Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

5000+ total yards, 48 total TDs, 0 INTs, and 32 fumbles won’t happen. I get what you’re saying, but let’s be honest...... Allen has a way to go before getting an MVP. Plus, he’ll have to break the stigma of his labeling. He’d have to have some great playoff games to do that. 

But where are Jackson's great playoff games lol

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This is the nonsense right here. We make fun of the guy and use this logic to say that guy is not good. Yet with Josh everything is ignored? What big game has Josh played well in? He was bad in his only playoff game. Awful both career games vs BAL. Awful in 3 games vs NE. He was blah vs PIT and Duck Hodges. His game vs Dallas may be his only solid game and that was a 6-6 team. Seriously, I dont want to bash him. But when we mock other guys for playing bad in a big game and our own QB has not played big in ANY? Just wish we could keep it real. 

Keep it real, what big game has Jackson played well in?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

5000+ total yards, 48 total TDs, 0 INTs, and 32 fumbles won’t happen. I get what you’re saying, but let’s be honest...... Allen has a way to go before getting an MVP. Plus, he’ll have to break the stigma of his labeling. He’d have to have some great playoff games to do that. 

If he lights up Miami for 400 will you change your mind lol

24 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This is the nonsense right here. We make fun of the guy and use this logic to say that guy is not good. Yet with Josh everything is ignored? What big game has Josh played well in? He was bad in his only playoff game. Awful both career games vs BAL. Awful in 3 games vs NE. He was blah vs PIT and Duck Hodges. His game vs Dallas may be his only solid game and that was a 6-6 team. Seriously, I dont want to bash him. But when we mock other guys for playing bad in a big game and our own QB has not played big in ANY? Just wish we could keep it real. 

Lamar Jackson, James Harden, Clayton Kershaw 

Im good and don’t have to give him any credit until he wins a playoff game 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Keep sleeping on Allen, that’s a fun island to be on.   

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I thought you were implying that it had something to do with great playoff games. If not disregard

I’m saying the media pushed the inconsistency and inaccuracy narrative so hard that Allen will have to do something insanely impressive on the national stage to force them into supporting him. Jackson doesn’t face the same bias as Allen. Both QBs are still developing though. Allen could very well get to that elite MVP level.... It’s just gonna take longer for him to garner support for any type of MVP run. It’s also an uphill battle for anyone not named Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m saying the media pushed the inconsistency and inaccuracy narrative so hard that Allen will have to do something insanely impressive on the national stage to force them into supporting him. Jackson doesn’t face the same bias as Allen. Both QBs are still developing though. Allen could very well get to that elite MVP level.... It’s just gonna take longer for him to garner support for any type of MVP run. It’s also an uphill battle for anyone not named Mahomes. 

To the bolded - that is true now.... but people forget going into 2019 after the playoff meltdown against the Chargers in 2018 there was still a swathe of national opinion that Jackson was a running back masquerading as a Quarterback. Now it took him 36 TDs to 6 INTs to change that perspective somewhat - and I think that does support your point that it will take Allen putting up similarly absurd numbers to get some people to move off their position. There are also a lot of people who have moved though. This broad brush "everyone who hated him at draft time still hates him" is not true. I have seen and heard a fair amount of people this summer saying that they have been surprised / impressed by his development.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

He completed 56% of his passes and has completed 56% through 2 years in the nfl.  That’s subpar for a NFL qb.  

is reporting facts pushing an agenda?  I know all you to tell is fake news to discredit the media but those were facts.

now reporting Allen is Inaccurate so far this year is fake news. 

33 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lamar Jackson, James Harden, Clayton Kershaw 

Im good and don’t have to give him any credit until he wins a playoff game 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Keep sleeping on Allen, that’s a fun island to be on.   

So by your weird logic, we shouldn’t be giving Allen any credit either. 

