Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

10 hours ago, Simon said:

I don't know what you want me to explain, if I remember right it was a pretty standard speed option call.

The only things out of the ordinary about it were that a) you don't see it often in the NFL and b) I think it had a wrinkle where they motioned the X back across to disguise the action and hold the back 7 in place and it worked like a charm.

An option play doesn't end at the LOS, the back maintains his pitch relationship all the way down the field, which he did. He just wasn't ready for the pitch when it finally came.

Could be true but highly unlikey. Ingram had no idea it was coming. Ill review the all-22 to make a better judgement

10 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Could be true but highly unlikey. Ingram had no idea it was coming. Ill review the all-22 to make a better judgement

There's nothing likely or unlikely about it; it is what it is and that was a called option play. It was specifically designed for Jackson to execute a pitch out when he couldn't advance the ball any more himself.

Ingram maintained his pitch angle all the way down the field like he should have but wasn't ready for it because Jackson's an alien and didn't make the pitch until he was 4" off the ground. They'll call that up several more times this year and from now on Ingram won't relax on it until he's halfway back to the huddle.