heels.  He didn't run away with him, he took angles to get to the endzone.  He didn't leave anyone in a cloud of dust.

I guess #57 has more game speed than Moss and Singletary too?

Again, you're only saying this because we didn't draft Dobbins and knowing you, you're going to B word and complain about it every time you get the chance.

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I will say something looked off about the RB handoffs in the game... its almost like there was some hesitation or the RB wasn’t always in the right place, etc... can’t put my finger on it, just didn’t seem smooth 

It wasn't smooth.  I think it's to do with what I said in my post a moment ago, it had to do with limited work on running and a lot of work on the passing

game this offseason.  It was really abbreviated and I agree with the effort being put into the passing game.

I'm hopeful the run game will catch up.  I would like to see that down in Miami Sunday.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1