40 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Allen owns Miami

39 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

I’ll sidestep 400 specifically and just call it “has another great game”

it’d be encouraging but beating up a bad team with the roster around him is the expectation. 

you have to meet the expectation a lot to get Major credit. He’s taken some steps. A great game against Miami would be fantastic but it wouldn’t be proof he has arrived as our savior.

7 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Again,  if Josh Allen keeps up this pace the next 2-3 weeks,  he will enter the mvp conversation 

Yes if through 4 weeks Allen is averaging 300 yards a game has 8 touchdowns plus 4 on the ground and 0 picks he will be in the MVP conversation. That is the point I think @Buffalo Junction was making. It would require something of that ilk.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes if through 4 weeks Allen is averaging 300 yards a game has 8 touchdowns plus 4 on the ground and 0 picks he will be in the MVP conversation. That is the point I think @Buffalo Junction was making. It would require something of that ilk.

if the bills are 4-0 coming out of Vegas and josh is playing high level (say close to 300 a game, about 10 tds, a couple splashy highlight plays) he will creep into the “is this the turning point” talk and all eyes will be on him full time. No doubt. 

And the media would love to embrace him as he’s a fun charismatic guy with big talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For sure but if Lamar has more, it was be used against him that he is just a running qb. 

That's the crazy part of how it's reported. The QB should take what the defense is giving. Lamar's passing already looks much improved from last year, but he should still run if no one is clearly open and there is lots of green grass ahead of him. The kid is special.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

To the bolded - that is true now.... but people forget going into 2019 after the playoff meltdown against the Chargers in 2018 there was still a swathe of national opinion that Jackson was a running back masquerading as a Quarterback. Now it took him 36 TDs to 6 INTs to change that perspective somewhat - and I think that does support your point that it will take Allen putting up similarly absurd numbers to get some people to move off their position. There are also a lot of people who have moved though. This broad brush "everyone who hated him at draft time still hates him" is not true. I have seen and heard a fair amount of people this summer saying that they have been surprised / impressed by his development.

It’s certainly starting to change as he’s getting more consistent and he’s flashed on prime time a few times. 

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He completed 56% of his passes and has completed 56% through 2 years in the nfl.  That’s subpar for a NFL qb.  

is reporting facts pushing an agenda?  I know all you to tell is fake news to discredit the media but those were facts.

now reporting Allen is Inaccurate so far this year is fake news. 

I didn’t say it was fake news. I’m simply pointing out that he has to perform at a level that puts all doubt to rest in order to earn an MVP. There have been plenty of debates on this board about Allen’s accuracy and whether is inaccuracies or a lack or precision or poor footwork or..... Fact of the matter is that he started behind the curve, and - just like an employee that shows up late the first day - is going to have to perform at a higher level to get equal recognition. His play influenced the bias, but now that he has the reputation how it was gained is irrelevant. In contrast let’s look at Baker Mayfield who after a decent rookie year played worse than Allen last season..... His performance was placed on his coach, and now that Baker served up a turd burger under a well regarded coach the networks are now starting to pile on. Good or bad reputations linger for a while. 

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly my point. 👍🏼 If Allen shows consistently high play he’ll get the recognition. If he does something insanely awesome like beat Mahomes in a shoot out on top of that he’ll be in the MVP conversation automatically. 

To be honest, I never really expected Allen to start playing at a high level until this year or next. He was so raw coming out I figured it would take at least three years starting for Allen to be where he seems to be now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Keep it real, what big game has Jackson played well in?

Take a look at his career. Then take a look at Allen. Jackson has played well numerous times vs good teams. He beat NE, HOU, SF last year. It is ridiculous to play this game like Jackson has done nothing in this league. Just naive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Take a look at his career. Then take a look at Allen. Jackson has played well numerous times vs good teams. He beat NE, HOU, SF last year. It is ridiculous to play this game like Jackson has done nothing in this league. Just naive. 

Jackson vs NE- 17/23 for 163 yards and 1TD. 16 rushes for 61 yards

Allen vs NE- 13-26 for 208 yards and 2TD. 7 rushes for 43 yards