Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Protocal69

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Because for some reason Lamar being good means Josh is not as good is what it seems. Some weird stuff on these boards. Just like Tyrod Taylor can only be awful and Josh is great. I just read how Kyler Murray is not a real QB like Josh is. Only Josh can be good and nothing else is allowed. 

If Josh Allen keeps up this level of play vs the jets, he will be mvp and the best qb in the NFL by November 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop.  Gunner is one of the most level headed, best posters on this board.  I will say it was strong take but he has given him credit when he deserves it but let’s not pretend like Allen is a top 10 qb yet.  

im sure if people cared, there are plenty of things you were terribly wrong on. I will admit one of my extremely rare mistakes is that I didn’t think Gase was an awful coach.  I was completely wrong on that.  It’s a weird feeling to be wrong. 😞

It's easy to not be 'terribly wrong' on things when you take pains not to put forth OPINION as FACT.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Exactly what am I wrong on? That you're unable to judge Allen objectively? You said drafting him would kill this franchise before he'd even taken an NFL snap!

Yes, but that is what I said then. That doesn't mean I can't be objective forever more on him. Why would it? That is exactly my point. I have no investment in that opinion being right. It just isn't who I am. I don't die on hills. You have strong opinions in life some of them will be wrong. My opinion on how he played vs the Jets on Sunday or the Browns last season (which is the most critical I have been of Josh Allen in his Bills career so far) or in any other game is totally unrelated to what I thought of him playing for Wyoming vs Iowa.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You literally have no idea if that’s true or not.  He was throwing dimes on Sunday and had 3 td passes after leading the nfl in tds the year before.

if Allen had A Heisman/ MVP, this board would destroy anyone for putting him down and talking about what system he would be good in. 

We have gone over this ad nauseam 

Tommy Frazier throwing a td is  not in the same context of peyton manning.  Why??? They run different systems that accentuate strength and weaknesses 

You will never see Lamar Jackson running a west coast offense with no option offense.  Just like you will never see peyton manning running the navy option 

Both can be great. Why are u being obtuse 

Edited by AirAllenPower

22 hours ago, Simon said:

It was not the same type of play at all.

That was a designed option from the moment the ball was snapped and it was the RB's fault for not being ready.

If he had been executing properly, he probably would have scored.

How do you know that. Please explain.

2 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

If Josh Allen keeps up this level of play vs the jets, he will be mvp and the best qb in the NFL by November 

I'd be stoked if he was a unanimous top 10 QB.

Unless Mahomes, Jackson, Russel Wilson and Rodgers have a meltdown of the likes we've never seen, this isn't happening.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You literally have no idea if that’s true or not.  He was throwing dimes on Sunday and had 3 td passes after leading the nfl in tds the year before.

if Allen had A Heisman/ MVP, this board would destroy anyone for putting him down and talking about what system he would be good in. 

Where did I put Lamar down?????

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's easy to not be 'terribly wrong' on things when you take pains not to put forth OPINION as FACT.

Where did I do that? Because what I said on draft night was clearly my opinion. Was it a strong opinion? Yes. Was it a wrong opinion? Yes. But it was still an opinion.

1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

We have gone over this ad nauseam 

Tommy Frazier throwing a td is  not in the same context of peyton manning.  Why??? They run different systems that accentuate strength and weaknesses 

You will never see Lamar Jackson running a west coast offense with no option offense.  Just like you will never see peyton manning running the navy option 

Both can be great. Why are u being obtuse 

Because you are saying your opinion like it is fact. 

And then maybe we should put our running qb in Lamar’s system then. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because you are saying your opinion like it is fact. 

And then maybe we should put our running qb in Lamar’s system then. 

It's a fact Lamar runs a rpo, navy option offense. Greg Roman is the oc.  Everyone in the media admits they committed to his skill set. Those are all facts, and Lamar is great at it

Why are you obsessed with Lamar lol

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

LOL - good laughs man. Wake me when he truly can go toe to toe with the elite.

He will against Goff and mahomes 

See u then

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

They watched his playoff games ? 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans shouldn’t exactly be making fun of other teams playoff games.  He also had like 500 yards of offense.  Was it worst than Peyton at the same age? Or Elway? Or Favre? Or Rodgers?

This is the nonsense right here. We make fun of the guy and use this logic to say that guy is not good. Yet with Josh everything is ignored? What big game has Josh played well in? He was bad in his only playoff game. Awful both career games vs BAL. Awful in 3 games vs NE. He was blah vs PIT and Duck Hodges. His game vs Dallas may be his only solid game and that was a 6-6 team. Seriously, I dont want to bash him. But when we mock other guys for playing bad in a big game and our own QB has not played big in ANY? Just wish we could keep it real. 

17 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

How do you know that. Please explain.

I don't know what you want me to explain, if I remember right it was a pretty standard speed option call.

The only things out of the ordinary about it were that a) you don't see it often in the NFL and b) I think it had a wrinkle where they motioned the X back across to disguise the action and hold the back 7 in place and it worked like a charm.

An option play doesn't end at the LOS, the back maintains his pitch relationship all the way down the field, which he did. He just wasn't ready for the pitch when it finally came.

18 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

If he keeps up this level of play,  yes. It is happening. 

5000+ total yards, 48 total TDs, 0 INTs, and 32 fumbles won’t happen. I get what you’re saying, but let’s be honest...... Allen has a way to go before getting an MVP. Plus, he’ll have to break the stigma of his labeling. He’d have to have some great playoff games to do that.